AC and Yamaha partnership?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where this all started and will end is when AC put a Yamaha engine in a Z120 and then painted it blue and put a Yamaha decal on it for a hundred bucks less than a Cat. Thats what I think anyway.

Ya there might of been a bit of a trade the z120 for a better deal in the yami technology. I for one am looking foward to this new technology i have not been convinced by the 4 stokes yet i just love the snap of a 2 over a 4 so what ever any manufacture can do to keep producing 2smokers is a good thing IMO.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha, is selling the kitty cat 120 with yamaha emblem,seen it at yamaha dealer last week. so maybe be that's what the fuss is about.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat is not going anywhere,they've been the top selling mountain sled for years. look at polaris in 2006 ch!t went down hill for them with the 900,and now they bounce back with BAD ASS sled!!!! I'm not a brand loyal guy. presently I ride 09 M8 next year who knows maybe a doo or maybe a poo.:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat is not going anywhere,they've been the top selling mountain sled for years.:beer:

SAY WHAT??? I'm not brand loyal, owned everything but Poo, and think that Cat makes a great sled, but Cat HAS NOT been the top mountain sled for years. Since the introduction of the Rev (which changed the game huge out west), in the past 5 yrs I think it has been Doo with the exception of the last 2 yrs which was Polaris. Polaris added another dimension with the Pro RMK and how easy it is to ride and has the #1 seller spot the last 2 yrs. Cat may have had a year or 2 on top in the last decade but I think it has been primarily Doo (at least in Canada).

1970gto

Reaction score
I have never owned a Doo but know people that have owned the weak, twisty poorly built Doo. As far as Polaris they are unreliable and way underpowered. So if you weigh 100 lbs. you might ride one but there is no way it will keep up to a Cat. I have seen first hand what happens when you compare them, the new Doo may be better than they were that is yet to be seen. The Cat 800 motor is unstopable.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a Doo but know people that have owned the weak, twisty poorly built Doo. As far as Polaris they are unreliable and way underpowered. So if you weigh 100 lbs. you might ride one but there is no way it will keep up to a Cat. I have seen first hand what happens when you compare them, the new Doo may be better than they were that is yet to be seen. The Cat 800 motor is unstopable.
Go riders.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Yamaha wouldn't have gone to the lengths of getting a permit for sleds IN THE CITY of Minneapolis for an event, just to announce the 120 sled....there's more coming.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Who knows ac has always had someone else build their engines

Arctic Cat Buys Back 6.1 Million Shares from Suzuki

The stock buyback reduces Arctic Cat’s outstanding shares from 18.4 million to 12.3 million, increasing non-Suzuki shareholders’ ownership of outstanding common shares by approximately 33 percent, and leaves Arctic Cat’s public share float unchanged. Arctic Cat funded this purchase with existing cash on its balance sheet. The company expects to end its 2012 fiscal year with more than $60 million in cash and no debt, after deducting cash used for the share purchase from Suzuki.

“Based on our current cash position and ongoing cash generation, we feel comfortable with this share purchase and believe it provides great value to our remaining shareholders,” says Claude Jordan, Arctic Cat president and CEO. “Suzuki has been a major shareholder since 1988 and a valued engine supplier for the Arctic Cat brand since 1976. We have benefited significantly from this long-standing relationship. Although Suzuki will no longer have an ownership stake in Arctic Cat, we look forward to continuing to purchase snowmobile engines for the next two model years, in addition to having Suzuki supply Arctic Cat with snowmobile engine parts to service existing engines after that time.”

Suzuki will continue to supply snowmobile engines to Arctic Cat through the 2014 model year, as well as engine parts to service existing engines. Arctic Cat will move snowmobile engine manufacturing to its St. Cloud, Minn., facility, where the company has manufactured ATV engines since 2007.

In conjunction with the buyback of all of Suzuki’s Class B Arctic Cat shares, Suzuki’s representative has resigned from Arctic Cat’s board of directors, effective immediately. This is a position granted Suzuki as part of its ownership of the Class B shares, does not continue following the buyback and brings the total number on Arctic Cat’s board to seven, the majority of which are independent directors.

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all sledders are f%#ked to be honest. Of all the consumer groups on earth who think that what you buy says something about who you are personally, sled guys seem to believe it the most.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all sledders are f%#ked to be honest. Of all the consumer groups on earth who think that what you buy says something about who you are personally, sled guys seem to believe it the most.
what about white framed oakleys, flat brimmed hats, and tapout/affliction gear?

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SAY WHAT??? I'm not brand loyal, owned everything but Poo, and think that Cat makes a great sled, but Cat HAS NOT been the top mountain sled for years. Since the introduction of the Rev (which changed the game huge out west), in the past 5 yrs I think it has been Doo with the exception of the last 2 yrs which was Polaris. Polaris added another dimension with the Pro RMK and how easy it is to ride and has the #1 seller spot the last 2 yrs. Cat may have had a year or 2 on top in the last decade but I think it has been primarily Doo (at least in Canada).

Ya, Cat may not have the highest mark on the hill! to me reliability is #1

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That just backs it up even further. If you see a guy wearing all three of those things, chances are he owns a sled too. Haha!!
I will bet that more don't than do. three levels must be achieved before they are guaranteed sled owners. the first being mentioned, second is the lifted truck. once decals are applied to said lifted truck, bingo. sled owner all day

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hehehe

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will bet that more don't than do. three levels must be achieved before they are guaranteed sled owners. the first being mentioned, second is the lifted truck. once decals are applied to said lifted truck, bingo. sled owner all day

Hmmm...some of us don't fit the mould very well. Never owned a lifted truck. Never owned white glasses, flat brim hat, or topout shirt. BUT....I do have a small Ski-Doo decal on my 1/2 ton back window....I am waiting to decide if it comes off for a Yammy one still. LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

From what snow west says it will be a tight race between the pro and the XM this season for sled of the year.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...some of us don't fit the mould very well. Never owned a lifted truck. Never owned white glasses, flat brim hat, or topout shirt. BUT....I do have a small Ski-Doo decal on my 1/2 ton back window....I am waiting to decide if it comes off for a Yammy one still. LOL.
pretty much the same here Dave. keeps 'em guessing

Top Bottom