2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
I walked into Ffun and asked if they had any riding gear this past summer. No salesman came up to me or asked me anything I pretty much had to corner someone to ask them.

Unless you have lots of money, they don’t even seem to want to talk to you.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I walked into Ffun and asked if they had any riding gear this past summer. No salesman came up to me or asked me anything I pretty much had to corner someone to ask them.

Unless you have lots of money, they don’t even seem to want to talk to you.

Ya I walked around there for 30 minutes in January and not one person asked if I needed anything. Went to rec supply and within 30 seconds had a guy helping me and bought some gear and a hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sounding great lots of work to do in snow wests opinion

Yikes! Yeah not a great review. If they aren’t snappy as an NA what will they be like with turbo lag down the road. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or maybe if every second comercial wasnt for chev trucks and polaris i would trust there opinion more lol
I am sure they are biased but the way they describe the bottom end you can hear it in every video of the 858. Bottom end sounds like a sick cow. I’m not worried about it though. It’s poor factory clutching and can be cleaned up. The 9r clutching was worse from factory and has turned into a really good sled for its intended purpose until the p22 leaves the chat. The 858 when clutched will be even better.

Levithan

Reaction score
They should make it explode like a polaris/skidoo and then it will be comparable, like how the polaris/skidoo lovers don't talk about that!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should make it explode like a polaris/skidoo and then it will be comparable, like how the polaris/skidoo lovers don't talk about that!
Pretty sure doo clutches don’t explode. I think of you beat on them there clutch calibration isn’t perfect and they go through the odd belt. Which is a wear item. And it is taking a 180 horse load

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5090.jpeg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Other than the clutch I haven’t seen a 9R blow up yet

Skidoos are pretty good, I haven’t blown up or been with a turbo R that has gone down yet. I’ve seen them online but some will go down it’s just odds with how many are out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure they are biased but the way they describe the bottom end you can hear it in every video of the 858. Bottom end sounds like a sick cow. I’m not worried about it though. It’s poor factory clutching and can be cleaned up. The 9r clutching was worse from factory and has turned into a really good sled for its intended purpose until the p22 leaves the chat. The 858 when clutched will be even better.

What about the top end? They are saying comparable with the Polaris and skidoo 850. Which is exactly what I predicted. But everyone online was talking about 180 hp?!?!?!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the top end? They are saying comparable with the Polaris and skidoo 850. Which is exactly what I predicted. But everyone online was talking about 180 hp?!?!?!

You have to hope right!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would, that would also have been the old turbo doo. Put it on an incline with 4 feet of snow much different story

That was also the old Alpha. Put it in a meadow with 2’ of snow and it will be the same story.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good ol snow west, that was a 9r sales pitch, 9r rolling through on the tv in the back. No names were mentioned of course when clutch issues were brought up. As for some of the calibration issues it's not real shocking that cat was working on fuel mapping, maybe clutching also before production models. With the lack of snow this winter I am sure clutch calibration has been a challenge, its pretty hard to replicate real riding at elevation on dirt. I guess next winter will tell the true tale once these units get into consumers hands.

Top Bottom