2023-2024 Revelstoke and Area Updates

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never saw a groomed trail on boulder in the 90s. (Not saying it.never happened)

I remember the old parking lot on the highway and spending all day bustin trail to the cabin 😀
Ya they had one back then.
I remember unloading on the side of the highway cause the plow had buried the entrance to the road. Though you could only get a few vehicles in there, there was a wooden loading ramp there for a while.
You could drive out to the dump site to unload.
They only groomed once a week if you were lucky. I think I have rode there before trail passes, not 100% though, I'm thinking it was just before the club decommissioned the highway trail making everyone go to the current location or Peaks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they had one back then.
I remember unloading on the side of the highway cause the plow had buried the entrance to the road. Though you could only get a few vehicles in there, there was a wooden loading ramp there for a while.
You could drive out to the dump site to unload.
They only groomed once a week if you were lucky. I think I have rode there before trail passes, not 100% though, I'm thinking it was just before the club decommissioned the highway trail making everyone go to the current location or Peaks.

I dont remeber trail pass's either. Dad was paying for everything, so he might remember better. Haha

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember meeting the groomer as l was ripping down the mountain on my new 96 Summit. Was parked in the 'lot' along the highway.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some may remember Jerry who piloted for the only heli company in Revy at the time. He flew us up the next morning, dropped us off by the sleds and we rigged them up and he dropped them up top for us. We brought the rope back to him and paid him $200. Was a deal back then and got to see the area from the sky. Other than the walk and the chaffed thighs and underarms from walking in wet snow suits for 9 hours it was a great experience! 😂😂

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some may remember Jerry who piloted for the only heli company in Revy at the time. He flew us up the next morning, dropped us off by the sleds and we rigged them up and he dropped them up top for us. We brought the rope back to him and paid him $200. Was a deal back then and got to see the area from the sky. Other than the walk and the chaffed thighs and underarms from walking in wet snow suits for 9 hours it was a great experience! 😂😂
Old suits. Shitty boots. Your socks would probably be packed down by your toes by the time you walked out of there lol.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be Gerry Richard ? If so he lives in Vernon now and is mostly retired other than puttering around at his hangar at the Vernon airport .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be Gerry Richard ? If so he lives in Vernon now and is mostly retired other than puttering around at his hangar at the Vernon airport .
Could be tejay? He was a one man show back then if I remember right. Real nice guy

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back than We would all pack into peaks lodge. $15each for a bed. $5 steak sandwiches and $5jugs o beer.

Now a days $25 doesn’t even pay for the trail fee….
Well I remember staying at the Peaks also in those days and $15 for a bed was WAY too much, that place was a dump back then.
You were lucky if you didn't have something creepy crawling on you at knight. I was happy to pay the $45 for non ch!t hole.
But everyone a little different.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I remember staying at the Peaks also in those days and $15 for a bed was WAY too much, that place was a dump back then.
You were lucky if you didn't have something creepy crawling on you at knight. I was happy to pay the $45 for non ch!t hole.
But everyone a little different.
We were young, dumb and broke and apparently being overcharged. We had no standards and sleeping with Boulder mtn on top of us was just as good as dreaming of the talent at Strokers being on top of us. The only difference being Boulder was more attainable. However both dreams drained our finances equally….

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always stay at the Ol Frontier 😳 some reviews on trip advisor say BATES MOTEL, sleep on top of the bed !!
anyway back to conditions, there is about 4” of fresh fluffy snow in town

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were young, dumb and broke and apparently being overcharged. We had no standards and sleeping with Boulder mtn on top of us was just as good as dreaming of the talent at Strokers being on top of us. The only difference being Boulder was more attainable. However both dreams drained our finances equally….
How true

Good old strokers , the regent , the Rock pit ect

Uhhhhhh my head hurts just thinking of the double jack drinks and stumble fest back to the spins -sleep

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom