2014 skidoo

Vets07

Reaction score
x2 on bowridge. I have only delt with the service side at bow ridge at cochrane and they are really good.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ace 900 with fly by wire, t-motion in Freeride, new accessories like scratchers, adjustable riser, bumpers, storage attachments, not a whole lot in the mountain segment, because they did all that a year ago.

So whats all new for the 2014 models? i cant find anything besides colors this year.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is just my opinion and don't get me wrong I love my XM but I think the Doo engineers took the winter off. Perhaps they were all just sitting around patting each other on the back and congratulating each other on what a great success the XM has been. The XM is good but it still could be better. A week ago we were all speculating a 1000 E-tech, belt drive, weight loss even a heated glove box and all we get is BNGs??? The Freeride with the XM chassis is nothing suprising. Kind of what we were already expecting. Cat is claiming to have lost 18 pounds, bigger gas tank, new Fox shocks, new skid position and some other minor changes. Nothing major but some improvements. Also IMO Cat won in the BNG category. The orange/black and white/black LE's look pretty sick. Sorry Doo but you did absolutely nothing this year to make me want to sell my 13 for a 14.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The aftermarket gets the funds this summer. Maybe a little Roosterbuilt and a dab of Raptor.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014's will sell even with minor updates. The guys who buy a sled every year regardless of changes and all the people who were skeptical of the refinements from the XP chassis. 2015 should be a more significant update. I doubted the tmotion but it seems to do what it advertised and seeing people ride them I can tell that it makes them more confident riders than they were on the XP.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014's will sell even with minor updates. The guys who buy a sled every year regardless of changes and all the people who were skeptical of the refinements from the XP chassis. 2015 should be a more significant update. I doubted the tmotion but it seems to do what it advertised and seeing people ride them I can tell that it makes them more confident riders than they were on the XP.

not just more confident, flat out better riders. I watched a buddy who failed his first year on his rev falling off his sled all over, follow me this year on his xm into places he would have been screwed.

The hard part about these xm's is believeing that the sled will take you there even though it looks way out of your league.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They have done lots of minor improvements, or refinements if you will.............. Color improvements(must've been schooled by arctic cat --- could still use some improving, but the new color combos are "hot"), tuning improvements, clutching improvements, better built plasticside panels, etc, etc

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everytime you make a change on a platform you have to test it and you have to pay for it. The number crunchers do not like change every year. Cost versus benefit just doesn't make sense. Do we agree with that? No, but we don't write the cheques for R&D either.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just like the automotive industry......... manufacturer's try to run a design for 4 - 8 years with just minor improvements/refinements each year....... too bad, because they usually get a vehicle perfected, or at least close to it, by about the 3rd year, then a new model gets intro'd and the problems start all over again............. :(

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If people thought that there were going to be major changes made you're out of your mind. BRP just released a new line last year, they aren't going to revamp it again 1 year later. Next major change will probably be again in at least 3 years.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
quitcherbitchen. These selds were AMAZING last year... Now they added some really cool stuff!! the bar warmers that go into turbo mode during idle.. the break in meter... all the cool add ons now... the bar riser... the goggle bag... and a FOUR year warranty!? How is this negative at all??? You can buy a new sled... and run it the rest of the way through the XM chassis while still having bumper to bumper warranty on it! They usually release every 5 years... YOUR COVERED

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Well this is just my opinion and don't get me wrong I love my XM but I think the Doo engineers took the winter off. Perhaps they were all just sitting around patting each other on the back and congratulating each other on what a great success the XM has been. The XM is good but it still could be better. A week ago we were all speculating a 1000 E-tech, belt drive, weight loss even a heated glove box and all we get is BNGs??? The Freeride with the XM chassis is nothing suprising. Kind of what we were already expecting. Cat is claiming to have lost 18 pounds, bigger gas tank, new Fox shocks, new skid position and some other minor changes. Nothing major but some improvements. Also IMO Cat won in the BNG category. The orange/black and white/black LE's look pretty sick. Sorry Doo but you did absolutely nothing this year to make me want to sell my 13 for a 14.

There already is a heated glove box...not EVERYBODY was speculating a 1000 e-tech... just the dreamers... and WHY would you want a belt drive after all that? And there is MUCH more than BNGs... Unless your looking for an excuse why you arent buying a new one! Do some reading man... they did a GREAT job.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There already is a heated glove box...not EVERYBODY was speculating a 1000 e-tech... just the dreamers... and WHY would you want a belt drive after all that? And there is MUCH more than BNGs... Unless your looking for an excuse why you arent buying a new one! Do some reading man... they did a GREAT job.

Lol you ALMOST sounded like a salesman for a second there.... It was close...

trailrider

Reaction score
Do you know what the #s are on the bar riser are? Thanks Trailrider

quitcherbitchen. These selds were AMAZING last year... Now they added some really cool stuff!! the bar warmers that go into turbo mode during idle.. the break in meter... all the cool add ons now... the bar riser... the goggle bag... and a FOUR year warranty!? How is this negative at all??? You can buy a new sled... and run it the rest of the way through the XM chassis while still having bumper to bumper warranty on it! They usually release every 5 years... YOUR COVERED

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know what the #s are on the bar riser are? Thanks Trailrider

They are in the new accessory book on the website,

Straight bar
Adjustable length: 130 mm to 205 mm high.
Renegade Backcountry, Summit SP -
Vehicles with 165 mm or 205 mm
riserblock
860200634 · Black / Aluminum
$149.99

Tapered bar
Adjustable length: 185 mm to 250 mm high.
Summit SP -
Vehicles with 205 mm riserblock
860200972 · Black / Aluminum
$149.99
· Adjustable length: 115 mm to 175 mm high.
Summit X & Freeride -
Vehicles with 130 mm riserblock
860200973 · Black / Aluminum
$159.99

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have not been able to find a "official" list of what new things will be on the summits. Where can we find this "list" ? I would like to know what cool new stuff I am buying.... Thanks buddy

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my one beef with these summits is that stupid wind shield. I had one on my last summit and it broke off after a half a dozen roll outs. You need the short shield for mountain riding, but that would be such a dumb thing to put on a MOUNTAIN SLED!!. Windshields are for trail sleds.

Here take my $150ish bucks for the short one.

Top Bottom