2014 skidoo

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about sales. Skidoo will be on top for the 2nd year in a row in the 2014 model year. Why do they need to lighten things up? Because Polaris did?

The game, if you didn't realize, is to not to play all of your cards on one season. Poo did that and look at where that got them. You introduce a couple of new things, and keep others on a shelf for next year, or the next few.

Take 50 pounds out of the sled is better than upping the hp a modest amount to most people.

Making it more efficient can yield higher track speeds as well.

If you need 20 more hp in the trees there is too much room between those trees.

sent from a top secret location

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of us are giggling on what typical pre ride maintenance is like on a new 2013 Pro Leonard? Now that I've had my fuel nipple recall done I usually crack open a beer, grease my tippy suspension, put a cup of oil in my oil reservoir and a half a jerry can of premium fuel in the tank and give her a polish before I load it into the trailer again. Is this what you and the boys doo before every ride?

* Check driveshaft clamp for movement
* Check glue on front a arms
* Check jackshaft bearing
* Check condition of quik drive belt
* Check torque on quik drive sprocket retaining bolts
* Check drive axle bearings (NEW)
* Dump a jug of oil in oil reservoir
* Dump 40 liters of fuel in the tank
* Check Snow and Mud for any new issues reported
* Polish and load into trailer
* Finish last of flat of beer

Did I miss anything?:sadbanana:

Oh, I get it, we're still talking about the Internet riding that you guys enjoy, sorry, my mistake, I thought you were talking on the actual snow. Don't you Doo disciples that own the virtual riding arena realize that in most groups we ride our XM's right beside the Pro guys all day each weekend, same group, same hills, same meadows ? Even most Doo guys laugh when they read the same drivel from the same few guys again and again.
But real life riding keeps showing the facts. We got a lot ofXM's and Pro's in our regular group, and a lot of good tuners on both brands and the they both shine in most aspects, both have different traits and strengths, both awesome sleds. To listen to your blatant bull$hit again and again gets tiresome, either you're seeing the worst Pro's in the world or you've got the best fiction writers posting for you.
You should have a little "we are the best" convention, you can be president, might help with your sales , maxwell, self proclaimed best rider on the Planet as vice, Cuso can be a director representing the mentally challenged sector. I know there will be a few more wanna- be famous guys trying to crash, like general and Freddyw, but you guys will have to decide who to let in, like if they aren't famous and all knowing like you guys , screw em, they ain't worthy. Lol.
Talk to Tpower, he can section off a wing of his hotel and you guys can spend the weekend in your Doo Jammie's drinking the doolaid and practicing your secret handshakes, and taking off your sno-flaps and windshields, oh and telling how you whopped up on those Cats and Poo's, they're so lame. LOL.
I love the logic also, we have 160 Hp and 16 inch track , we r supreme, the sad sack Pro only has 145 HP and a measly 15 in track , lame-o, and we can beat it, ....... Well sometimes, sort of, well we did once so that means it will always be so.

Reality , a place some of you guys should visit sometime !!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, I get it, we're still talking about the Internet riding that you guys enjoy, sorry, my mistake, I thought you were talking on the actual snow. Don't you Doo disciples that own the virtual riding arena realize that in most groups we ride our XM's right beside the Pro guys all day each weekend, same group, same hills, same meadows ? Even most Doo guys laugh when they read the same drivel from the same few guys again and again.
But real life riding keeps showing the facts. We got a lot ofXM's and Pro's in our regular group, and a lot of good tuners on both brands and the they both shine in most aspects, both have different traits and strengths, both awesome sleds. To listen to your blatant bull$hit again and again gets tiresome, either you're seeing the worst Pro's in the world or you've got the best fiction writers posting for you.
You should have a little "we are the best" convention, you can be president, might help with your sales , maxwell, self proclaimed best rider on the Planet as vice, Cuso can be a director representing the mentally challenged sector. I know there will be a few more wanna- be famous guys trying to crash, like general and Freddyw, but you guys will have to decide who to let in, like if they aren't famous and all knowing like you guys , screw em, they ain't worthy. Lol.
Talk to Tpower, he can section off a wing of his hotel and you guys can spend the weekend in your Doo Jammie's drinking the doolaid and practicing your secret handshakes, and taking off your sno-flaps and windshields, oh and telling how you whopped up on those Cats and Poo's, they're so lame. LOL.
I love the logic also, we have 160 Hp and 16 inch track , we r supreme, the sad sack Pro only has 145 HP and a measly 15 in track , lame-o, and we can beat it, ....... Well sometimes, sort of, well we did once so that means it will always be so.

you are everything I love about the internet. fawk your reality :Happy4:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weak...the last fighting soldier... kinda sad isn't it?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about sales. Skidoo will be on top for the 2nd year in a row in the 2014 model year. Why do they need to lighten things up? Because Polaris did?

The game, if you didn't realize, is to not to play all of your cards on one season. Poo did that and look at where that got them. You introduce a couple of new things, and keep others on a shelf for next year, or the next few.

CUSO, do you have a link that shows Doo's sales dominance in the mountain segment for 2013. I posted links for the Pro's sales dominance in 11/12, but have been unable to find figures for the 13's.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

EXACTLY. Why do think Apple is so successful in selling phones, etc? Same idea.

I'm on my second Polaris, BUT having ridden with a 13' SP and 12 X over the weekend...I'd go BRP next sled. It will interesting to see how Poo patches up the issues with the 13' Pro if they do. Certainly playing catch up.

A four year warranty is enough to patch me over. That's pretty unreal.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Geeeez Leonard. I was just responding to your post.............................on the Skidoo 2014 thread. But thanks for caring enough to get back to me. I have to say I 'm flattered you picked me for president. It means alot to me. :wtg:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't say mountain. They claimed 40% of sled sales in 2013 in their release.

CUSO, do you have a link that shows Doo's sales dominance in the mountain segment for 2013. I posted links for the Pro's sales dominance in 11/12, but have been unable to find figures for the 13's.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't say mountain. They claimed 40% of sled sales in 2013 in their release.

Fair enough, but here we're only concerned about sales of mountain sleds. The Pro RMK was the #1 selling model across all lines for 11/12. I'm just curious if the XM took that honor for '13.

donnie

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, just put tap out, monster or 509 on the thing already. Its obviously marketed towards a impresionable crowd. No time to read the 234 other posts, sorry.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too, I will keep my eye peeled. Someone should know.

Fair enough, but here we're only concerned about sales of mountain sleds. The Pro RMK was the #1 selling model across all lines for 11/12. I'm just curious if the XM took that honor for '13.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All the stats should be out for the 2013 calender year shortly HV. Brp is still #1 in total sales worldwide. All the Pro's are sold out and so are the XM's this year. I don't expect a big change from last year. If it makes you feel good our dealership had well over 40% market share for our 50 mile radius. That takes in 2 Poo dealers, 1 Cat and 1 Yamaha. But we are not a large market area. Lol.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are everything I love about the internet. fawk your reality :Happy4:

Aww, sorry Teeroy, didn't mean to leave you out. Maybe they'll let you be a director also, maybe director of ancient XP tanks and trail riders division, LOL.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aww, sorry Teeroy, didn't mean to leave you out. Maybe they'll let you be a director also, maybe director of ancient XP tanks and trail riders division, LOL.
oh, that makes me feel better! thanks Lenny! I am the president of our local ASA club, I feel that I may be capable of handling the trail aspect of the 'doo distinct society....thanks for your vote of confidence!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No malice intended with my previous posts. I'm just curious about the total sales in the only market I care about. Xm is definitely a huge improvement from the XP and I'm curious how that translated into sales vs the Pro.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No malice intended with my previous posts. I'm just curious about the total sales in the only market I care about. Xm is definitely a huge improvement from the XP and I'm curious how that translated into sales vs the Pro.

No malice taken with me HV.:cool::beer::beer:

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeeez Leonard. I was just responding to your post.............................on the Skidoo 2014 thread. But thanks for caring enough to get back to me. I have to say I 'm flattered you picked me for president. It means alot to me. :wtg:
I can picture you now in downtown Milo on the 2nd floor of the elevator demanding answers on all the S&M questions.

Top Bottom