2015 Yamahas Released

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless Im missing somthing its the same chasis as the M8-M1100 - So should handle at least better that the M1100 with better power....
And at the risk of upsetting the "S&M police" (that probably wont even buy a Viper) someone mentioned the Racers Edge with T-motion available for the Viper - I know that would
also really help being able to control the "2015 Mountain Viper" IMHO.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their snowcheck promo website says the mountain Vipers have new wider skis. Do the demos have those skis?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always a debate... two stroke fourstroke.... being a snowmobile dealer I am fortunate enough to have the choice to ride either, when ever... I have had many twostrokes over the yrs... and also many fourstrokes, both Yamaha and Arctic Cat. I like them both for different reasons... I love the smell of the twostroke,, but the torque and reliability of the fourstroke, has got my choice... as far as the weight, I believe there is an over statement of importance there, to a degree, you don't want an 800 lb sled but they are all far from that...

the two stroke crew always claims lighter weight, more power more flickable, etc.... but theres oil consumption, belts, clutching... etc....
-lighter also means less structural strength.... your giving up something to shed all the pounds....

and they are all heavy when stuck in a tree well or trench.... perhaps a lot of a sled operation should be put on the rider.... just because you get stuck or struggle may be more rider error n less sled error.....

the four stroke was initially a lot heavier than two stroke,,,, but things have evolved.... the unknown is unfortunately frowned upon. how many of the two stroke riders have ridden a 4stroke in the last few yrs... things change.... a 20 minute ride on a hill or in the trees does not make a true impression .

I have personally ridden well over 17000 kms over the past 10 yrs on fourstrokes.. the last 4 on the 1100 turbo w/ 240upgrade....

I was fortunate enough to be able to several rides over two days on the 2015 SR Viper mountains.... stock and with the 180 mpi boost installed....
I was very impressed - the stock Yamaha Vipers were very smooth and easy to get used too and predict. I think it would be an awesome sled for a beginner or experienced rider...

The Yamaha boosted vipers how ever.....WOW WOW WOW.... I was very surprised and impressed... what turbo lag? I found none!! smooth awesome power greatly matched chassis.... and yes you can tweak it toget mo power...:):) loved the graphics... the only thing I would change is the windshield... but ialways do....

as far as the $ comment about being so much.... we all know not too many two stroke riders add hp lol .... an that's not free.... to add 925 kit to a 800 two stroke will get u about 195hp ish.... and a 3500 ish bill

bottom line imo the 2015 Yamaha is gonna surprise a lot of people, don't knock it till you try it.... I will have the Orange and Blue LE 162 with the turbo option... always ready to give people a demo ride.... most dealers have demos try one .,.... :)

safe riding people...

Terry

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demos had skis ? lol I think they were normal not big floation.... yes 3 pitch track...by putting a 7 tooth driver the 3" will go in noprob..... yes its much the same chassis as the proclimb.... t-motion :) would be a nice add.... imo.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demos had skis ? lol I think they were normal not big floation.... yes 3 pitch track...by putting a 7 tooth driver the 3" will go in noprob..... yes its much the same chassis as the proclimb.... t-motion :) would be a nice add.... imo.....
Patent pending? Lol.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thats exactly what I said after riding the SR Viper mountain much the same as 800 pro climb but smoother with a triple cylinder four stroke....

Lots of good discussion here.

I will add.....if you can ride an 800 Prolimb you can can ride a Viper MTX. They feel rather similar.:)

Cheers
RS

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the pitch of the stock track?
Seen the new viper in Randy's trailer in valemont thurs night. He was saying they are coming stock with 7 tooth drivers, and a 3" will fit. That saves a guy a few bucks there. And the blue and orange looks amazing, pictures don't do it justice.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the new viper in Randy's trailer in valemont thurs night. He was saying they are coming stock with 7 tooth drivers, and a 3" will fit. That saves a guy a few bucks there. And the blue and orange looks amazing, pictures don't do it justice.

Yup it sure did...
image.jpg

Top Bottom