2014 summit 800 Etec

superduty 348

Reaction score
Re design the gas tank so u don,t have to burp it to fill it up. Stop the ice build up in the tunnel, and round the sharp edge on the reverse, other wise a great sled

One thing to add to that , how about a nice big filler cap like the cats had.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They could use a funnel. Never understood the gaping hole on the cats...

Step 1: Run out of gas
Step 2: Cup the top off a beer can, or use powerade bottle
Step 3: Reach your hand in there, scoop up some of your buddies fuel
Step 4: Ride out, and repeat as necessary.

Good system in my mind.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Step 1: Run out of gas
Step 2: Cup the top off a beer can, or use powerade bottle
Step 3: Reach your hand in there, scoop up some of your buddies fuel
Step 4: Ride out, and repeat as necessary.

Good system in my mind.

I thought it was to make it easier to dip your sock into the tank to make a fire when the DD went.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has to be possible to loose a little weight doesn't. in '08 Doo was 50 pounds lighter... Since then they have gained it all back... like so so many failed diets before it... just ask my wife! jk (not married, *lawls ;) ) Approximately 10 pounds or less of the 50 pounds was to make the chassis stronger. The rest was the track, the engine, the seat, the panels, the drive shaft etc. Also, since then poo poo has lost a few dress sizes. Seems to me they just have to add a few pounds back to the places that got too weak and they are still 40 pounds or so lighter.

go green

Reaction score
I would be nice if they put a little effort into the seat like they did on the 2012 summit X . Looks like they had some seat fabric material left over from the 2009 line up and just got rid of it .

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be nice if they put a little effort into the seat like they did on the 2012 summit X . Looks like they had some seat fabric material left over from the 2009 line up and just got rid of it .
No complaints with my seat. Fit and finish is top notch IMO. Not sure what your talking about.:confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No complaints with my seat. Fit and finish is top notch IMO. Not sure what your talking about.:confused:

The 12x had a very nice finish pattern on the top. Looked sharp and it had some other colors stiched into the sides. Looks good stock but problem was as soon as you took yor decals off the seat looked like ch!t. We ended up having the color removed from our stock seats. I would like the pattern back on the top of the seat but it would need to remain totally black

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 12x had a very nice finish pattern on the top. Looked sharp and it had some other colors stiched into the sides. Looks good stock but problem was as soon as you took yor decals off the seat looked like ch!t. We ended up having the color removed from our stock seats. I would like the pattern back on the top of the seat but it would need to remain totally black
Meh cosmetic at best. I like the look of mine.

MarkBrideau

Reaction score
I would like to see a function on the guage that marks your top RPM. Something like the Topspeed function but something you can use for setting ur weights so you dont have to be looking down to see what you're hitting when you should be looking for stumps and tree wells. I would also like to see the linq system change so that it doesnt fill with snow and ice under neath the linkage. Its hard to open and the bottom of it should be covered.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a function on the guage that marks your top RPM. Something like the Topspeed function but something you can use for setting ur weights so you dont have to be looking down to see what you're hitting when you should be looking for stumps and tree wells. I would also like to see the linq system change so that it doesnt fill with snow and ice under neath the linkage. Its hard to open and the bottom of it should be covered.

Good idea on the top rpm.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea on the top rpm.

They used to have that option available in the premium module upgrade in the PAC catalogue but they don't offer the premium module for the XM this year. Maybe next year?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a stock vent kit, lighter muffler, stronger steering post, solid billet s-module, pull cord all standard equipment. Not complaining, I love my '13 163"X!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361199642.770554.jpg

Looks like a white freeride XM on the right

Top Bottom