2017 Sneak Peek tonight in St.Albert

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you are not bringing up an old farm story.......lol

Hmmmmm. I am scared to respond to that considering the multitude of stories from my past. We can discuss when we meet next but Im not gonna start posting guesses. lmao

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people, myself included, get to caught up in the the weight game. Full of fluid weight is about as useless as a dry weight. What do either of them matter? Ride a sled for an hour and look at it. Loaded with snow. Probly a jerry can/gear bag box of some sort. Different sleds hold different amounts of snow.

I think we should all just be honest, and say the weight really isn't as big of deal as most make it out to be.

It's like hockey or football- fun to talk about for some, but has ZERO real importance or significance on any of us.
I agree 100%. I have light sleds and heavy sleds in the household, and guess what? Each of them is substantially heavier when they are ready to ride. My fat a$$ combined with the survival gear, 1st aid kit and extra fuel on the tunnel adds weight. But I'm physically strong enough to ride any one of them, get them unstuck, etc. - and the truth is that even the newer heavier offerings are still lighter then the machines from 10+ years ago, with longer tracks and more power, open running boards, and painted tunnels to shed snow weight over it's predecessors. Our Pro has an additional 20 lbs of tunnel bracing to accommodate a load on the tunnel, and comes in at 519 lbs wet with no fuel. ( I carry fuel, etc, because I will NOT go into the back country without being prepared - I don't ride in large groups, usually one or two other riders).
If one can't ride a sled because it's heavier, don't buy it - you have choices. But because someone makes a different choice then you doesn't mean they are wrong - perhaps they are able to handle a heavier machine with more power then what you are comfortable with - maybe they are in better physical condition, or maybe the sled gets them to the cabin where they stay for the duration of the day - who cares? But frankly, I've seen a few riders on 4S turbos that make the majority of 2S riders look pretty silly - even in the trees. Buy what you like, and don't be so quick to judge those on something different - they might know something you don't...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well time to eat a little crow. Weighed my pro today with my digital scale. 495 lbs. So about 20 lbs heavier than with bathroom scales. So which makes sense as the new 2017 axys 174 is in the 470 range and mine has a turbo. I will still argue that the weights between the sleds will be very close but the actual weights will be off. So I'm not sure if they will let me bring a forklift to next years sneak peek....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 325

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well time to eat a little crow. Weighed my pro today with my digital scale. 495 lbs. So about 20 lbs heavier than with bathroom scales. So which makes sense as the new 2017 axys 174 is in the 470 range and mine has a turbo. I will still argue that the weights between the sleds will be very close but the actual weights will be off. So I'm not sure if they will let me bring a forklift to next years sneak peek....

Thats OK, bathromm scales are usually off. You should see what that lying POS I own shows when I step on it. lol

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I have light sleds and heavy sleds in the household, and guess what? Each of them is substantially heavier when they are ready to ride. My fat a$$ combined with the survival gear, 1st aid kit and extra fuel on the tunnel adds weight. But I'm physically strong enough to ride any one of them, get them unstuck, etc. - and the truth is that even the newer heavier offerings are still lighter then the machines from 10+ years ago, with longer tracks and more power, open running boards, and painted tunnels to shed snow weight over it's predecessors. Our Pro has an additional 20 lbs of tunnel bracing to accommodate a load on the tunnel, and comes in at 519 lbs wet with no fuel. ( I carry fuel, etc, because I will NOT go into the back country without being prepared - I don't ride in large groups, usually one or two other riders).
If one can't ride a sled because it's heavier, don't buy it - you have choices. But because someone makes a different choice then you doesn't mean they are wrong - perhaps they are able to handle a heavier machine with more power then what you are comfortable with - maybe they are in better physical condition, or maybe the sled gets them to the cabin where they stay for the duration of the day - who cares? But frankly, I've seen a few riders on 4S turbos that make the majority of 2S riders look pretty silly - even in the trees. Buy what you like, and don't be so quick to judge those on something different - they might know something you don't...

Couldnt agree more. Well said!!

Top Bottom