2021 Skidoo 850 turbo reviews

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have changed weights /ramps / and rollers on the new 850 while clutch is still on motor
no special tools either
with that being said i have ordered a couple tools from the hot rod sled shop to make it easier

thats fantastic now try changing the spring without the proper tools, while on the sled.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sled finished break in yesterday pretty much the first 20 min then watch out. No more popping, excellent acceleration and power. These things are the ticket, just pure fun, puts a smile on your face all day. Love hearing the turbo sound again too.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled finished break in yesterday pretty much the first 20 min then watch out. No more popping, excellent acceleration and power. These things are the ticket, just pure fun, puts a smile on your face all day. Love hearing the turbo sound again too.
What did you end up doing for clutching?

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
With my demo 2020.5 that I bought and finally rode, I noticed the backshift was too strong. When I let off the throttle the sled feels like it is under full brake. Clicker is on 1. Any ideas?

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rKNIGHT111 would u Swap the stock gearing 21/53 ~ 2.52 to the 19/53 ~ 2.78 firsT... Get a feel for the new gearing and then Swap the clutching to dYna^joe s Clutch KiT asking for... SiR - LaNCE - LoT BaKeR... CHeeRs.. O and also who's Ron ?? Is he the guY that owns the macdonalds by mY brothers place in spruce GroVe ... Asking for the future (burger) kinG ... Prince CHarLes ... Camilla -parka - bowLs would be proud ... Can I have roY- ale wiT CheeSe ... Huh when did pulp fiction get released LMao... luv thaT FLicK !! lmao... MeRRy xXxmess .. Ho Ho Ho !!t

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These turbos are cheating, They are so much fun, I love this sled, lots of smiles to the gallon, and sore arms. Got my brothers stock clutched sled to pull harder with more weight and a clicker change.

12% to burn off the breakin, on mine.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rKnight111 would u Swap the stock gearing 21/53 ~ 2.52 to the 19/53 ~ 2.78 firsT... Get a feel for the new gearing and then Swap the clutching to dYnaMo^joe s Clutch KiT asking for... SiR - LaNCE - LoT BaKeR... CHeeRs

These sleds are geared pretty decent from the factory.
The 2.52 ratio is a great all around ratio.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ Jhurkot sounds like Max these days lol

He’s not wrong but a good rider could still put most to shame on a naturally aspirated model. Still need to be able to ride a naturally
Aspirated sled to its full potential before your putting yourself at any disadvantage. Unless your talking about smiles, then that’s a total disadvantage

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c3d48e2d08337c9c17753c5fa670c953.jpg

Brentk

Reaction score
Now that break in is done, the clutching seams mostly dead on with no over rev,, here and there i get an odd bog but not very common. This sled is so incredible I just put gas and oil in it and smile all day, it's super amazing. No need for any mods, just ride it stock. I end up riding way more then I ever have before in a typical day, hardly ever stuck, I just end up burning more gas and having a better experience then ever before....but I guess I definitely paid for it lol
The only downfall for me is the lower height handle bars, I'm 6'3" so I would prefer a bit higher, plus there is better control with a bit higher bars. The short bars are great for manueverability as they are out of the way, but I would prefer the better leverage with a bit taller bars.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that break in is done, the clutching seams mostly dead on with no over rev,, here and there i get an odd bog but not very common. This sled is so incredible I just put gas and oil in it and smile all day, it's super amazing. No need for any mods, just ride it stock. I end up riding way more then I ever have before in a typical day, hardly ever stuck, I just end up burning more gas and having a better experience then ever before....but I guess I definitely paid for it lol
The only downfall for me is the lower height handle bars, I'm 6'3" so I would prefer a bit higher, plus there is better control with a bit higher bars. The short bars are great for manueverability as they are out of the way, but I would prefer the better leverage with a bit taller bars.

picked up the next size taller riser myself. Same height as you and would agree the 4” riser is too small. Got a 5.5-6.0” from BRP. Way better!

Top Bottom