2024 Polaris

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, well was not expecting that reaction over a photo…guess no one wanted to talk about it.
Doo guys welcome the Polaris guys in the doo threads.

Anyway, Now does anyone have a line on a 9r polaris engine, Mader is still looking for one, and a pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cats-fighting-fighting-cats.gif

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the 9R that much better then a properly clutched and geared 850? A person could invest the extra $$$ into the 850 for the price difference.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris makes an 850 also..... They are pretty close from what I've seen. You'd save some $$ with the 850 forsure.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the 9R that much better then a properly clutched and geared 850? A person could invest the extra $$$ into the 850 for the price difference.
Honestly, I think a proper clutched/geared 850 would give the 9R a run, but would it run with a proper clutched/geared 9R? It was in the trees where the 9R really did shine over the 850… That being said, although there’s not been to many 9R engine failures, I think the jury is still out… and besides, the 9R is terribly over priced… actually they all are these days.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The 9r is a pretty hefty premium over the 850. I’m 250lbs and need the 9r because I refuse to buy a turbo. A properly clutched 850 is really good and has an extra year of warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9r is a pretty hefty premium over the 850. I’m 250lbs and need the 9r because I refuse to buy a turbo. A properly clutched 850 is really good and has an extra year of warranty.

i think you should buy a turbo and force yourself to use it for a season. And then report back how much you hate it

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think a proper clutched/geared 850 would give the 9R a run, but would it run with a proper clutched/geared 9R? It was in the trees where the 9R really did shine over the 850… That being said, although there’s not been to many 9R engine failures, I think the jury is still out… and besides, the 9R is terribly over priced… actually they all are these days.
It seems that in 2023 the sleds should be clutched/geared spot on,there not trail sleds that were converted for mountain sleds like the old days.Are they achieving noticeable gains with the changes?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems that in 2023 the sleds should be clutched/geared spot on,there not trail sleds that were converted for mountain sleds like the old days.Are they achieving noticeable gains with the changes?
There tends to be some gain with gearing and or clutching from factory…. Although the Polaris Q2 gear down seems to be a pretty good mountain gear ratio.. I personally don’t change much unless it’s obvious that there’s a need, like the 9R this year.. everyone I seen, mine included, was seriously over revving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom