2022 Sled Show in Edmonton

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Be nice if they would change the venue to somewhere less expensive. I think it would attract more people and vendors. If vendors weren't spending an arm and a leg to get in, they could probably offer better deals. If they had the right venue, a swap meet might even be possible. That would be sweet
They have been looking for a venue of similar size to use to no avail..... The office is always open to suggestions though if you have any shoot them an email!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Wasn't there some talk at one point about having it at the exhibition grounds or something?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have been looking for a venue of similar size to use to no avail..... The office is always open to suggestions though if you have any shoot them an email!
I made a post and comment about this exact issue a few years back….
I feel most sledders would welcome a lesser venue…
Separate the sled show from the rest of the atv/utv crowd.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I made a post and comment about this exact issue a few years back….
I feel most sledders would welcome a lesser venue…
Separate the sled show from the rest of the atv/utv crowd.
And I believe at that time I said email it to the ASA office. We are just vendors at the show.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I believe at that time I said email it to the ASA office. We are just vendors at the show.
When I represented my club, I made this comment several times.

Isn’t this platform good enough for some feed back ?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a guy should get one of those online petitions going. One or 2 of us sending in a random email isn't going to go anywhere. I'm sure ASA will have a bunch of people on staff not wanting to do the leg work to change the venue. Which is why they are likely still at the place they are at. Because they aren't going back for the great service, or great price. I just looked at the red deer pavilions, and I think the best they can do 3400 people and 68,000sf. May not be enough space for both ATV and snowmobiles. But would be a great outdoor event like hay days.

Reactions: RXN

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if they would change the venue to somewhere less expensive. I think it would attract more people and vendors. If vendors weren't spending an arm and a leg to get in, they could probably offer better deals. If they had the right venue, a swap meet might even be possible. That would be sweet

us skidoo owners cant get our vajayjays wet either so it has to be indoors and climate controlled

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sooooo how do we make it happen?
So for those that are looking for a show in Red deer, Set one up get the vendors to attend rent a venue, its a fair amount of work too, go for it. I know Peri that works hard to keep this show alive. There once was a show in Calgary as well. And this show is smaller. This thread is about the snowshow in Edmonton please keep the topic on that. If you wish to pursue a show in Red Deer please create a new thread and ask questions, who knows you may be on to something. Heyday's is awesome but our weather here is less predicable.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for those that are looking for a show in Red deer, Set one up get the vendors to attend rent a venue, its a fair amount of work too, go for it. I know Peri that works hard to keep this show alive. There once was a show in Calgary as well. And this show is smaller. This thread is about the snowshow in Edmonton please keep the topic on that. If you wish to pursue a show in Red Deer please create a new thread and ask questions, who knows you may be on to something. Heyday's is awesome but our weather here is less predicable.
Good points. The show in Calgary shrunk and died, are you saying the show in Edmonton this year will be smaller than in the past? Trying to decide if it is worth the trip.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good points. The show in Calgary shrunk and died, are you saying the show in Edmonton this year will be smaller than in the past? Trying to decide if it is worth the trip.

If you are coming from Calgary maybe. If you are coming from sicamous probably not.

Top Bottom