2021 Skidoo 850 turbo reviews

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post forward kit.. moves weight forward and raised bars a few inches.. makes a huge diff

Now that break in is done, the clutching seams mostly dead on with no over rev,, here and there i get an odd bog but not very common. This sled is so incredible I just put gas and oil in it and smile all day, it's super amazing. No need for any mods, just ride it stock. I end up riding way more then I ever have before in a typical day, hardly ever stuck, I just end up burning more gas and having a better experience then ever before....but I guess I definitely paid for it lol
The only downfall for me is the lower height handle bars, I'm 6'3" so I would prefer a bit higher, plus there is better control with a bit higher bars. The short bars are great for manueverability as they are out of the way, but I would prefer the better leverage with a bit taller bars.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test road one the other day. Obviously it takes a while to get used to, but not sure how you ever get used to having the inside handle bar basically at ball sack level when the bars are turned....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test road one the other day. Obviously it takes a while to get used to, but not sure how you ever get used to having the inside handle bar basically at ball sack level when the bars are turned....
Its what you're used to is all. First time I rode a Polaris i hit a sidehill and it was like WTF??

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, that’s exactly how I feel on a doo

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and jusT liKe thaT Auntie dgiles gaVe dgiles his baLL sackK back and the SLeD world will turn on a maRs bar.. Hahahaaa... MeoW !!!

Last edited:

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Had a great day 2 ft of new snow. Got stuck twice kissed a tree . Leg are getting **** kicking. Went across a lake 2 ft of water on it just hit it and away you go. So now my sledis old. Be safe snow is not the same this year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me, the doo is more natural to side hill with bars swung in, and easier to counter steer if needed, better for quick steering

My cat, I have issues with fighting the steering and hurting palms below my pinky, cause that's where your pushing the bars, when you need quick ya gotta push the bars

Most of the time tho, you can just lean and keep the steering straight
Its what you're used to is all. First time I rode a Polaris i hit a sidehill and it was like WTF??
Exactly, I still am somewhat with the kitty

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For side hilling this is my opinion. (Owned all 3)

1. Polaris
2. Arctic cat
3. Skidoo

That being said, if you have a Polaris or cat you will just be track poaching skidoo’s all day long hoping they left some fresh snow for you.

Did we just become best friends? yup!

Shortline

Reaction score
Old Boy, I don't know where Windermere Valley is but I sure am jealous. Been nothing but snow, then rain, then freeze in my neck of the woods.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So anyone having over reving issues I would suggest you contact your dealer and open a case with brp. Let brp pay for the fix. We have 2 turbos that are hitting 8200 and have cases open. The dealers all know about it and you need to keep the pressure on brp to fix it. The question I have asked is if the 2020.5 was so good why did they change the clutching on the 2021. Until they come with a fix we will just keep rinding but I’m not paying for this fix as I have in the past. Be safe and ride hard.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So anyone having over reving issues I would suggest you contact your dealer and open a case with brp. Let brp pay for the fix. We have 2 turbos that are hitting 8200 and have cases open. The dealers all know about it and you need to keep the pressure on brp to fix it. The question I have asked is if the 2020.5 was so good why did they change the clutching on the 2021. Until they come with a fix we will just keep rinding but I’m not paying for this fix as I have in the past. Be safe and ride hard.

Mine is doing the same. 8200 or higher. Tried to talk my dealer. Was given the run around. Bought a kit from Dynamo Joe. Haven’t had it on the snow yet, but hoping for good results.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Martins is installing my dynamo joe kit in on Tuesday. I’ll report how it is. So far martins added the heavier bolts and I added the factory weighted washers at $26. My rpm at full throttle on a pull in decent powder is 8000-8100 rpm. Have 1190 km on sled.
Running flawless, crisp clean power after breakin

Caper11 has installed Dynamo Joes kit and is very happy with it. He has his sled now broken in as well

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never flinched to the top of this mountain... I believe that was 8500ft, maybe more.

recognize this view if you ride golden?

648698B1-7ACA-421C-918A-0D2A3D00C127.jpg

additional problems so far, ripped a steering boot as well had a kill switch fail.

Last edited:

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add weight 6 grams over stock per bolt got me to 7900 at 1800m on clicker 1. DJ’s kit sitting on my bench as well

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The season is almost half over, this was a known issue before the snow fell.
Unfortunately Your better off fixing it yourself, and your leaving alot on the table with the stock clutching.

There is Lots of options out there as to fixing the revving issue. Unfortunately it will get worse after breakin, Oler1234 has a solid fix, and so does the aftermarket, it all depends on what you want.

As mentioned above, Im very happy with my sled. These things are super fun and they pull hard, and they will only get better.

Top Bottom