589`s or mudzilla`s

andrew2500

Reaction score
ive been running the27inch 589 for one season now and love them i just picked up a set of 26inch mudzillas havnt put them on yet but are they better or worse then what i have by looking at them they both have pros and cons anybody experience with both tires ? need to sell one what would you keep

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, depends on the type of terrain your ride. Mudzilla's are a "mud" tire, where the 589's tend to be a little more friendly in the trail aspect.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had mudzillas on my old 450 honda and they would chew up every mud hole i went up to even some where 800 canam were getting stuck,never had 589's but they are more trail frinedly from what i have been told.

andrew2500

Reaction score
Yea I do have the factory tires and rims so when I go trail riding I can just throw those on the mudzillas are pretty meaty I think I have a better chance on breaking somthing with those

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to run something meaty like the them be smart low range is your friend and a clutch kit is helpfull.when in the deep mud use low and you will porbaly be fine,with the sportsman you will likey need wheel spacers to get them to fit as well

Cheapshot

Reaction score
Website
stxscr.proboards30.com
I don't have much experience personally with either, my buddy has had tons of miles on both on his Rubicon. He had a full set of 26" Mud Lites, they chewed good in the mud, seemed to work well, but he wasn't a huge fan because he got a couple of really cheesy flats with them, and he lost all confidence in them. Then he got a set of 589s, apparently comparable in the mud, but way stronger tire, longer lasting, more trail friendly but are quite a bit heavier apparently...

CATintheSCAT

Reaction score
I have 26" 589's on my 800 x2 and they are very heavy and I do lose about 20% of my top end speed.....they are very tough and in 1000 miles the tread depth haven't changed much at all. They do wander a bit on loose gravel but are great in snow and mud and decent in all other conditions.

cmfic1

Reaction score
Heres a good link for tire comparisons.

Note on the right side, the most popular sales for last 2 yrs has been the Interco Swamp-lites....I run them on my Rhino & mamas quad, and will likely never change.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a good link for tire comparisons.

Note on the right side, the most popular sales for last 2 yrs has been the Interco Swamp-lites....I run them on my Rhino & mamas quad, and will likely never change.

Your link is bad

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
i got my self a set of 27 inch silverbacks. they bite hard in the mud and i dont think they are that bad on the trail kinda heavy but wat i dont like is how they seem to be wearin out kinda fast if you ride on alot of hard packed ground because of the tread. my dad has the 589's they are a pretty desent tire i havnt herd any thing great about the mudzillas id stick with your 589's and for serious mud go with outlaws or backs i dont know if this helped just my opinion :)

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
I run 26" Mudzillas on my Rubicon and I love them. They are heavy and if you mostly trail ride they are kinda rough at low speeds. They wear really well, and are a very tough tire, but again if you don't do a lot of serious mud riding then the 589s are probably the way to stay.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here's my 2 cents, between my son on an 06 660 with mudzillas, Steve on his 800, and me on my 660 we have approx. 8000 km and one broken axle running Mudzillas. We have to be carefull because of the damage you can do with the big rubber, but between the dozen guys we ride with, the guys that don't run the big rubber are on the side lines watching us go hard. The comment is, the only reason you guys can do the things you do is the tires, my answer, go buy the tires and come and join the fun.

See you on the trails
Don:flagca:

Attachments

• P5090435 [1280x768].jpg
    P5090435 [1280x768].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom