21 850 turbo fuel caddy

Carbondeath

Reaction score
I have a 21 165 turbo coming and was wondering what fuel caddy I should run. I was thinking about going with the larger brp 3.8 gallon stackable can as I hear these sleds can burn a lot of fuel on deep days. Is there any disadvantages to the larger caddy over the smaller one other than the price increase?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larger one is stackable if that interests you. Most arent

Last edited:

big_red1a

Reaction score
Get the big one! Stackable and we can run it outa fuel on a deep day/long ride with an NA 850.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the big one, and then the oil caddy with gas on top for deep days or long rides.
Shorter stuff where I know I won't burn a full tank I just take the oil caddy. Always like to have a little fuel with me.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little fuel can is 5 liters what a joke. Good for making a fire i guess.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 5 litre can must be for the booze to go in
Back in the 90s [bottle of cheap vodka was $6 bux in Grantsburg WI] when we were in the IwA watercross circuit, in the evenings going into the town and party. I'd bring my 2 gallon wedco gas can, walk into the bar and put it on the counter. Look at the bartender and point up to the bottle of vodka on the shelf and say....
He're's $10 bux for that bottle of vodka, please make me this can full of screwdriver.
And throw $10 on the counter "and here's your tip"
...worked every time. And then grab a handful of cups and head straight to a flock of hot biscuits.
I'll tell ya right now, that trick, carrying a red gas can with a sawed off yellow spout sticking out, a big smile on my face and a handful of cups, walking towards hot biscuits, got their attention and... "broke the ice" every...every time! HAHA:D
....and the best line was "Hi, Im Joe from Canada, howmy doon so far?"

Anyhoo....
Turbo fuel consumption.
I have a natural 850. A guy in my riding group bought the 850T that i turned down.
Down here at 900~1450 feet. We'll go out for the day and i'll burn through my tank right to the dash alarm and then dig into the big LinQ can and be nearly on empty by the time we get out. I'll get 80~95kms and i've used all that gas.
....AND....
...so does James on his turbo 165 x 3.0, run out of his tank and dig into his LinQ can.

I guess what im saying is; dont be surprised that you Turbo owners use 2x the fuel your non-turbo buddies use "at elevations". hahaha. That's what im making for an edgeimicated guesstimate on turbo fuel consumption with my kit anyway.

Like when i was in Revelstoke the last time, i averaged $14 bux / day 6500 feet is 132hp. But not here at 160+hp in N.Ont. When you got 160+hp, you use it.....LOTS

hahaha

Last edited:

02sedona

Reaction score
Does the bigger gas can get in the way when riding? I have the 3 gallon gas can and it seems to be small enough to not get kicked too often when riding.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 2 big cans and stack them if its deep! Couldn't believe the amount of fuel you would go through on deep days. Had one day last year was done tank and can by noon. Best turbo machine I've ever ridden and have had a few but it loves its fuel. I believe it's because the higher boost machines don't allow the average rider enough time wide open throttle. Mostly just brapping in trees and pull hills so quick you don't really work them. This setup is still manageable power to keep wfo all day. At least that's my theory on why they are so thursty.

Top Bottom