860xp vs m1000

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm wondering how a well set up 860/880 bb xp stacks up against a well set up m1000 with basic mods (pipes, fuel commander, clutching) the ones running in the 190hp range. I haven't come across any bb xp's up here but ridden with some pretty impressive m1000's - I rode a non piped 08 m1000 pulling a pretty honest 10mph+ track speed over my stock 146 xp. Heard many dud xp bb stories so don't care to hear about those but how do the ones that run well compare against the cat. Thx.

evan3000

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a rkt 860 174 xp and one of his ridding partners had a m1000 174 with all the goodies. I was told it was really close between the two, but this year that poor cat wont stand a chance! lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the chassis's are so differnet,, what style of riding do you do?

pull n chutes straight up, or bang n threw the tree's,, some air?

I would say all around that doo is the way to go but I am bias a bit...I like the lighter machines... and if you can outride your buds your machine will look best:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good pizzing match against an '09 M1 160-something with controller, pipe, can and clutching with a bone stock rental '09 154" XP, they were very close straight up climbing, with the highmark going to the M1 by a mere sled length or two. with a bb kit on the XP I think it would have went the other way.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the chassis's are so differnet,, what style of riding do you do?

pull n chutes straight up, or bang n threw the tree's,, some air?

I would say all around that doo is the way to go but I am bias a bit...I like the lighter machines... and if you can outride your buds your machine will look best:beer:

I ride a bit of everything moreso drops and trees than just pulling hills. I was trying to gauge the benefit of the bb using the m1000 as a benchmark. I am a doo guy too and will stick with the xp for the lighter weight and riding style. If the bb can pull with a well set up m1000 than i will be pretty happy with it. Thx for the info.:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a bit of everything moreso drops and trees than just pulling hills. I was trying to gauge the benefit of the bb using the m1000 as a benchmark. I am a doo guy too and will stick with the xp for the lighter weight and riding style. If the bb can pull with a well set up m1000 than i will be pretty happy with it. Thx for the info.:beer:

I would think you are corect,, the BB adds a nice HP gain with some tourge as well,,, I would love to BB mine one day as well.... damn money lol:beer:

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a good working bb xp would probably run down a m-1. I am not too sure how a m -1 with a pipe and some mods would compare. My 07 800 with an slp kit would go mark for mark with a good working stock m-1 with the rider on the m being around 50 pounds lighter. Track lengths were both 162. I think a good working m-1 with some mods and a good working 860 would be a pretty interesting matchup.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hagmanmod1's 860 would easily take an 1liter cat with the common mods, I would think a stock XP with the 860 would be pretty close match with XP being a nicer ride boondocking. I ride neither so not a bias opinion lol:d

Slammer85

Reaction score
I ride an M1000 with pipe,reeds,airbox,fuel controller and cold fusion nitrous and my buddy I ride with has an 860 rktek kit with boondocker nitrous in a xp. Before I got my nitrous I would out climb him by about 30 to 40 feet now that I've got the nitrous it should smoke his ass even more!!! He'll even admit it. He just likes the xp chassis and I like cats. It's all what a guy prefers.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an M1000 with pipe,reeds,airbox,fuel controller and cold fusion nitrous and my buddy I ride with has an 860 rktek kit with boondocker nitrous in a xp. Before I got my nitrous I would out climb him by about 30 to 40 feet now that I've got the nitrous it should smoke his ass even more!!! He'll even admit it. He just likes the xp chassis and I like cats. It's all what a guy prefers.

haaa I was waiting for a cat guy.... lol just bugging I totaly agree it all comes down to preferance for sure,, they all have their thing...

I want a 860 with nos,, Im jealous lol

Top Bottom