Allen creek trail and the people who can't ride

bcham5

Reaction score
Novice trail as of Sunday the 7th

100_1539.jpg

100_1537.jpg

It was my 3rd day riding ever and i was quite proud to zip past the turbo apex and skidoo and make it up, and we got the apex and skidoo up after skitowing him up:d they thought i had turned back and went to the truck

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the good old icy trail!!:) but this is the stuff on the other side!

Attachments

• little jump at allen creek.jpg
    little jump at allen creek.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 63

green momba

Reaction score
lol turbo dont mean $hit. ill go get my old phazer

easy steve some of us know how you drive I mean ride lol, any trips planned for christmas my rig is shutting down and I will be home with any luck call me and we can make a trip. but if it is okay can I drive ? :confused::eek::d

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
Novice trail as of Sunday the 7th

100_1539.jpg

100_1537.jpg

It was my 3rd day riding ever and i was quite proud to zip past the turbo apex and skidoo and make it up, and we got the apex and skidoo up after skitowing him up:d they thought i had turned back and went to the truck

first time i see that trail in early conditions
and to tell u the truth it looks bad and dangerous i went that trail up already 6 times but in normal season

we went to allen last new years with kids and wifes (im solo ;-) )
but what pissed me really of is guys flying by other sledders going up the trail
we had a little girl ok 15 i think she was
crying at the cabine cause one duchy was giving her the fist cause he had to drive behind her for a minute a little slower
and than he just flew buy
and i dont get the point of racing up the trail ?!!? whats that 3minutes earlier up at the cabine ?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polarisryder one quick ? why are you still looking at this thread if you dont like it.

bcham5

Reaction score
The ride up was scarey for me but once i got up to the cabin it was worth it. It was socked in but still a nice ride untill buddy on his apex hit a rock on the first big hill and killed it. here is some pics of it.

100_1540.jpg

100_1543.jpg

100_1545.jpg

100_1547.jpg

100_1546.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....how long did the rear bumper on the XP last while towing? can't believe how cheezy thin they are....

bcham5

Reaction score
Third picture down in the middle is the apex and to the bottem left is the rock he hit that tore his track and cracked his chain case,the apex managed to get to the top of the hill and my cat had to take over untill the hill before the cabin, he had to drive it there,then a skidoo towed him to km 3 and my M1000 had to take over to get it to the parking lot.:d

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must have bin a pull and a 1/2 nice job getting it out.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
easy steve some of us know how you drive I mean ride lol, any trips planned for christmas my rig is shutting down and I will be home with any luck call me and we can make a trip. but if it is okay can I drive ? :confused::eek::d

was goin to mcbride on the weekend but now goin to work til xmas. oh well theres always april :eek:

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Scotts,
Not eveybody knows about this great website.
I have been ridding now for 6 or 7 years and only heard of this site last year.

Better communication= Better results??????????????????????? how many posts do people have to read that the conditions are the shits before it sinks in?? I was posting for weeks prior that it was very crappy out and got told "that some people just like to go for a drive with their friends, who cares about the snow". I could care less how far they drove,closed trail means trail closed.
I guess i was the stupid one for beating that trail i should of just went under the rope or better yet went up the back trail like The Big Ride guys so their french speaking customers didnt wreck the rental sleds on the switchbacks.
Iam Sick of this thread and sick of hearing about how great sledders are as people. Some are good,some will go around the signs and ride closures and some will smash out your window and steal your stuff.
Iam done with this thread.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I think that we are the culprits that Chris is talking about that were stuck on the trail. We chose to take the old trail as I read about the new trail being roped off to help with the grooming, I even set the sign back up that was knocked over because I agree that people should stay off to help this out. In our group of 4 we had 2 newbies and 2 guys with experience(15 years). The most experienced fellow was in the lead and got caught because he did not have enogh momentum for 2 reasons: 1) We were riding at a safe pace for the new guys, 2) We ride Revelstoke 95% of the time and we were not as familiar to the trail as we could be so we did not know where to build speed for the ice run. Thier group did offer to help but we declined so that they could get on with thier day. We turned ourseves around and my buddy and I rode all of the sleds up with no problem and lost about 20 minutes doing so. I can understand his frustration as we felt bad that we spun out. We have come across many newbies making simple mistakes that we take for granted, some we help and some we dont. I do think that Chris could have worded his post a little different as it did make him look bad but I am glad to see he is just like the rest of us good guys, helping people out is huge in my books as I do the same.Maybe this can end this post and we can all get along and be freinds, everyone have a safe year and we hope to see you on the hill.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a new rider myself, only to the mountains twice, i've seen a lot more a$$ riders then nice ones. I remember one, a guy seen me stuck and two of us digging me out, stopped asked if we needed help and told him no he goes to pull away and for some reason burries his sled. I felt bad because if he just kept going and didn't try to help he wouldn't of got stuck. When we got me out and the rest of my group came back (they were buried somewere else) we all helped him out and we seen him stuck again later and helped him again.

My other experiences are not to good, when I stuck my sled on it's side on a hill I heard someone mummble as they rode be my "what a idiot" or something of that nature and went and highmarked the top above me. This gave me a really bad impression of other riders, and although I try to watch and learn, if I seen him in the parking lot after he would of got a few words simply because you do not climb above someone who is stuck and i'm sure he could tell I was a newb :rant:

As far as beginners in advanced trails, i've been there, I can't remember the name but the unmanaged trail just outside of Valemount, I got stuck 5 times before I got into the Alpine on the last climb. But my buddies were very understanding and the next day first try, didn't get stuck once all day which if you seen me ride is a huge accompolishment :d

You need to remember you were new once, and try to give people pointers and help them out inside of telling them to go home, because who knows they might not be the best rider but they might be great on the beacon and save your butt one day!

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'v been riding allen for 15 years and I thought the days of the switch back jams were over until last sat. If you cant get up the trail go home or go
somewhere else.There is no reason to polish up the trail and for the guys who could not get up the old trail and went through the fence (loosers,
) just my opinion.

PS to the 4 guys spun out in my way up the old trail sorry about the shrapnel flying from my track

Chrisco

I am fairly new to the sport and with this kind of attitude it makes me even more hesitant to go to the mountains again, as I am probably some one you would call a loser because I struggled when I went and felt bad that I was dragging down everyone else.

Top Bottom