2014 XM can issues

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just took the 2014 for a quick rip with a 2013 SLP can I had kickin around.... No codes come up!

10lbs lighter and still meets noise emission requirements.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Once more for the back row!! "THE BRAND OF CAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CODE!!!! SOME OF THEM ARE DOING IT WITH THE STOCK ONE, IT ISN'T EVEN A CODE IT'S A LIGHT.....CODES MAKE YOUR ENGINE GO INTO SAFE MODE" f sakes.

FreeRide154

Reaction score
The dealer told me to hold off installing the MBRP can until after break in. Didnt mention 'Limp Mode' but did say it would throw codes.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once more for the back row!! "THE BRAND OF CAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CODE!!!! SOME OF THEM ARE DOING IT WITH THE STOCK ONE, IT ISN'T EVEN A CODE IT'S A LIGHT.....CODES MAKE YOUR ENGINE GO INTO SAFE MODE" f sakes.

This is a non issue did it to me on its first run with MBRP can lights came on engine and temp but actual temp on gauge was mid range. Dealer told me there will be a flash but hasnt done it again since. Had her out around Rimby in blower POW today and not a hicup love this machine BRP hit it out of the park again this yr. Stealin Rene's phrase he said it last yr.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Put my HPS can on for the second day of riding on my brand new 2014 xm, it was acting a little funny on the trail ride up, would sputter and cough a bit after holding it wide open then backing off and coming back up to half throttle or so. Was a fairly cool day and I didn't notice any more problems that day, but I should note I wasn't riding too hard and taking lots of brakes so the sled wasn't getting too warm.

Day 2 with the HPS can was not so good :( ..... was a warmer day this time, sled ran terrible as soon as it got warm, basically acting like it was in limp mode but not showing any codes or check engine lights. If I let it cool down for 20 minutes it would run great again for 5 to 10 minutes then the same thing all over again.

Put the factory can back on for the next day and it didn't miss a beat all day, breaking trail in waist deep all day long.

Hope there is a re-flash coming soon as I doubt I will get my $400 back for this can.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the HPS throwing codes on the 14s?

My 2014 will not run with my HPS can on it, doesn't throw codes, but as soon as it gets warm it behaves as if it is in limp mode. I put the stock suitcase back on and it runs fine.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of complaints with the 2014 flash, my brothers 13 with the 14 flash is pizzing him off, sled did run good till the flash, check engine lite and muffler flashing across the screen, bogging, I believe he's going to try the stock can and try it, with the way he described it to me when the muffler warning came across the screen he would start loosing rpm.

Sent from my iPad using

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put my HPS can on for the second day of riding on my brand new 2014 xm, it was acting a little funny on the trail ride up, would sputter and cough a bit after holding it wide open then backing off and coming back up to half throttle or so. Was a fairly cool day and I didn't notice any more problems that day, but I should note I wasn't riding too hard and taking lots of brakes so the sled wasn't getting too warm.

Day 2 with the HPS can was not so good :( ..... was a warmer day this time, sled ran terrible as soon as it got warm, basically acting like it was in limp mode but not showing any codes or check engine lights. If I let it cool down for 20 minutes it would run great again for 5 to 10 minutes then the same thing all over again.

Put the factory can back on for the next day and it didn't miss a beat all day, breaking trail in waist deep all day long.

Hope there is a re-flash coming soon as I doubt I will get my $400 back for this can.

I was having the same issue with mine. My probe had backed out. I screwed it back in tightened it up and works great. I was having issues at home as well and it is all cleaned up now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of complaints with the 2014 flash, my brothers 13 with the 14 flash is pizzing him off, sled did run good till the flash, check engine lite and muffler flashing across the screen, bogging, I believe he's going to try the stock can and try it, with the way he described it to me when the muffler warning came across the screen he would start loosing rpm.

Sent from my iPad using

The light shouldn't have anything to do with the way the sled performs. I rode almost all day today with those lights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on 90km on Saturday with a hps can on my 14. No issues

Sent from my iPhone using

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The light shouldn't have anything to do with the way the sled performs. I rode almost all day today with those lights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

I dunno, I'm just reporting was I was told a couple of hours ago, could be a separate issue with the flash. It seems the other 13 xm in the group with the new flash was also experiencing different running habits than last year. He's running the same MBRP can as last year and the dredded ETEC bog would appear. He didn't have that problem last year.

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3- 2014s ran good all weekend with the Thing Cooker Can. No lights or anything. All 3 have 200+ km.

theprentices

Reaction score
new 2014 XM 800. put a MBRP can on and the temp and engine lite came on. switched it out for a SLP can, no problems yet 100k and counting. dealer told me yesterday that doo has a update for the can problems.

walleye101

Reaction score
new 2014 XM 800. put a MBRP can on and the temp and engine lite came on. switched it out for a SLP can, no problems yet 100k and counting. dealer told me yesterday that doo has a update for the can problems.

Did you put a new slp can on for a 2014 model? I see some guys are using the older can on 2014s and work fine also.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with mine. My probe had backed out. I screwed it back in tightened it up and works great. I was having issues at home as well and it is all cleaned up now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will try it again once my break in is done, probe seemed tight still when I put the stock can back on but maybe it needed to be tighter

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone having can issues causing check engine lights to come on, on a 2014 sled or a re flashed 2013 please contact your ski doo dealers. There is a new flash available which will cure these problems.

Thank you

Dean

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom