Air lift load lifter 5000 ultimate

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the r5000.

I have the 72000 wireless digital on-board compressor. It is now 3 years and working fine.

I got it from Off-Road Canada in Lethbridge. 251 12B st. N. 327-7722. Something more to think about!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I gotta get bags soon as well. It will be whatever Summitric suggests.

helium filled, then when stopped on scales will show a lighter reading than what truck really weighs!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend gave me a dual compressor and tank setup a few years back. I plan to install that in the new truck, most likely I'll mount it to the deck unless I can find a good spot to put it underneath the truck. To keep the costs down I was just going to fill up the air bags from my compressor air line manually vs buying a controller. What appeals to me with these is the internal jounce bumper so you can run them empty. It's a pita to keep tabs on the air pressure on the ones you can't run flat unless you have the controller.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Controller is just a valve and a gauge.Not sure what it would cost to buy separate,but there's no way I would have a manual fill if you are gonna have an onboard compressor,JMO
A friend gave me a dual compressor and tank setup a few years back. I plan to install that in the new truck, most likely I'll mount it to the deck unless I can find a good spot to put it underneath the truck. To keep the costs down I was just going to fill up the air bags from my compressor air line manually vs buying a controller. What appeals to me with these is the internal jounce bumper so you can run them empty. It's a pita to keep tabs on the air pressure on the ones you can't run flat unless you have the controller.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Controller is just a valve and a gauge.Not sure what it would cost to buy separate,but there's no way I would have a manual fill if you are gonna have an onboard compressor,JMO
$130 from bumper to bumper for the ride rite gauge and manual controller. I used a cheap 120 psi walmart compressor mounted under my console.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$130 from bumper to bumper for the ride rite gauge and manual controller. I used a cheap 120 psi walmart compressor mounted under my console.

Can you fill each bag separately? I don't like to have my air bag lines tied together as you lose some stability. I haul my rzr on top of my deck and it's quite top heavy.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm sure you could rig it up that way if you wanted.
Can you fill each bag separately? I don't like to have my air bag lines tied together as you lose some stability. I haul my rzr on top of my deck and it's quite top heavy.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, I bought the single setup, I don't have a deck anymore and didn't feel the need for separate bag controls. they were available though, a few extra bucks for dual control.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have air lift 1000's and it came with enough material to run either single fill or individually

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed a levelling valve on a bag kit? it would sure be simple to do, I'm thinking about trying it but just not excited to have to run an air tank.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.But a tank would actually be good for filling tires and other stuff so maybe not such a bad idear.
has anyone installed a levelling valve on a bag kit? it would sure be simple to do, I'm thinking about trying it but just not excited to have to run an air tank.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.But a tank would actually be good for filling tires and other stuff so maybe not such a bad idear.

I concur. Now that I sold my little Freight shaker, I feel a little naked without onboard air. I think I'll mount a compressor and tank somewhere on the old Edsel

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I pack a little compressor camping,but could eliminate that if I put a tank on the pickup.
I concur. Now that I sold my little Freight shaker, I feel a little naked without onboard air. I think I'll mount a compressor and tank somewhere on the old Edsel

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Oops,sorry,kinda hijacking this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom