Allen creek trail and the people who can't ride

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the sport and with this kind of attitude it makes me even more hesitant to go to the mountains again, as I am probably some one you would call a loser because I struggled when I went and felt bad that I was dragging down everyone else.

There's a saying I like "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
We have all been that person holding things up at one time or another we all started some where. Don't let the odd Jack A$$ ruin it for you, when we're out we help any body that needs it and I think I speak for most sledders. :rant:
Happy Trails!!!!

apex69

Reaction score
first time i see that trail in early conditions
and to tell u the truth it looks bad and dangerous i went that trail up already 6 times but in normal season

we went to allen last new years with kids and wifes (im solo ;-) )
but what pissed me really of is guys flying by other sledders going up the trail
we had a little girl ok 15 i think she was
crying at the cabine cause one duchy was giving her the fist cause he had to drive behind her for a minute a little slower
and than he just flew buy
and i dont get the point of racing up the trail ?!!? whats that 3minutes earlier up at the cabine ?

I agree take your time last year our wives got pased so much they were getting scared. if u want to pass some one try to make shure they know ur there. when i come down i make good time the apex handels the rough trails sweet the faster u go.but i never pass untill they know im there. on a nother note if u notice some one behind u let them go by.

apex69

Reaction score
There's a saying I like "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
We have all been that person holding things up at one time or another we all started some where. Don't let the odd Jack A$$ ruin it for you, when we're out we help any body that needs it and I think I speak for most sledders. :rant:
Happy Trails!!!!

If i see some one stuck i help. some times all u need is a little tug.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a positive note.....
Rode Allen last friday. frickin cold but made it to premier. just before we pasted a couple guys trying to tow out a 670 with another older skud. They were strugglin. Buddy Rob who I can only describe as a seasoned rider latches onto this sled without hesitation and towes it back to the cabin for the father & son team. Watching him pull some of the inclines with that sled behind was incredible. They offered to pay, etc., but he would not take anything for it, and he ended up towing it down to the parking lot and helped load. When it was all done he says "No soldier gets left behind" lol.
I know there are only a handful of guys that could have done this.
There are good people out there as I hope this example proves.

Cheers

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good on ya koby, very nice thing to have done for complete strangers. your friend Rob is a fine ambassador to our sport....

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a positive note.....
....... When it was all done... Buddy Rob...he says "No soldier gets left behind" lol.
I know there are only a handful of guys that could have done this.
There are good people out there as I hope this example proves......

Cheers

I would only hope Rob & people like him were around if I was up the hill with my boys..and we needed the help Rob is so eager to lend everyone else!!!!

..damn near brings a tear to my eye.......THANKS for all you do ROB...& all the riders out there like him !!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
well seeing this post has mostly posts about chrisco and how he is bad for our sport!!!! ill share this will all the ppl that think that about him!!!!

last sat chrisco and i were at allen and after the day of riding we went to the cabin.. it was full of guys but as they slowly left here and there b4 we knew it, it was just chris and i in ther putting on our gear for the cold ride down!! so ther we are sleds running outside just us in there. we walk out jump on our sleds and are about to leave when i look over and chris is gone!! i look way over to the outhouse and see sum people barly! i walk over and there is a 670 that wont start and two young guys trying to get it goin! well as they told us the sled was rolled eariler in the day and the throttle was broken.. so Chrisco goes back to his sled grabs his tools comes back fixes the throttle with a pair of vise grips gets the sled running and we follow him down to the truck and hes on his way really happy!! maybe lay off chrisco cuz he would be the first to stop and help and i would no this..

Merry X Mas everyone........:beer: SP

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the sport and with this kind of attitude it makes me even more hesitant to go to the mountains again, as I am probably some one you would call a loser because I struggled when I went and felt bad that I was dragging down everyone else.

Alberta is full of A-Holes that think their chit dont stink, on the road and on the hills.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
........THERE'S NO ENTERTAINMENT IN A PERFECT RIDE! LOFT IS HALF THE FUN OF PERFECTING THE SPORT!!........

...WE ALL HAD IT AT 1 POINT!!!

...For those who don't know......LACK OF F'N TALLENT!!

CHEERS!!!!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's everyone enjoying their GLOBAL WARMING?????:rollinglaugh:

One of the guys from work lives in Paradise Valley south of here. -41 on the mirror driving to work this morning! Global warming....my a$$ !! Cold wet summers...cold dry winters! Where's the f'n warming! HAAAAAA!!!

Anyway....needed to vent I guess....;)

CHEERS!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco is responsible for the depletion of the planet's natural resources.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet he's the ba$tard responsible for my getting a double double last time I ordered an extra large regular!......You're frickin' dead next time I see you man!!!

Top Bottom