2024 Polaris

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once skidoo gets this mystical handling thing figured out by by polaris thats the only thing y'all are hanging onto LOL

cant see it happening though, dont really think they want to go back to the ZX chassis

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
l know one Guy maybe two that will be on N/A next year after a season on G5 turbo.

i will admit, its a handfull. Kind of like a crazy redhead. If you have the strength and stamina to tame the beast it will be the ride of your life. But for some maybe older, smaller folks i could see it being a bit much.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will admit, its a handfull. Kind of like a crazy redhead. If you have the strength and stamina to tame the beast it will be the ride of your life. But for some maybe older, smaller folks i could see it being a bit much.
So your saying its a bit much for you ? :ROFLMAO:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMFG, stupid melodrama on this forum all the time. Like you pussies have no idea what riding a crazy sled is about. "Tame the Beast it will be the ride of your life" LMAO - maybe you guys should put that on some t-shirts so you can wear them when you go out together to get your nails done. The sleds today are kittens. Thanks to SHOT start, you guys are so weak your little skinny arms couldn't even pull over a 1000cc+ engine, let alone hang onto it. Talk to me when your balls drop. :LOL:

1725.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMFG, stupid melodrama on this forum all the time. Like you pussies have no idea what riding a crazy sled is about. "Tame the Beast it will be the ride of your life" LMAO - maybe you guys should put that on some t-shirts so you can wear them when you go out together to get your nails done. The sleds today are kittens. Thanks to SHOT start, you guys are so weak your little skinny arms couldn't even pull over a 1000cc+ engine, let alone hang onto it. Talk to me when your balls drop. :LOL:

View attachment 268414

I understand what your saying, obviously this isnt the first time 190hp has been acheived at elevation. The difference between the sled in your photo and the G5 is you don't ride that sled sideways through the bush, do a 360 on the spot 15 times before arriving at your destination. There are alot more G forces involved with the way these kids are riding today.

anyone can hang on to a 200hp sled and go straight up a hill.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, obviously this isnt the first time 190hp has been acheived at elevation. The difference between the sled in your photo and the G5 is you don't ride that sled sideways through the bush, do a 360 on the spot 15 times before arriving at your destination. There are alot more G forces involved with the way these kids are riding today.

anyone can hang on to a 200hp sled and go straight up a hill.
LOL I was just having some fun with ya dude.....but for the record....way more than 190 HP....:ROFLMAO:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 268414

Its all the soy in food these days.

20 year old in 2023 has less testosterone than a 80 year old in 1950

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what were those huge triples putting out anyway? north of 250?
Most watercraft based 1200cc sized ones were in the 225-250. The really big ones, 1500 cc + were typically around 300 on the dyno, so yes realistically about 250+ on the hill. That pic above is a 1725 Cutler, Dale says it makes about 325 (corrected at 6000 ft altitude) with spray.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are young guys in good shape,they thought they would perform close to aftermarket turbo’s but fell short.Different power deliver between turbo&N/A with each excelling in different types of terrain and conditions.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that guy videoing must have had Parkinson’s disease…surprised he didn’t drop his Blackberry…
to be fair, he was likely in shock that a big bore triple ran WFO that long without melting the center piston into yogurt....

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those old mods sleds were pretty cool to look at or watch run, but not a lot of fun if it was your riding partner or your wallet. I cant recall one video of them ripping though powder, or even running in months other than April or May. Listening to your buddy yap all winter about how awesome his sleds is going to be, only to burn up before the cabin. Or if it did make the alpine, it runs like crap for the first 3 years. Crazy how much time and money went into those sleds getting them to work good. BUUUUT, when they did work, they ripped. Like until Baker modded the first RX1. Then there just wasn't anything you could do with a 2 stroke to compete.

Sooo everyone said to hell with hill climbing, lets hit the trees. I may have missed a few steps due to D&A, but that's what I recall.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those old mods sleds were pretty cool to look at or watch run, but not a lot of fun if it was your riding partner or your wallet. I cant recall one video of them ripping though powder, or even running in months other than April or May. Listening to your buddy yap all winter about how awesome his sleds is going to be, only to burn up before the cabin. Or if it did make the alpine, it runs like crap for the first 3 years. Crazy how much time and money went into those sleds getting them to work good. BUUUUT, when they did work, they ripped. Like until Baker modded the first RX1. Then there just wasn't anything you could do with a 2 stroke to compete.

Sooo everyone said to hell with hill climbing, lets hit the trees. I may have missed a few steps due to D&A, but that's what I recall.
I had great success running a Mod 488 Fan Cooled ( don’t laugh that thing seen some amazing country) from 1993-2004 that Jim Kuster ported,had high compression,over sized carbs and ran premix race gas.It was only on a rope once in that time which was my own fault.On one occasion I held it full throttle for 8km in deep powder with ground speed approx 5-15 mph🤓We rode Dec-April with a lot of tree riding.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the 9R that much better then a properly clutched and geared 850? A person could invest the extra $$$ into the 850 for the price difference.
I'm sure it is some better but this is exactly why I ordered a Boost. I already have a geared and clutched 850 and did not want 2 sleds that were too similar. If I could have only one sled it would be the 9R.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally, its definitely the best bang for your buck all around machine
No G5 for me untiil they skinny up and get vertical steering. I'm sure I can get used to the steering but when I think of how my buddies G5T augered in the snow this Spring, compared to my Polaris, I would have to give up Spring riding all together.

Top Bottom