2024 Ski Doo

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t that be done through GPS like find my friends on our iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not without a subscription service. you can receive position data on GPS satellites for free however you can NOT transmit data for free. So yes, it could be done that way but it would have to be a monthly subscription similar to zoleo or inraech. Except that still wouldnt work because you would need to receive thousands of positions per ride. Not feasible. The lag would also be really bad. Radio is the only solution that i can think of being in the GPS industry for 20+ years

Find my friends on your iPhone still uses the cell phone service data to receive the position of the device you are trying to find.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not without a subscription service. you can receive position data on GPS satellites for free however you can NOT transmit data for free. So yes, it could be done that way but it would have to be a monthly subscription similar to zoleo or inraech. Except that still wouldnt work because you would need to receive thousands of positions per ride. Not feasible. The lag would also be really bad. Radio is the only solution that i can think of being in the GPS industry for 20+ years

Find my friends on your iPhone still uses the cell phone service data to receive the position of the device you are trying to find.

I can transmit my location on my iphone 14 for free via find my friends. It works pretty slick.
I see what you mean on the lag tho. Maybe that module will also have a transmitter? it better for the price I seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this should clarify what they meant

Screenshot_20230221_113701_Chrome.jpg

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garmin, and Trail tech both have separate antennae's for buddy tracking.

H-D

Reaction score
The supercharger will be for next years electric model. LOL

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
updates will come as it will be worked on till new sleds are built.....a timeline i can not give you.

Is that embedded map module going to be available? There was no mention of a upgrade to the 10.25 gauge for 2024.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda funny to use the DS4 ski that has more ski forward of the spindle bolt but yet use the new spindle that brings the bolt back 3mm?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So am i reading the literature properly?

850 Turbo R - 180hp
850 Turbo R w/meth - 180hp consistently

i feel like skidoo is insinuating that the regular 850T can make 180 but doubtful you see it unless this is optimum conditions...

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

850 Turbo R - 180hp

i feel like skidoo is insinuating that the regular 850T can make 180 but doubtful you see it unless this is optimum conditions...
You probably never hold it pinned for more than several seconds. Likely starts fading after 20-30 seconds but trying that while mountain riding is not common or easy to do. When you back out and the boost drops the air temp after the turbo will drop too and cool the components. Ready for the next burst of power.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

850 Turbo R - 180hp

sounds like it is heatsoaking at low elevation on successive lake run passes and pulling timing. Don't think the meth is offered for the mountain sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like it is heatsoaking at low elevation on successive lake run passes and pulling timing. Don't think the meth is offered for the mountain sled.

not yet but be pretty cool if it made its way into the mountain segment as an option...if it did anything of course

im more interested in getting the Boost launch feature in the mountian segment, sure would be handy getting out of some pickles i get myself into. ITs offered in the turbo 2 strokes now

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are they spraying the water/meth at? Its most effective just downstream of the turbo. Water/meth in the bottom of a 2stroke is bad news not to mention washing oil on cylinder walls. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Top Bottom