2014 XM can issues

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like T Team said the number 1 aftermarket seller at most shops of all 4 brands is a lightweight can. It is a big business.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all Polaris rmk owners are running factory cans? I know parkland motorsports can barely keep hps rmk cans on the shelf for more than ten minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all Polaris rmk owners are running factory cans? I know parkland motorsports can barely keep hps rmk cans on the shelf for more than ten minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Polaris cans weigh a ton too..

I'd be lying to say that I bought a can for weight difference though.. I'd say most riders, any sled brand, would say the same

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a can for the noise but I am not a idiot and prove how loud my sled is in the parking lot! That's one of many nice things about the etec all cans are quiet until you pin it so you can idle around and be respectful when you need to.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Idle around and be respectful.... You know you're in the ski-doo thread right?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of the stock can on my Etec. It weighs 30lbs. I like quiet,, but I don't like 30lbs mufflers on my sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of the stock can on my Etec. It weighs 30lbs. I like quiet,, but I don't like 30lbs mufflers on my sled.

18lbs

MBRP IS 4LBS. SO 14LBS SAVINGS. SUBSTANTIAL. BUT ELECTRIC START IS 30LBS SO YOU CAN STILL BE LIGHTER THAN AN ESTART SLED WITH THE FACTORY MUFFLER

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for break i to be done before I added "The Thing" can. Reached 220km this weekend and I'm broke in enough to add the can. Got the call today from my dealer. He said wait until BRP fixes their issues or the sled will go in limp mode.
I'm assuming no one here has been thrown in limp, but rather had a temporary code pop up. I can deal with a code pop up as long as I get my ears rung.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18lbs

MBRP IS 4LBS. SO 14LBS SAVINGS. SUBSTANTIAL. BUT ELECTRIC START IS 30LBS SO YOU CAN STILL BE LIGHTER THAN AN ESTART SLED WITH THE FACTORY MUFFLER

Feels like 30lbs...lol Still about 15lbs too much and no electric start needed,,, The Etec is a 1 pull deal

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this thread makes a hun I hope I get it. Brutal..

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I have a thing can on a 13 xm and have had no troubles with codes or lights coming up at all. I have had it overrev a couple of times. Believe I need to add some pin weight to my clutch to bring the max revs down a bit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a thing can on a 13 xm and have had no troubles with codes or lights coming up at all. I have had it overrev a couple of times. Believe I need to add some pin weight to my clutch to bring the max revs down a bit.
I think they are talking about the 14's and the 13's with the new 14 flash bud.

Twacked

Reaction score
Is anyone using a specialty sleds (out of Edmonton) stinger? rode with one this weekend very quiet, 3.9 lbs and no codes.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using a specialty sleds (out of Edmonton) stinger? rode with one this weekend very quiet, 3.9 lbs and no codes.
Winter Brew recommends them. Had two on other sleds and they have very nice fit and finish.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the reflash on my 2013 xm and no codes came up. The dealer said they might...I have a thing cooker can

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom