Am I the only one

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Does anyone else find themselves constantly checking different web cams and watching the snow pile up or am I wierd or something. It's frigging hard not to go an hour without checking on stupid gnorme the gnome or the hiway cams. I'm loving all this fresh. Can't wait to go ride.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't go too soon. You will wreck your sled forsure. It takes time to build a good snow cover, first fresh too contains too many stony mines underneath, I've learnt it the hard way.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do it to every couple hours I check the web cam in the pine pass and once a day I check powder kings web site for how much snow there is at the chalet, mid hill, and top of the hill, we're just about to the point were I'm gonna gear up and go rip

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Bad habit the wife says.
Checking road cameras and conditions, cabin cams, the gnome, weather radar and snow and mud.
Seem to do it frequently throughout the day!

I guess there is worse bad habits out there? LOL

I to am addicted, even on the mornings before sledding, i seem to be the weather, camera and avy condition go to rep for our group.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirt, right there with you buddy! In fact decided last night to move the first trip up a week to next weekend. As Polar said, gotta resist the urge a little as we used to go super early but after dropping into a creek hole and wrecking a bulk head in early Nov decided to wait until at least Dec now...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Going to giver this morning. Everything is a go and I know there will be stumps and rocks lurking. Careful and patient at this time of year. I won't be going to my "first ride" area today, so the familiarity of the land mines will be a little sketchy.

Every year, people say, "there is no base" and every year, early season, there is no base. Get out and ride and get that big ****-hook grin back on your face. Come on guys winter is here!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad habit the wife says.
Checking road cameras and conditions, cabin cams, the gnome, weather radar and snow and mud.
Seem to do it frequently throughout the day!

I guess there is worse bad habits out there? LOL

I to am addicted, even on the mornings before sledding, i seem to be the weather, camera and avy condition go to rep for our group.
LOL, wife says the same to me as well. I usually check out Golden highway cam, rogers pass, and Revy cam. then i go look at yamacam and then the Gnome...all in that order.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA I do the same thing a few times a day checking snow and mud and all the web cams where I ride!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could always start looking at "other" webcam feeds which may draw her attention much quicker, I am sure she would be more than happy to see you looking at Drive BC and Norm the Gnome than the naughty ones.

I have about six different cams that are favorites on my phone, revy gnome, the fernie griz, drive bc for Quartz, Rogers Pass and Salmo/creston, new yammy cam and silverstar.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me too!!!!!! I have it up all day.. check the Kootenay Pass Cam first thing in the morning... If I can't sleep at night I drink Tea and watch the camera lol.
B.C.Highway Cams

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a recent pic from bear lodge resort in the bighorn mts. Burgess juncton wy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417101020603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417101020603.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 133

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always check the cams until I can actually see snow around here. Then I just look out the window of my office and wonder what the hell I'm still doing sitting here. Stupid job.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Jamie and i to have a snow web cam addition. Together we can get thru this and break the cycle of creeping on web cam and just get the hell out there and BRAP !!!!! If Gnorme only knew how many people creeped on him daily !!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Jamie and i to have a snow web cam addition. Together we can get thru this and break the cycle of creeping on web cam and just get the hell out there and BRAP !!!!! If Gnorme only knew how many people creeped on him daily !!
Baaaaaaaaaaaa....

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Just spent the day plowing snow at my commercial construction project in Rocky Mountain House. I am the Project Manager but I told the operator to go do something else. Tunes cranked, heat blasting and lifting the snow way up high and dumping like a miser running his hands through his cash. 35 cm today and still coming down. My throttle finger is spazzing. Ride locally for sure this weekend but going to wait a few more weeks to hit the mountains. I too have "Been there, Bent that"

Top Bottom