2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, the turbo lag has to be bad. No matter what people say cause ive seen a few people on Instagram claim "instant response". Im calling bullcrap on that.

I’ve seen a vid and it seemed pretty lively. Don’t remember where I saw it though.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ibexx was claiming their turbo 600 would keep up to the factory 850 turbos. Where HP matters, most likely but I’d be surprised if it had comparable TQ when it matters.
At the turbo kit for $6499 US. and a clutch kit for $ 579 Us, Not sure what other goodies but $7078 US = $9568 + GST 5%=$104046 plus the install and the price of the sled. Ill stick to buying a 850 doo or Poo that is not beig pushed hard and has full warrantee. I cant see those HP #'s without running insane boost, Also its a pain having to worry about >

Fuel Requirements: 50/50 AV Gas (100 LL) with 91 octane or 70% 91 octane with 30% VP110, but it MUST be VP brand.​

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have they said weight with an 858? motor is supposed to be lighter than the 600?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4620.jpeg
Pulling 46 mph with crappy clutching in the steepest part of the climb. Faster than a 9R.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a 146 on 6" of snow

i rode a lynx 146 turbo this weekend that was doing 80 Mph in similar snow

We know you gargle the Doo balls but come on, at least compare comparable sleds if you are going to crap on Cat. Similar snow, maybe, unless its in the same area on the same day we will never know. Similar hill?

My Sidewinder can pull track speeds that the the turbo 2 stroke crowd just cant, and weighs less then a Turbo Lynx. But one would expect that when you make more horse power and torque. Just like how you would expect a turbo to make more top end speed then an NA.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have they said weight with an 858? motor is supposed to be lighter than the 600?

Haven't seen an exact number but I think on the Snowest pod cast they mentioned it being 3lbs lighter. Due to the way the engine mounts are built into the casting on the 858.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We know you gargle the Doo balls but come on, at least compare comparable sleds if you are going to crap on Cat. Similar snow, maybe, unless its in the same area on the same day we will never know. Similar hill?

My Sidewinder can pull track speeds that the the turbo 2 stroke crowd just cant, and weighs less then a Turbo Lynx. But one would expect that when you make more horse power and torque. Just like how you would expect a turbo to make more top end speed then an NA.

they are the same price so they are similar. Isnt that the only thing that could make a sled not similar? i guess what im getting at is 45mph on hardpack is LAME for 24 grand. Maybe cool if it was 15k

Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen an exact number but I think on the Snowest pod cast they mentioned it being 3lbs lighter. Due to the way the engine mounts are built into the casting on the 858.

Yep and 3/4” lower.

Also Ibexx said their turbo 600 weighs the same as the stock unit right around 508ish full of fluids. I have no idea what the turbo 850’s weigh but if Ibexx can maintain that weight for the 858 it would make a turbo version around 505.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are the same price so they are similar. Isnt that the only thing that could make a sled not similar? i guess what im getting at is 45mph on hardpack is LAME for 24 grand. Maybe cool if it was 15k

If they are pricing them at 24k they will have priced themselves out of the market. They need to be priced lower than the Doo 850NA and Poo 850 if they have any hope of getting back any market share. 20-21k for their M Mountain Cat with Atac would be acceptable, make their base model a few grand less. Anything more and it will be Cat loyal customs only picking them up.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much the electric start system weighs on the new sled. Lightweight battery is cheap and easy, but more so the starter and added parts. This sled will also be for the wife and her pull starting it could be funny.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The catalyst is a bargain at $24K compared to the Lynx. The Lynx you would need to spend another $20K to get it to the same weight as the Cat to make it similar. $24 K for a 700 lb sled is lame….

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are pricing them at 24k they will have priced themselves out of the market. They need to be priced lower than the Doo 850NA and Poo 850 if they have any hope of getting back any market share. 20-21k for their M Mountain Cat with Atac would be acceptable, make their base model a few grand less. Anything more and it will be Cat loyal customs only picking them up.
They are all overpriced - but considering it’s a new sled if it’s priced in line with the other offerings, it will sell. And to be honest, 80% of riders don’t need a turbo, and not everyone wants one either. Some riders are recreational (myself included), and ride to have fun, not engage in a pissing contest…

Top Bottom