Another killer budget from the ndp

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually don't know anybody personally that would vote for NDP, but if I did I would definitely call them out

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually don't know anybody personally that would vote for NDP, but if I did I would definitely call them out

There is a large demographic that supports their environmental initiatives. A few of these lost souls are good friends of mine - trying to beat sense into them while maintaining our friendship is proving to be very difficult.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Environmental initiatives don't mean much when China is planning on starting up 20 times (that's a guess I think that number is actually higher) the amount of coal plants we plan on closing in the same time frame. Us closing coal plants is doing nothing but costing a pile of money. it's pretty sad actually

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Environmental initiatives don't mean much when China is planning on starting up 20 times (that's a guess I think that number is actually higher) the amount of coal plants we plan on closing in the same time frame. Us closing coal plants is doing nothing but costing a pile of money. it's pretty sad actually

and this is one reason why she needs to be gone.......we need a premier who is looking out for Alberta now.......nothing wrong with going green but to kill your economy is not acceptable.....there must be a way to make our coal plants environmentally friendly....

but then, we are just a bunch or sewer rats in their eyes......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
and this is one reason why she needs to be gone.......we need a premier who is looking out for Alberta now.......nothing wrong with going green but to kill your economy is not acceptable.....there must be a way to make our coal plants environmentally friendly....

but then, we are just a bunch or sewer rats in their eyes......

drive past Genessee lots over the summer, I NEVER see smoke any color other than white coming out of those stacks, the scrubbers and stuff they have in there cleans up the emissions really quite well. Even when we've gone out to Warburg at -35 for curling bonspiels I've never seen any really black or gross looking smoke coming out of that plant..... if she would do her research properly she would probably see our coal burning plants are already super clean.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modern coal plants (Genessee Unit 3 for example) are relatively clean with respect to visible particulate and sulfur emissions. However burning coal still emits a lot of greenhouse gas / CO2 compared to natural gas.

Pounds of CO2 emitted per million British thermal units (Btu) of energy for various fuels:

Coal (anthracite)228.6
Coal (bituminous)205.7
Coal (lignite)215.4
Coal (subbituminous)214.3
Diesel fuel and heating oil161.3
Gasoline157.2
Propane139.0
Natural gas117.0

I can understand a gradual transition from coal to natural gas. What I don't like is the NDP's seemingly knee-jerk decision to phase out our coal assets early. I fear this will cost us dearly on our electricity bills.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Modern coal plants (Genessee Unit 3 for example) are relatively clean with respect to visible particulate and sulfur emissions. However burning coal still emits a lot of greenhouse gas / CO2 compared to natural gas.

Pounds of CO2 emitted per million British thermal units (Btu) of energy for various fuels:

Coal (anthracite)228.6
Coal (bituminous)205.7
Coal (lignite)215.4
Coal (subbituminous)214.3
Diesel fuel and heating oil161.3
Gasoline157.2
Propane139.0
Natural gas117.0

I can understand a gradual transition from coal to natural gas. What I don't like is the NDP's seemingly knee-jerk decision to phase out our coal assets early. I fear this will cost us dearly on our electricity bills.

look at Ontario Hydro bills..... you'll see exactly what we are going to be facing.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think your electricity bill is the only thing that's going to go up? What happens when the demand for natural gas Rises because that's what we're generating power with? I'm guessing our gas bills are going to Skyrocket too

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I love how the NDP says they're going to put a cap on electricity prices, that's laughable. Who's going to pay the over and above for those electricity costs? Our tax dollars

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they just capped the kwh consumption rate to make people feel better. And it's capped around double what we're paying right now? Not sure this is just my recollection. The infrastructure costs I'm guessing will come in the form of more surcharges on the bill, or separately funded through the tax base somehow.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's hope Notley thinks she's going to foil the PC/WR merger and calls an early election, might get rid of her sooner than later!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only the NDP could offer tax funded rebates and tell us they are helping us out ...JFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and the stupid cow has the gull to insult BRAD WALL about his budget thanks to all the union workers and teachers we will have these stupid people in power for 2 more years there is no way they will call a early election they want to finish ruining this province before the stupid people that voted them in change their mind believe it or not there is still 35% that would vote them in again CANNOT FIX STUPID

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Latest polling put ndp at 23% and Wildrose at 38%

Top Bottom