2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the turbo will be ready by then. But for the twin rail I want to ride the Catalyst with the Alpha first and see how it reacts. Maybe for a turbo you will need the twin rail as the Alpha track may not stand up to the power. Unless they modify the Alpha track I don’t know if I want to give up the extra traction by going back to the old powerclaw.

The alpha track handles boost power fine, I have a 200hp boondocker turbo alpha 165, it’s missing a couple paddles but that wasn’t from boost, that was from the sleds first ride by fernie in early season before the turbo was put on. I just didn’t like how the alpha rode and the alpha rails durability is suspect, that’s why I want a twin rail option. It’s supposed to work better with the catalyst chassis but I guess we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy chirping about the design and how it’s gonna break is riding an 8 year old sled that’s essentially an 11 year old chassis and thinks it’s amazing. He’s talking like he’s got the whole new design of the cat figured out and it’s gonna suck……….. take with a very small grain of salt

Oh heck ya I’m running my xm ( never say it’s amazing at all) . Why? Cause I don’t get out as much as others and she’s not miled out yet so why buy a new one. And I have bigger priorities to do with my family. Second why does my sled have anything to do with my opinion of plastic running boards and a motor that is super low and that everyone complains about trying to option cat parts. I looked at the sled at the sled show. It looks like there will be issues. Don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. But hey you can have your opinion about me too. I don’t give a pphuckkkk haha

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh heck ya I’m running my xm ( never say it’s amazing at all) . Why? Cause I don’t get out as much as others and she’s not miled out yet so why buy a new one. And I have bigger priorities to do with my family. Second why does my sled have anything to do with my opinion of plastic running boards and a motor that is super low and that everyone complains about trying to option cat parts. I looked at the sled at the sled show. It looks like there will be issues. Don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. But hey you can have your opinion about me too. I don’t give a pphuckkkk haha

I’ve seen xm doos case a mogul hard and break the s module and your talking about duarability of the engine being low and breaking when you hit something without having any knowledge of the sled. Lol hilarious. Plastic boards might break but if you hit something hard with aluminum boards they bend all to phuk and twist tunnels and other parts and you have to replace them anyway so what’s the difference? The old cat engines were quite low in the m series sleds and was never an issue.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen xm doos case a mogul hard and break the s module and your talking about duarability of the engine being low and breaking when you hit something without having any knowledge of the sled. Lol hilarious. Plastic boards might break but if you hit something hard with aluminum boards they bend all to phuk and twist tunnels and other parts and you have to replace them anyway so what’s the difference? The old cat engines were quite low in the m series sleds and was never an issue.

Look at the 87 lol

Guess who was born in 87 , explains alot

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Crazy! I put a grip and rip on my s module as a precaution and no issues. Only seen the s module fail from front end impacts and big ones at that. And last time we bent an aluminum running board we bent it back with a hatchet… I know crazy right ?!. I hope your new 858 brings you happiness on the hill. I will own a Polaris or another doo before I purchase a cat…. I stated my points and that’s all it’s gonna be . Have a swell day

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy! I put a grip and rip on my s module as a precaution and no issues. Only seen the s module fail from front end impacts and big ones at that. And last time we bent an aluminum running board we bent it back with a hatchet… I know crazy right ?!. I hope your new 858 brings you happiness on the hill. I will own a Polaris or another doo before I purchase a cat…. I stated my points and that’s all it’s gonna be . Have a swell day

I have a 23 turbo r expert, no cats for me for a few years

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 turbo r expert, no cats for me for a few years

I have a 2016 turbo xmpert and only cat I own is a kitty cat for my daughter

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Steep in there. Gonna be a great chassis.

Earlier in the video looked like it was washing out. I would of like to see if he continued across or button hooked down...Hoping to demo one here at somepoint

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Earlier in the video looked like it was washing out. I would of like to see if he continued across or button hooked down...Hoping to demo one here at somepoint
My thoughts exactly, i commented on the video saying that. For how the chassis was designed to be with the alpha rail. It's still washing out on an easy sidehill. Any twin rail could've been planted to that sidehill with those snow conditions. All i know is they better offer the option of a twin rail skid again. with the rail braces or the Catalyst is going to be an expensive endeavor for me and still not even be turbod.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mentioned a few times here is that lots of guys left cat when they had to wait weeks for any parts, myself included. I couldn't stand how nothing was ever in stock, I didn't mind driving to Wetaskiwin for parts or just stop on the way to the mountains. But then you are always wrenching in the hotel/parking lot. I hope they fix that and I would consider one for next year as well
Dealer support and parts availibilty its happened a few times break something on a skidoo reach out on fb and someone or some buisness has parts thats not so mucn the option for cat jusy dont have the numbers on the snow

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sleds are very nice. Really impressed with production model.
IMG_4086.jpeg
IMG_4087.jpeg

Top Bottom