2014 Yamaha Viper

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer, owner is down riding the vipers this week. Heard they are 80lbs lighter than the nytro. If that's the case I maybe interested in one. Turbo, 156x15x3, narrow front end. Be a fun sled IMO. Spend 20k to build a 4 stroke that will last, or spent 20k to build a 2 stroke to sell after 1 year because its a ticking time bomb.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like alot of guys were looking to jump ship, but are a little passed off they didn't build the 2 stroke. Look on the bright side, maybe Cat will get the new yamaha 2 stroke!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm talking Mountain Sleds. The M is vertical, no?\
Proclimb and Pro-RMK both use vertical steering posts. The Nytro and Summit use horizontal posts. Sure there are other options within Cat and Polaris, even in Yammy, but in the mountain class that is how it is. The Viper is an Over the Top post, it's a sled meant for trails, but not a mountain sled.

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm talking Mountain Sleds. The M is vertical, no?

My 1100T could be purchased with either.
Sure looks like thats an option with the 3 cyclinder viper as well
VIper%20chassis.jpg Viper%20Chaincase.jpg

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer, owner is down riding the vipers this week. Heard they are 80lbs lighter than the nytro. If that's the case I maybe interested in one. Turbo, 156x15x3, narrow front end. Be a fun sled IMO. Spend 20k to build a 4 stroke that will last, or spent 20k to build a 2 stroke to sell after 1 year because its a ticking time bomb.
Holy all gung hoe for the four strokes now after you got a lemon pro rmk. Maybe if you didn't cheap out with a crappy silber turbo kit you wouldn't be whining so much about what time bombs 2 strokes are. I have ran plenty of skidoos and Polaris and had zero engine issues ever. If I was gonna turbo I would spend extra coin on a real kit buddy.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to bring up to speed... Your not the only hero on the snow... Oh wait I forgot this is your Forum....my bad!

Who cares really. There is no lightweight fun factor 2 stroke in this lineup therefor 80% of riders don't care. Most don't want heavy and want nothing to do with boost and that means Yamaha has nothing for them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't, it's worth every ounce when you have to pull them out of the enclosed

Our enclosed you can drive out the front? Pretty easy to drag a sled on plywood anyways... Lifting some heavy pig of a sled stuck in a tree well, not so easy...lol

Top Bottom