2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch that the Hardcore running boards are a 4lbs weight savings (according to their website).

The Hardcore Running Boards are aluminum-tube running boards that offer aggressive grip traction, increased stiffness & a 4-lb weight reduction. The durable, factory-matched powder-coat finish for a custom look. Note: Right-Hand and Left-Hand Side boards, hardware & instructions are included.
Ya I caught that. I’m thinking worth the money

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, how the hell they came up with those numbers, I have a bin here full of aluminum with about 20 Pro-climb and Ascender take off boards from conversions. Between the two sides they weigh less then 4lbs. I weigh one once to compare to our CR boards and I think it was less then 2lbs for the one.
Arctic Cat sales department must be taking the same approach as Skidoo, hook, line and sinker.
Maybe the boards are optional on Cats now, thus the 4lbs saving. LOL interesting
The plastic boards might be 2lbs heavier each, resulting in the 4lb savings total with the optional hardcore boards.

Too bad there's no optional hardcore twin rail option as well

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ralphs is claiming 2hp more than the 9R, no idea how or where they came up with that so don't shoot the messenger.
That's hilarious especially because Polaris refuses to publish a number for the 9r. Just that it's 7% more power and up to 12% more torque than the 850 Patriot. And then they don't publish any figures for the 850.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious especially because Polaris refuses to publish a number for the 9r. Just that it's 7% more power and up to 12% more torque than the 850 Patriot. And then they don't publish any figures for the 850.
All we can decipher is how much HP they don’t have by watching them on the hill unfortunately. Not sure why they won’t post numbers. Doo posts a number even though it’s debatable. 😂

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All we can decipher is how much HP they don’t have by watching them on the hill unfortunately. Not sure why they won’t post numbers. Doo posts a number even though it’s debatable. 😂
Hahaha, the only number really debatable was the 800 etec... and it wasn't really THAT debated until the 850 came out when Doo claimed a 10% power increase to 165hp...Either way the 800 etec proved to be a very reliable toboggan.

EldestEldo

Reaction score
I was all on board buying a new sled for next season. But for $25,000 there isn’t no way I’m spending that much. I’ll buy a leftover Polaris boost for almost 8k cheaper instead. Cat really is really disappointing their customers.
Where did you find a new Boost for 17,000$?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Where did you find a new Boost for 17,000$?
If there’s any kicking around next season they’ll be even cheaper.
IMG_1331.png

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a new turbo G5 last weekend, I really thought I was going to love it but it was just ok for me. The extra weight is noticeable compared to the boost but the bottom end is better and the power comes on smooth. I will be grabbing a catalyst as soon as they put a turbo in it but thought for next season I would grab a G5, dont think I will though. I can always roll the dice on a boost but that seems risky. Might be spending another season on the sidewinder.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spectra good dealer
they would rather pass their loss onto the customer than give the floor interest to the bank

Top Bottom