2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive rode all over BC. Different mountain isnt going to make a difference...
I get it, my wife will take it or leave it now.
I've done 100 plus seasons with Chad Rebec back in the day, all over BC, Yukon and Alaska but not anymore.
Age and knowing key zones here keeps me more grounded. I still log in 30-40+ rides depending on the year, this year coming a lot short but may hit 20 or so rides.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get it, my wife will take it or leave it now.
I've done 100 plus seasons with Chad Rebec back in the day, all over BC, Yukon and Alaska but not anymore.
Age and knowing key zones here keeps me more grounded. I still log in 30-40+ rides depending on the year, this year coming a lot short but may hit 20 or so rides.

I still like to ride sleds some times, im sure Greztky still likes to play hockey some times too. But he aint playing for the oilers any more and sledding doesnt pay worth a chit any ways. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of these 858's will race at Jackson Hole
They will probably have to ride in mod classes. Isn’t there a 500 build rule to race stock classes? They won’t win any classes Curtis is in. I don’t think his skills have diminished much this year and he will clean up again.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Catalyst handles like a sledgehammer with the weight on the ground and the handle up. Move it side to side and feel how easy it is to move. Now turn the sledgehammer upside down with the handle down and hang onto the steel part. Now move it make and forth. Which is easier? The catalyst has the lowest center of gravity of any production sled ever produced.
You sound like an Arctic Cat salesman here.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still like to ride sleds some times, im sure Greztky still likes to play hockey some times too. But he aint playing for the oilers any more and sledding doesnt pay worth a chit any ways. Lol
I generally ride 3 days a week, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or I'll switch Friday for Monday. From January to April, starting New Years day till mid April. Also generally do 2 major road trips, one to Valemount/McBride as a TOURIST LOL to ride with friends from Hinton and another to Pemberton to ride the fields.
It always adds up to 30-40 rides depending on the season, this year sucks and I was out with injury for over a month.
I guess I was born with a sled on my ass.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I generally ride 3 days a week, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or I'll switch Friday for Monday. From January to April, starting New Years day till mid April. Also generally do 2 major road trips, one to Valemount/McBride as a TOURIST LOL to ride with friends from Hinton and another to Pemberton to ride the fields.
It always adds up to 30-40 rides depending on the season, this year sucks and I was out with injury for over a month.
I guess I was born with a sled on my ass.

Beside this year ive got lots of sledding done for 30 years. When im older and retired might do some more 100day seasons too.

But if someone only rides 1 day a year thats fine too. Who cares, do you.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beside this year ive got lots of sledding done for 30 years. When im older and retired might do some more 100day seasons too.

But if someone only rides 1 day a year thats fine too. Who cares, do you.
Absolutely not, in fact I ride a lot with guys that can only get a few rides a season. I've been there at times and appreciated it when I got out. Thus why I adjust and ride style, (me mentally) according to who I ride with.
At the end of a ride I always show my appreciation for ME tagging along.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are on the big pig now, so can't be to much of a factor....
True, but is your Sidewinder really a Sidewinder? imo nope.
About 45lbs difference between a G5 175 turbo and my Winder, but not much is OE Winder about it, it has its roots from a Sidewinder though.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can never wrap my head around this handling thing. The best handling sled is the one you spend the most time on. they all have tracks, skis, engines and tTwo clutches. the rest is on the operator
100%. I think there are too many people watching videos and thinking they can ride. Then hop on a sled with a bunch of HP and no talent. Then blame the sled. There are truly not many people that can actually ride a 180hp sled to its potential. Buddy ditching his (2) turbos after a quick spin on a 600 cat?????????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%. I think there are too many people watching videos and thinking they can ride. Then hop on a sled with a bunch of HP and no talent. Then blame the sled. There are truly not many people that can actually ride a 180hp sled to its potential. Buddy ditching his (2) turbos after a quick spin on a 600 cat?????????

the other thing is i find the cat and polaris are "similar" a guy that rides either one can jump back and forth fairly easily. The skidoo you need to give it some more time to figure out your body positions to make it do the same things. And vise versa, if you only know skidoo your going to need some serious seat time on a cat or polaris to feel comfortable

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume you mean my buddy about ditching the turbos.
He rides very well, he's a 30+ day a year expert level rider for years. Tight trees, bow ties, re entries, all the current cool ch!t technical moves. In his words the catalyst is way less work to ride than the boost which is less work to ride than the G5.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He rides very well, he's a 30+ day a year expert level rider for years. Tight trees, bow ties, re entries, all the current cool ch!t technical moves. In his words the catalyst is way less work to ride than the boost which is less work to ride than the G5.
Ya, to me it seems crazy. But to each their own.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe. I could see it being easier. Riding wide-open on a low power Sled is easier on the body than throttle chopping and yanking on a ripper. Till it snows. Then the little sled is lots of work.

Top Bottom