Insurance for mountain sleds

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with intact as well and I upped my deductible to make it cheaper. I'll have to get my exact numbers tonight but I don't think mine is that much for a 16 freeride should be roughly the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

burky

Reaction score
I thought surely she made a mistake on price but,she assured me 800.00 fo collision. Her reason was when a claim is made on a mountain sled it is usually a total write off.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought surely she made a mistake on price but,she assured me 800.00 fo collision. Her reason was when a claim is made on a mountain sled it is usually a total write off.

I'll check mine with intact tonight and let you know what im at.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

She may have heard about the potential bulkhead problems. :dunno: and I' outta here....:bolt:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run comprehensive which covers most stuff besides collision in sask and that includes liability theft and fire and trailering for 188
then i plate each machine for the season at 130 each sled and that covers more liability and gives us the ability to drive on crown land and 70 bucks or so of that 130 goes to the local trail system to use the trails
if i was to do collision insurance it is tied to my vehicle insurance and i would loose points incase of a accident and it just not worth it for me to take a hit on my license for a skidoo crash

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Best policy is the group one through Drayden, Join the Alberta Snowmobile Association for $80 for a year membership, then call drayden and get a quote on the ASA group policy, its through Novex (Ing), its a stand alone policy and unbeatable rates. If you have a new sled it comes with SEF 43R, which is waiver of depreciation for 24 months, try finding a policy on a toy that has that. Also you should not insure your toys with your vehicle, if you end up making a claim it will affect your vehicle insurance, and that can get real pricey. I pay roughly $400 for full coverage on my 2017 skidoo

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In BC I pay 540.00 a year for full coverage and liability. This also covers me on the hwy and doubles icbc coverage for my sled deck and includes 2000.00 for rescue of the sled. insured for 14,000 16 summit t3.

With who?

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your truck insurance covers anything in the box or being towed. I rented a camper last year and in tow, it was covered under me, and while parked and unhooked it was their insurance.

Perhaps it's different towing actual vehicles?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im with Unifund insurance. I have Collision, fire, theft, full replacement value of $14000. As much coverage as i could get with them and I'm paying $445 a year with a $500 deductible. This is a 2016 Axys 163.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What policies cover the sled if its being hauled in a trailer or on a deck? The truck and trailer insurance usually does not? The only reason I have collision is for transporting.

I think mine in about 470 full coverage and 2 mil liability, with a 1000 deductible, and sled is insured for full replacement.

Fire and theft coverage includes damage to the sled from collision of carrying vehicle. Page 10 of the Alberta Standard Policy Form No. 1 http://www.finance.alberta.ca/publi...ates/SPF1-Standard-Automobile-Policy-2013.pdf

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your truck insurance covers anything in the box or being towed. I rented a camper last year and in tow, it was covered under me, and while parked and unhooked it was their insurance.

Perhaps it's different towing actual vehicles?

You are completely incorrect. Auto insurance covers the automobile only except for the CD you left in the deck (if you still use them).

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are completely incorrect. Auto insurance covers the automobile only except for the CD you left in the deck (if you still use them).

i am in agreement with this! If it is not physically bolted or attached to the vehical it is not covered by the vehical policy.

I specifically asked my broker if the sled was covered by the vehical insurance while in transit, and the answer was NO, you would require collision on the sled.

For those that are riding with out liability insurance, that is a very selfish choice to make! The liability portion is cheap, and if you can afford to sled you can afford liability insurance. It has nothing to do with your well being, but what about an innocent individual that may be involved by your incedent. I do hope nobody else is subjected to property damage, injuries, or suffering due to you negligence. They are called accedent's and nobody plans to have them regardless of cautiousness. A throttle may jam or a sled get ghost ridden!

Don't be a d-bag and suck it up and pay to play, or I hope that fishing rod get wedge up your arse if you do cause an incident!

Top Bottom