Advise on an Avy bag.

Degenstein19

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on buying an Avy bag that would fit a smaller frame the best. I'm only 5'9" and was just wondering which one to go with that would have less of a fatigue factor and feel the lightest. Thanks!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the abs base units are made in a small/med size and a large size and then you can pick how big of storage zip on you want

Degenstein19

Reaction score

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is another one. It says ladies but you were looking for a bag for a smaller frame dude. Some ideas in here for you:

https://www.snowandmud.com/horsepower-hunny-s/108985-ladies-avi-bag-wearing.html?highlight=bags

I am 5'-9" and wear the ABS Vario system with a 15l bag. BTW, there are lots of bag to chose from. If you are ever into Calgary or Edmonton, the bigger stores have a good selection (MEC, Atmosphere, to name a few). I came from a BCA Float 32 and there is a world of difference. Still enough room for what I need to carry and the bigger stuff like a tow rope, spare shovel, larger first aid kit, and tools fit in a tunnel bag.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is another one. It says ladies but you were looking for a bag for a smaller frame dude. Some ideas in here for you:

https://www.snowandmud.com/horsepower-hunny-s/108985-ladies-avi-bag-wearing.html?highlight=bags

I am 5'-9" and wear the ABS Vario system with a 15l bag. BTW, there are lots of bag to chose from. If you are ever into Calgary or Edmonton, the bigger stores have a good selection (MEC, Atmosphere, to name a few). I came from a BCA Float 32 and there is a world of difference. Still enough room for what I need to carry and the bigger stuff like a tow rope, spare shovel, larger first aid kit, and tools fit in a tunnel bag.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of riding do u do if your in the trees alot I would go with the snowpulse vest bag since it has body armour in the bag which u will appreciat

X2 on that. I currently have a BCA Throttle 22 and I want to go with a vest nextime. More pricy but as mentioned above in the trees I like having my bag as light as possible. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded an older Snowpulse Highmark to a new Snowpulse Spire 3.0 vest type. I am 5'7" and it fits nice.
My only complaint so far is that the shovel holder is on the small size. I use a Klim D handle shovel and the shovel is a tight fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try each one on, and put some weight in it, we have found that they all fit different on different people, some people like the vest style and others find it very uncomfortable. When you are in the store put on a jacket like the one you wear and then try on the pack,,, lot of money to spend on something that doesn't fit or is uncomfortable
I wear a abs pack, very comfortable and you can switch sides of the deployment handle ( It makes a difference if you are very right handed or very left handed)

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weight isn't as much of a factor if it fits properly. A poorly adjusted pack will cause fatigue no matter how heavy it is.

Top Bottom