2022 Sled Show in Edmonton

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohhhh FFS....here we go again...we need a cheaper venue...I hate having to pay to park....its too expensive.....let's have it in Red Deer.....

IT'S IN EDMONTON.........DEAL WITH IT! Support it or it will disappear like the Calgary one did!

Your never gonna have it in a place that will make everyone happy. We go and spend $1000's on toys then bitch moan and complain that we have it centralized or in a better venue.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton is good for the consumer, but the vendors pay heavily for sq/footage. Vendors have to pay for parking too and power for the booth.
I would hate to see how much Martin's, Polaris, Yammy, Skidoo pay for their large spots at Edmonton. Dbl or Triple wide booths were close to 20 g's for the show in the past. Tough for the smaller guys to make a profit after slinging product for 3 days with 20-50% margins. That's a few trinkets you need to sell to cover your booth cost, employees, hotel, fuel, food, booze, hookers, etc.

Now the Sask show was way more reasonable at half the cost for space.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohhhh FFS....here we go again...we need a cheaper venue...I hate having to pay to park....its too expensive.....let's have it in Red Deer.....

IT'S IN EDMONTON.........DEAL WITH IT! Support it or it will disappear like the Calgary one did!

Your never gonna have it in a place that will make everyone happy. We go and spend $1000's on toys then bitch moan and complain that we have it centralized or in a better venue.
Nobody said it was too expensive, or they didn't want to pay for parking, or they didn't want to travel. It was more about how the vendor's getting ripped off, and maybe there was other options. Didn't intend on triggering everyone. I like the venue in Edm, but I can say there would be double the booths and deals if it wasn't in that facility. More deal's = More lap dance dollars. Simple math!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Our ladies shirt and hoodie graphic
84291DA9-C810-469C-A5AB-340AC8FF2DA3.jpeg

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody said it was too expensive, or they didn't want to pay for parking, or they didn't want to travel. It was more about how the vendor's getting ripped off, and maybe there was other options. Didn't intend on triggering everyone. I like the venue in Edm, but I can say there would be double the booths and deals if it wasn't in that facility. More deal's = More lap dance dollars. Simple math!
Pretty sure I've heard lots complain about all that. Simple fact is there is a show. Go or don't go. Stop bitching about the event. If it's too far for me to travel I won't go...if I9 don't want to pay for parking...I will get a ride. Pretty sure the event planners do the best they can, give them a break.... can't keep everyone happy

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've heard lots complain about all that. Simple fact is there is a show. Go or don't go. Stop bitching about the event. If it's too far for me to travel I won't go...if I9 don't want to pay for parking...I will get a ride. Pretty sure the event planners do the best they can, give them a break.... can't keep everyone happy
Geez guys … take it easy! i think every passionate sledder doesn’t complain! I was referring to age when one reflects how many years not the driving geesh. If there ever was a organization that did in central ab it may bring more foot prints & advocate greater sales. Snowflake is not a complainer … he probably rides 45 - 60 days a season for 25+ years in Revy, Sic, Whis etc
Looking forward to then Edmonton show as always & get an updated S&M hoodie
Cheers 🍻

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I am off fir the show. Need some new gear.
Maybe a person needs to talk to vendors at the show and get their opinions on the red deer option.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booth's really aren't that bad, 10ftx30ft booth is $3k. Pretty cheap IMO for the amount of foot traffic you get by your booth over the course of the weekend.

IMO it's just part of the changing industry. I used to go to look at the aftermarket stuff; turbos, pipes, motor parts, belt drives, tracks, skis, and some gear. Most of these parts aren't even sold anymore for the newest sleds. Now OEM's offer all that right of the dealer lot, and with the price of sleds most people don't want to dump another $10k into a $25k sled anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good time and cool to check out the newest sleds and talk to the OEM reps, but unfortunately it's been bumped down a few notches on my priority list. Although if I can get the weekend off I'll be there this year.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booth's really aren't that bad, 10ftx30ft booth is $3k. Pretty cheap IMO for the amount of foot traffic you get by your booth over the course of the weekend.

IMO it's just part of the changing industry. I used to go to look at the aftermarket stuff; turbos, pipes, motor parts, belt drives, tracks, skis, and some gear. Most of these parts aren't even sold anymore for the newest sleds. Now OEM's offer all that right of the dealer lot, and with the price of sleds most people don't want to dump another $10k into a $25k sled anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good time and cool to check out the newest sleds and talk to the OEM reps, but unfortunately it's been bumped down a few notches on my priority list. Although if I can get the weekend off I'll be there this year.

I don’t mean to stir the pot here but $3000 for a little booth seems like a lot to me. Add that to the cost of fuel to get there plus meals and hotels and you gotta move a chit ton of merchandise just to break even wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t mean to stir the pot here but $3000 for a little booth seems like a lot to me. Add that to the cost of fuel to get there plus meals and hotels and you gotta move a chit ton of merchandise just to break even wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely not cheap, but those that are serious with marketable parts should in most cases do alright. It'll probably be too expensive for the old ladies trying to knit mittens, toques, and such however.

It's more than just sales at the time of the show, it's a huge marketing tool for these vendors. I've went a couple times and left the show with nothing, but found lines on parts while there and made purchases from vendors in the weeks after.

Ultimately its up to each vendor to decide if its worth it, the worlds best product won't sell if no one knows about it. Conversely you can sell a lot of mediocre product with good marketing. Trade shows are sometimes the best form of marketing, because you can put the product in the customers hands and get live feedback at the same time.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a real good pissup wit da boys... bring some ho's too... campers, SXS and a powered wheelchair... what could be better? oh ya, grass drags and a mud bog lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
outdoor has its advantages and disadvantages. If there was a location where it could be both that would be ideal

imagine a booth like martin motorsports 30,000 square feet of clothing and boxes of gear and all of the sudden a storm comes up. Good times that would be.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they sure wouldn't have to worry about packing all the old stock away for a year til the next show lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I promised you all once we got the booth listing we would share it, lets see how this pastes:

Company NameBooth #
AB Environment & Parks450
Adrenaline Unlimited (FXR RACING)157
Airdrie Trailers771
Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club519
Alberta OutdoorsmenF11
Alberta Relic Riders561
Alberta Snowmobile Association453
Alpine Concepts178
Altitude Powersports335
Athabasca River RunnersG4
Avalanche Canada442