Are Your Sleds Properly Insured???

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
MY WIFE WORKS IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY PART TIME, AND SEVERAL QUESTIONS AROSE WHEN TRYING TO INSURE MY "MODDED" '99 670X SUMMIT. WE HAD TO GET INSURANCE FROM AN "OUTSOURCE" FOR IT.
SHE TOLD ME, THAT ANY SLED WITH ANY "PERFORMANCE" MODIFICATIONS TO MAKE IT GO FASTER THAN "STOCK" CONDITION WOULD NOT BE COVERED UNDER NORMAL INSURANCE(THIS WOULD INCLUDE EXHAUST STINGERS/CANS). HAS ANYONE OUT THERE CHECKED INTO THEIR INSURANCE TO SEE IF THEY ARE COVERED WITH ANY MODS, HOWEVER MINOR???
THE FELLOW FROM LETHBRIDGE, THAT JUST DAMAGED HIS YAMAHA APEX MOUNTAIN(TURBO) IN MCBRIDE, PROBABLY WON'T GET ANY INSURANCE COVERAGE, UNLESS HIS INSURANCE COMPANY WAS NOTIFIED WHEN INSURING THE SLED.....
ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS INSURANCE COVERAGE??
I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH THIS, BECAUSE, CARS/TRUCKS ETC CAN ALL BE MODIFIED QUITE EXTENSIVELY, AND STILL SEEM TO HAVE INSURANCE COVERAGES.
LETS HEAR YOUR STORIES........:rant:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
ASA Policy

The ASA policy through Drayden Insurance Will cover my sled up to $20000.00 I had to give them a full list of modifications I have done to the sled and am awaiting there underwriter to make the decision. I have alot more than 20K in my sled getting 20 rater than 10 is much better if it was stolen.

RON

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled and quads are both fully insured....it's nice piece of mind to have even if I never use the insurance.:)

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a ball-park estimate for a sled in terms of annual premiums/deductibles for full coverage and what exactly is considered full coverage? ie: collision as well as theft (just in case the 'at-fault' tree does a hit-and-run).

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
ESOX, I would recomend contacting a few insurance companies to get that answer.
Age, accident history etc all play a part in the cost.
You definatley want insurrance. Imagine the personal liability if you were responsabile for a accident and not insured. More than just the sleds, personal injury, ambulance, medical, long term costs etc.
Not a pretty picture.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:cool: No worries on insurance...I've always carried that on everything, I'm just thinking in terms of coverage for the 'brain-fart' that results in a few thousand dollars damage :doh:. I will definitely be contacting my agency with specifics it's just that they aren't open on the weekends...maybe the're sleddin', in which case I can forgive them.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: ASA Policy

The ASA policy through Drayden Insurance Will cover my sled up to $20000.00 I had to give them a full list of modifications I have done to the sled and am awaiting there underwriter to make the decision. I have alot more than 20K in my sled getting 20 rater than 10 is much better if it was stolen.

RON

Ron,

What was the final word on your modified sled? I know when i turbocharged my car I had a hard time finding anyone who would insure it. Did finally find someone though but at a higher price.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your absolutely right Summitric, the Warden is in Insurance management. Most Brokers in my experience know very little about the sport and will sell you crap. Deal with a Sled experienced Insurer.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have btoh my selds insured (of course). We discuss the total "value" of the sled that I want it insured for, regardless of modifications. I do know that anything over 600cc becomes a huge issue for any insurance company.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Thor Agency's in Tofield they will insure you just have to let them know what it is worth, a buddy told me of the place and for the year it was like 260.00 for an 04 king cat. When you go on a sled trip call them and tell them how many days you are going for and they will add colision for those days! which I think was around 20/day for the colision....cheap I think for peace of mind while your riding!:D

Dzl

Reaction score
My company added my sled as an amendment to my vehicle policy. When I inquired as to the limits of coverage, the only thing specified was that they may not cover "high marking incidents" which isn't a concern for me. PL/PD/Fire/ Theft was $120 based on the purchase value of the machine.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my company said it would be 850 dollars for the year for full coverage on an 08 fx nytro. No way i would justify paying that kind of cash.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had no problem with AMA, they just asked how much it was worth and added it to my other policies.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooperators - in GP
10 years claim free, (they ask for proof)
07 - APEX - full coverage = $ 291.00 / yr
07 - Grizzly - full coverage = $ 288.00 / yr
02 - Foreman - full coverage = $ 207.00 / yr
94 - ZR 700 - pl/pl/f&t = $ 126.00 / yr

Is this in-line with my fellow snowandmud friends?

do you have your vehicle insurance through them?

Top Bottom