Aboriginal protests in Canada.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we are both Canadian and i am not better then you i see us as equals. Here is a shocker yes i am treaty indian but my mom is white as casper the ghost. She is of scottish heritage as is the rest of my family from her side. Why do i associate myself with my native side more. That is culmination of growing up and listening to all the stereotypes of natives. I am proud of my native heritage and everyone should be proud of their heritage regardless of where they are from. And yes i support idle no more not because of Chief fill her pockets with our money but because of the way Harper passed bill C-45 and fed up with all the stereotypes. I work, pay my taxes and dont drink. So why do i have to listen to all the indian jokes.
what is c45 and whats wrong with knowing where the money is being used on since only a few are gaining from the money that is given to the reserves and they still look like slums in the city. Like someone said your tired of the bad jokes so how many blond jokes are their and my daughter is blond but like it saids its a joke so go get a sence of humor or like a negro only a negro can say that word but since i'm white I can't say it or i'm racist. They are also saying i'm on your land but like all the peaple in canada we all payed for our land and u where given the resevation so where does it give the natives the right to come back after a 100yrs and say its theirs. With the road blocks it's not helping because all it's doing is pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssing peaple of instead of getting the message out and all they are claiming is they don't like bill c45 so let the peaple no what the bill is all about instead of having road blocks. I was in th usa this summer and how come the reserves seem to be doing better than the ones in canada and the get little to no help from the goverment. You keep on putting your hand out but u don't want us to no what you are spending it on so whos spending all this money and how come so many natives are losing if I was u I would take a close look at your chiefs. I have alot of friends that are native and they are just as pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed of as I am with all the demands the natives are asking for and their answer is get a job like they have and stop asking for hand outs and be pround u are native. Just my 2 cents

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know, I don't mean to be an ass.. BUT,

Can you space you super long paragraph, so others can decipher it?
It's super hard to read.

Sorry.

what is c45 and whats wrong with knowing where the money is being used on since only a few are gaining from the money that is given to the reserves and they still look like slums in the city. Like someone said your tired of the bad jokes so how many blond jokes are their and my daughter is blond but like it saids its a joke so go get a sence of humor or like a negro only a negro can say that word but since i'm white I can't say it or i'm racist. They are also saying i'm on your land but like all the peaple in canada we all payed for our land and u where given the resevation so where does it give the natives the right to come back after a 100yrs and say its theirs. With the road blocks it's not helping because all it's doing is pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssing peaple of instead of getting the message out and all they are claiming is they don't like bill c45 so let the peaple no what the bill is all about instead of having road blocks. I was in th usa this summer and how come the reserves seem to be doing better than the ones in canada and the get little to no help from the goverment. You keep on putting your hand out but u don't want us to no what you are spending it on so whos spending all this money and how come so many natives are losing if I was u I would take a close look at your chiefs. I have alot of friends that are native and they are just as pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed of as I am with all the demands the natives are asking for and their answer is get a job like they have and stop asking for hand outs and be pround u are native. Just my 2 cents

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I had a dollar for every Newfie joke I've heard since I've moved to Alberta. But most are funny.

For the same reason I have to listen to Ukrainian jokes............because they are funny.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Last edited:

bbecker17

Reaction score
just read through all 46 pages and came to a few conclusions,

never wanna read this much again all at once

dont know why anyone would jab a racist remark in knowing full well that nothing will come from it other than sidetrack the thread

some people really do have good points and suggestions throughout the thread

cannot remember who suggested it but the 5-10 year plan to train and and teach first nations on a career or trade and then after the ten years stop funding sounds like the most realistic process of ending this

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just read through all 46 pages and came to a few conclusions,

never wanna read this much again all at once

dont know why anyone would jab a racist remark in knowing full well that nothing will come from it other than sidetrack the thread

some people really do have good points and suggestions throughout the thread

cannot remember who suggested it but the 5-10 year plan to train and and teach first nations on a career or trade and then after the ten years stop funding sounds like the most realistic process of ending this
They've had free education for 100 years....screw 'em.

New movement: ALSO Idle No More. We will no longer sit by and be idle while our tax money is used to support those who do not want to help themselves. This means natives, drunks, addicts, occupy a-holes, and anyone else who had decided they are above earning a living like the rest of us.

bourgon

Reaction score
How is it a proud race drive through a reserve now that is pride! Jokes are only funny cuz they are true! I have grown up around natives employed natives worked with natives and my experiences with them was not the best for the most part! I find that they are the racist ones, can't tell you how many times I HAVE been called fing white bread, honky, and then beat up dynamic 4-10 natives at a time cuz I am white! When I was a kid I went in to iga and saw a family of natives 5 of them ranging from 14-65 passing a bottle of mouth wash back and forth out front, walked in looked in shock and one said what the f you looking at! I was 10! I am not saying they are all bad but most from what I HAVE seen! A race of people are not hated cuz of their skin is taned or not it is cuz what they do as a hole!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am silent no more.

Road blocks? Train blocks? WTF are these idiots thinking? Talk about biting the hand that feeds. Talk about pokin' the bear. They're going to get a result alright....and they aren't going to like it.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They've had free education for 100 years....screw 'em.

New movement: ALSO Idle No More. We will no longer sit by and be idle while our tax money is used to support those who do not want to help themselves. This means natives, drunks, addicts, occupy a-holes, and anyone else who had decided they are above earning a living like the rest of us.

Do your kids go to a private school? If not then my tax dollars are also giving your kids a free education. And if your talking about post secondary most kids going get a loan or funding. Also in reality how many natives do you see at a post secondary institution.

Remoth

Reaction score
You know why natives are painted with such a broad brush? Because the ones who do good and have jobs and lead good lives are indistinguishable from the rest of society! That's how it should be! There should be no such thing as natives, Asians, blacks, etc. just "Canadians"!!! It's the ones that act out of the normalcy that is society that give natives their bad name. I know plenty of hard working (though not the brightest people I know, lol) natives, but don't think of them as such. I think of them as people!

I drive through reserves all of the time in the gas industry and they are disturbing to say the least. Burnt new vehicles in the bush, dilapidated old trailers with graffiti and three brand new trucks outside, kids standing in the middle of the road with sticks dragging them across our work trucks as we go by, water supply shacks with the doors "peeled" open to get the coins out of them, hole in the ground 2 minutes outside of the residential area full of garbage, etc. These are people who deserve to be cut off and get nothing to bring them back to reality (like drug addicts). I couldn't care less if they are natives or not, they do not deserve what they get and should smarten the hell up!

It doesn't matter what race you call yourself, if you are in Canada, you are in the same Canada as everyone else and should be treated the same as everyone else. No special treatment because of historic events or someone you aren't even related to got mistreated.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know why natives are painted with such a broad brush? Because the ones who do good and have jobs and lead good lives are indistinguishable from the rest of society! That's how it should be! There should be no such thing as natives, Asians, blacks, etc. just "Canadians"!!! It's the ones that act out of the normalcy that is society that give natives their bad name. I know plenty of hard working (though not the brightest people I know, lol) natives, but don't think of them as such. I think of them as people!

I drive through reserves all of the time in the gas industry and they are disturbing to say the least. Burnt new vehicles in the bush, dilapidated old trailers with graffiti and three brand new trucks outside, kids standing in the middle of the road with sticks dragging them across our work trucks as we go by, water supply shacks with the doors "peeled" open to get the coins out of them, hole in the ground 2 minutes outside of the residential area full of garbage, etc. These are people who deserve to be cut off and get nothing to bring them back to reality (like drug addicts). I couldn't care less if they are natives or not, they do not deserve what they get and should smarten the hell up!

It doesn't matter what race you call yourself, if you are in Canada, you are in the same Canada as everyone else and should be treated the same as everyone else. No special treatment because of historic events or someone you aren't even related to got mistreated.

I see that same stuff here in the city. And yes my dad did get whipped when he spoke cree in the residential school he went to. And there are a lot of cultures that get special treatment for what has happened in the pass.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soon , there will be someone shot or killed (oka ?) and idle no more will be over......Sadly, that looks like what it will take.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a read

Interesting read.....although without direct quotes from the legislation it's little more than someones opinion/interpretation....as is most of what we read in the media these days

Here's a little bit different perspective copied from the Globe and Mail.

Canada's " Natives " Globe & Mail comment
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Canada's First Nations Debate - Globe & Mail.

Now this could stir up a bit of a debate...but it is food for thoughts regarding comments from a reader in the Globe and Mail. It's a short history lesson on natives.

This land does NOT belong to them. Why do some people keep saying that it does? Is it because that's what they want you to believe? Well then the marketing campaign must be working.

Let's get this straight...

1. These people's ancestors did not just appear in North America magically out of thin air one day 50,000 years ago. They came in waves across the land/ice bridge from Asia. What's more these waves, in many cases, were not related groups of people. They came from various places around North Eastern Asia and were from different genetic strains....in other words the natives of North America are not a homogenous group of people and more importantly.... They are immigrants too, like millions of immigrants today.

2. The idea that the "natives" were peaceful caretakers of the land or benevolent tenants couldn't be further from the truth. The various tribes warred on each other constantly. They were violent. Want proof? Ask the Huron's...oh that's right you can't. The Iroquois wiped them out. How about slavery that was rife among the first nation tribes until the Europeans came over and freed the slaves and put an end to this "valued cultural tradition"? Is slavery peaceful and humane?

3. The idea that we "stole" this land from them is also ridiculous. A more technologically advanced and larger culture invaded and conquered. This is exactly what has been happening since the dawn of humanity all around the globe. To say we "stole" their lands is just plain wrong. That is akin to saying the Saxons should return England to the Angles. Or maybe we should launch a campaign to have Roman descendants give Italy back to the Etruscans.

It is a nonsensical notion driven by the politically correct bleeding hearts on the left and some intellectually deficient liberals, and it will continue to cost this country needless and wasted billions and billions until we get some backbone and turn off the taps.

Are these people in trouble? Yes. Do they need help? Yes. Are they responsible enough to look after themselves and efficiently spend the billions the tax payers give them? Certainly not.

The only way to fix this situation is to bring them into society as equals. They should be getting jobs and paying taxes like the rest of us because in reality, they are no more special than any of the other hundred or more cultures that call Canada home.

Turn off the taps. Do away with this "traditional use" and "cultural" nonsense. Educate their children to become modern citizens, instead of finding their identity and source of pride in some folks who occupied the land 15000 years ago. Let them stand or fall on their own account.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also in reality how many natives do you see at a post secondary institution.

Very few. Why is that? I would have LOVED to not pay tuition for my post secondary education.

Natives have been given extra opportunities, but they don't seem to want to take them for whatever reason, unless it comes in the form of a cash handout. Or so it appears to the general public.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That link should be required reading for anyone before they spout off. It is a beautifully written piece, and actually not one-sided propoganda.

As a lawyer, I forget that what I find easy, reading and interpreting legislation, the overwhelming majority of people find almost impossible to decipher. the Harper Government has not helped by it's "American style" of legislating by putting everything in omnibus bills. By packaging legislation together (these changes with the budget), the context is lost and legislation mis-interpreted.

This quote for me sums it all up. As I said in a previous post - just follow the money:

It seems that Shawn Atleo, the leader of the Association of First Nations is also using the IDLE NO MORE for his own political agenda. Chief Atleo is an educated man. He knows what the legislation means but he is not informing the FN communities of the truth. It is unconscionable for Atleo to promote and encourage protests in shopping malls and blockades of rail lines and highways for his political aggrandizement. It appears he is more interested in trying to force the federal government to only negotiate with him and the Assembly of First Nations than having it respond to the requests of individual First Nations’ bands, even when those requests might actually improve conditions on reserves.

Last edited:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad us whiteys had to come along and wreck everything . Harper chits in our lakes and rivers he dont care!!! someone needs to stand up to that idiot to bad us whiteys are to scared too

How much dope do you actually smoke in a day?

Oh ya - I would engage in a war of wits with you - but you would come to the battle unarmed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom