2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats best bang for buck order a 858 or buy a leftover 600 and turbo it? Honestly just curious
Sledneck_11 if u truly want a cat “yes” sc the 858 … the 600 with 7lbs spring (don’t get this confused with absolute) runs with stock T G5 - 154 vs 154.
Now many bolt on shops don’t understand this as it’s evident by their posts on this site.
1 Bar = 1000 Millibar = 14.5038 Psi (14.5 for short)
1 Atmosphere = 1013 mbar = 14.6923 Psi (14.7 for short)
From here you can do the math
See chart as this is accurate …. Math doesn’t lie… but people do.
There is a lot more to this … I’m no expert but I like data and facts.
The 858 is an ok price point - but then if you want boost pick your poison and have fun as it depends on your pocket book.
But I think the 858 will be an animal on boost
My personal opinion “I don’t like the stiffness of catalyst steering “

076BEFF2-94D9-4906-933B-9757267E1612.jpeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledneck_11 if u truly want a cat “yes” sc the 858 … the 600 with 7lbs spring (don’t get this confused with absolute) runs with stock T G5 - 154 vs 154.
Now many bolt on shops don’t understand this as it’s evident by their posts on this site.
1 Bar = 1000 Millibar = 14.5038 Psi (14.5 for short)
1 Atmosphere = 1013 mbar = 14.6923 Psi (14.7 for short)
From here you can do the math
See chart as this is accurate …. Math doesn’t lie… but people do.
There is a lot more to this … I’m no expert but I like data and facts.
The 858 is an ok price point - but then if you want boost pick your poison and have fun as it depends on your pocket book.
But I think the 858 will be an animal on boost
My personal opinion “I don’t like the stiffness of catalyst steering “

View attachment 281066
If you buy a catalyst for more money you can buy a lay down steering post. The holes are there in 2024 to run either option as the trail sled runs it stock. ride them in the show room and hop across.

Helped a guy throw one in his catylast this season.i really wish the steering post and twin rails were on the snow check option. I’ve never ridden an alpha but I know which steering post I prefer.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seized, he came to my Kids birthday party Saturday and figured the crank piled. I’ll pm you when he figures it out. My brother in law also lost a crank bearing on his 22 summit turbo last spring. I was headed over to pick him up and he had it idling in front of his shop and it locked up. Didn’t get an engine for 3 months. Brp didn’t seem worried about his spring riding.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seized, he came to my Kids birthday party Saturday and figured the crank piled. I’ll pm you when he figures it out. My brother in law also lost a crank bearing on his 22 summit turbo last spring. I was headed over to pick him up and he had it idling in front of his shop and it locked up. Didn’t get an engine for 3 months. Brp didn’t seem worried about his spring riding.
My dealer told me the PTO main bearing is the Achilles heel of the T850. The metal cage separating the rollers fails.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me the PTO main bearing is the Achilles heel of the T850. The metal cage separating the rollers fails.
In my miain riding group there is 5 lynx/Skidoo 850 turbos. Two have gone down. All the sleds combined have less than
10 000 km. There all worried except for the welders to run it with out warranty of some sort on them.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my miain riding group there is 5 lynx/Skidoo 850 turbos. Two have gone down. All the sleds combined have less than
10 000 km. There all worried except for the welders to run it with out warranty of some sort on them.
Wheres Max......... he will tell you how good the Ski Doo is for 35K, a sled that can not even DOO 2500 km before it BLOWS UP LMAO:LOL::ROFLMAO:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheres Max......... he will tell you how good the Ski Doo is for 35K, a sled that can not even DOO 2500 km before it BLOWS UP LMAO:LOL::ROFLMAO:

They are all junk. The skidoo is less junky. I would run one to 5000km but that would be it for this guy then I’m out. We take care of our stuff and have no issues getting good life out of them. They are 26k not sure what the 35k is about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled this review off a different forum.

“I was able to ride the 858 sleds a week ago. Our Cat rep met a group of us up Logan canyon. We were able to ride them for about 2 hours. We rode a 165" mountain cat, 165" sno pro and a 154" mountain cat. They all had the 3" tracks, the rep told us that the machines were from the original media ride in west Yellowstone and had been re flashed about 40 times. The engineers are busy making fuel and clutching changes before production starts. I was excited to ride the sleds in the conditions and area we know pretty well. The trail had been groomed recently and the corners had some bumps. The sno pro was very smooth down the trail, my personal sled is a 2019 154 Alpha. I never could dream about hitting the corners as fast as I was. The catalyst is planted in the corners, and feels like a dual rail hitting the bumps on the straights. The 165" tack was smooth over the bumps where in the past I have felt the slap of the longer rail. The whole time climbing we never switched the shocks from #1. I was able to ride the 600 sleds last spring in island park with Cat. The 858 is not as light feeling on the snow. We had 2 600's with us a 3" and 2.6 154. Everyone that rode the 858 said the same thing, it felt heavier. The 600 is almost too easy to ride in the trees. I find my self riding wrong foot forward not because it needs it to side hill, its to keep me from over compensating. The 858 you can ride neutral and just look and lean your weight. The power feels great in all ranges, I felt like the bottom end is awesome, but hopefully will be better in the fall. You can defiantly feel the longer legs of the engine compared to the 800. The 858 is going to give any na sled a run for there money next year. I know snowest does not think so, but I'm pretty positive it will beat a 9R. Excited for next season”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant wait for a battle of the bottom of the hill with the new 858 Cat and the 9R Next season. Who can conquer the first 1/4 of the slope? who will be the winner? The 9R with the new 3.25 will still beat that 858 in the deep

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant wait for a battle of the bottom of the hill with the new 858 Cat and the 9R Next season. Who can conquer the first 1/4 of the slope? who will be the winner? The 9R with the new 3.25 will still beat that 858 in the deep
9r won’t touch the 175 858 twin rail…

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnoWest’s revised reviews he said the new calibrations felt like the 858 is closer to the 9r then the NA 850’s. He also mentioned in the revised review the machine didn’t have electric start where the first one did and the sled’s weight felt much more like the 600.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SnoWest’s revised reviews he said the new calibrations felt like the 858 is closer to the 9r then the NA 850’s. He also mentioned in the revised review the machine didn’t have electric start where the first one did and the sled’s weight felt much more like the 600.
Historically the 600 cats have been heavier than the 800s. Curious if that's still the case or not on the catalyst.

Top Bottom