2017 Sneak Peek tonight in St.Albert

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. The viper was a demo so it was a wet weight. The 850 was defiantly wet. The 174 axys looked really clean, not sure about it. If any body is basing there buying choice by weight now a days doesn't really know much. We really wanted to weigh the viper the rest was a bonus. I know the weights aren't nasa quality but I think there close enough to say they are all in the same ballpark (except the viper).

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, who cares how fast your going, ;)
Maybe a manufacturer will figure out a way to use an Ipad, theres an app for that

For me the only gauge reading I pay attention to is my temperature. If things feel wonky I'll watch my rpms and such but for the most part Temp is the big one.

tsiciliano

Reaction score
Why does the doo have to be so ugly? And even at 580 lbs the sidewinder is probably easier to pull over than my mseries specially a m1000. Pretty awesome to see how far they have come. Now polaris just needs to build a reliable eng and doo needs some styling haha

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really thought the doo would be uglier. I don't mind the looks. Function over fashion. When your in headlight deep powder they all look good!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been doing these shows a long time... And that is the first time I have ever seen anyone bring bathroom scales to weigh snowmobiles. However your weights are going to be off... Some of those sleds were wet and some were dry. The orange 2.5 850 you guys weighed was full of fuel and oil... That was a rider. Most of the others were dry. I think what you were doing is good... Your numbers just won't be accurate. Not just for BRP... Some of the other brands there had wet and dry sleds... Some were ride protos and some weren't.

So are you saying the 850 was full of fuel or had fuel in it? Can't see you having a sled full of fuel that guys are going to climbing all over it and lifting and garage riding. That would be close to 70 lbs of fuel? I'm pretty sure that sled had at the most 1 gallon of fuel in it. For the record I'm not trying bash any brands here.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's some bush league shxt
lol
bathroom scales
wtf is next

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's some bush league shxt
lol
bathroom scales
wtf is next
They aren't the digital ones. Straight from NASA like I said. I bet these weights will be within 10 lbs when guys finally start weighing with hanging scales. It's not about the actual weight more about the difference. Same scales same procedure. If you don't like the results I could care less.Like one guy said, the scales were probably broken after weighing the viper.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this winter guys with hanging scales will get some ready to ride weights. Till then no need fret about the weight differences.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So are you saying the 850 was full of fuel or had fuel in it? Can't see you having a sled full of fuel that guys are going to climbing all over it and lifting and garage riding. That would be close to 70 lbs of fuel? I'm pretty sure that sled had at the most 1 gallon of fuel in it. For the record I'm not trying bash any brands here.

No you are right. It was NOT full but it had quite a LOT of fuel in it... I took the cap off and checked. Im not brand bashing either. I think all brands there brought something good to the table for sure! Like I always say... One brand isn't going to see any improvements without the other nipping at the heels. That's what drives innovation! That yamaha with the 163x 1"3/4 was pretty interesting.. breaking new ground there. Cool sled! I like that show alot... It allows people to compare brands keeping things fresh in their heads. Even if your numbers are off or they aren't what is "advertised" the SPREAD will be accurate... If anybody is running around buying a sled off of advertised weight or advertised horsepower numbers... And not off of non-biased rider reviews and actually TRYING them... They are going to miss out... Brand regardless. The sleds are being designed now days to compensate for weight... That's the whole point of rider forward... which is clearly the path everyone has decided to take.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"The orange 2.5 850 you guys weighed was full of fuel and oil... ". Your words T-team
Was just going to call bull **** on the 850 weighing just over the 400 lb mark full of fluids?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ron looks hungry , must be thinking the guys brought pizza lol, both my xps are around 470 wet lol , if you don't believe bring over your pizza boxes lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the older crowd like me that remembers the old TNT RV the Gen 4's questionable ugliness is acceptable in person.
Watched the weighing process - how can you do ameaningfull weigh in without knowing the 50+# variable that could have existed - good way to start a fight on here.
Maybe one day some genius will fill all the sleds full of all fluids as if they were about to be ridden from the staging areas - damit another crazy thought. Weight the dam sleds as the manufacturer's intended them to leave the parking lot and for Christ'z sakes no changing mufflers or adding belly pans.
Manfactuerers can change designs faster than we can do a true eaqual weigh in FFS. Get the scales off the rugs and onto concrete so the readings are not affected - just sayin.

The Yammie rolled evenly once it started to move - it just felt heavy to me.
Polaris looked good and are probably still the light weight champs.
Doo sure pulled over easy - the dash is gonna be a big snow trap. Hopefully at least temp and RPM will be readable down the trail, after that I really don't use my guage very much. Just for RPM on top.

That's my .02 from last night.
Oh ya nice meeting some S&Mers there.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just checked my scale just to see what the difference from conc to rug would be. I was shocked to see a 3 lb difference. On the rug I weigh 3 lbs heavier than on concrete. So you could take 12 lbs of the weight of each sled. But every sled we weighed was on rug,so I don't really see what the issue is. The actual weight means nothing. The accurate number is the difference between the sleds.
Not sure why a few guys have there Klim gonch in a knot over the weigh in. Sure was a lot of guys interested in the results while we were weighing them. It was fun to weigh them, does it mean anything? No. You can't ride a scale just like you can't ride a dyno. If I hurt your feelings by weighing them I'm sorry, send me a pm and I will send you a refund.

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey everyone quit busting Niners balls, I asked him to weigh the yammie that I foolishly snowchecked before I found out the weights. No one could tell me what the sidewinder would weigh so Niner and the boys went on a mission and I will be getting my deposit back, I am very satisfied with his weight results, good job boys.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone quit busting Niners balls, I asked him to weigh the yammie that I foolishly snowchecked before I found out the weights. No one could tell me what the sidewinder would weigh so Niner and the boys went on a mission and I will be getting my deposit back, I am very satisfied with his weight results, good job boys.

It has absolutly nothing to do with niner. Kudos to him for bringing he scales and I watched him do the wieghing of each sled - dealers were sure lookin to.
Half tank, full tank of gas or oil is a pretty big deal. Every sled full of all fluids will show the real weight difference. For some reason this unsurmountable feat can not be done and the Cervus Center was not the place either.

I have bought a new 850 and I am certain that the Polaris is still lighter and my guess on a full fluid weigh in would be in the #25 range.
My apologies to niner for comments made that may have pizzed him off a bit. He sure drew a crowd in a hurry.

Still would be nice to have a meaningfull weigh in though that would have some accurracy.

niner - next year you bring the scales and I will bring gas and oil for eack brand!

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the old days you had to buy a sled that was lighter than the rest to have the lightest sled. Now you buy the sled you want and make it as light as you can afford. The weights of the new sleds is pretty minor. And if you want more power, the options are there now too. It's come down to dealer support and which chassis you feel the most comfortable on.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, so pull those suitcase mufflers off the doos and save another 35 lbs ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When did the stock can weigh 40lbs. You'd loose that with a aftermarket exhaust on a 4stroke.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weight of the sidewinder is impressive. I expected it to be heavier. For those of you who have never rode a boosted viper, it's not the tank you would expect, and you don't have to deal with the bottom end turbo lag of a 2stroke.

Nytros apex's and 1100t's are the tanks. Yamaha has done a good job on the viper, I'd expect the sidewinder to be even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: LDK

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weighing the viper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 261

niner

Active VIP Member