BRP cutting production on sleds.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should have spent less on the fancy building... I'm sure BRP will end up buying them out, it's basically a G4 under the panels.
BRP invested hundreds of millions in electric, and already has their own Grand Touring and Expedition sleds that are electric, they don't need Taiga, they are miles ahead of them. BRP is trying to release electric versions of all their vehicles by 2026. I'm sure they've seen the future while lobbying the govt, and they will eventually make most things electric.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should have spent less on the fancy building... I'm sure BRP will end up buying them out, it's basically a G4 under the panels.

Some dick head needs a fancy office to feel important. There is no way they could lose 120 million of other peoples money in 2 years in a lesser building....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Concrete proof it’s a shitty winter. Between my Alberta Sled and BC Sled I still have this much oil left. ! That never happens. Now I know how cat guys feel. Using 2 jugs all season lol

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpeg
    IMG_5013.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 78

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into buying the grown man sized jugs?
Like Maxi says. Buy three get one free in October at Martin’s is cheaper than the giant jug. Once a year, I leave Martins with a dolly full of oil. This year coming I won’t have to. Prepaid for next year.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP invested hundreds of millions in electric, and already has their own Grand Touring and Expedition sleds that are electric, they don't need Taiga, they are miles ahead of them. BRP is trying to release electric versions of all their vehicles by 2026. I'm sure they've seen the future while lobbying the govt, and they will eventually make most things electric.

Large OEMs are pulling back on Ev's ...only a matter of time before the gov't trough runs dry and mandates are back peddled (next election) ...
No one is "miles ahead" until there's a major upgrade in battery tech - no biggie to strap an electric motor in any vehicle but powering it is a different matter .. highway vehicles are easier because you have regen and scale ...sleds, boats, planes are entirely different

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they could have designed a poorer oil container than the large jug.

Agreed, I just wish we could actually buy bulk and get a proper discount for doing so. The larger volumes formats from BRP are actually more money than the individual jugs once shipping is factored in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way less spillage with the 4 liter jugs than those big ones that hat are designed poorly

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 205 litres drums are still the cheapest have to order them mid summer
and there great for storing diesel in afterwards

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they could have designed a poorer oil container than the large jug.

Agreed, I just wish we could actually buy bulk and get a proper discount for doing so. The larger volumes formats from BRP are actually more money than the individual jugs once shipping is factored in.

There is a spout/valve for them similar to what you use on a camping water jug. Dealer gave me one for free. When I open a fresh one, I fill a 1gal for the truck and the 2L oil decanter I use in the shop. Pretty easy to pour directly after that.
I'm referring to the 5g/18L jugs. The cheapest I can get and the way I buy. At least you have a heavy duty reusable container after.
Agreed with the pricing. Looked into a drum a couple years ago. More expensive. 🤨

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Certainly they were beat up at 6000-7000' in our riding group. Maybe not high enough for you though?
Ummmm....well I was on an Axys 800 165 N/A Mountain Magic sled that I had Ken build for me; I also rode with Ken and his guys. It worked very well. We had 3 guys in that group scoop up the 2020.5 turbos as soon as they were released. I am not embarrassed to admit that when we lined them up at the bottom of a hill those factory turbos laid the smack down on that Jaws N/A of mine. Every damn time. No exceptions. Unfortunately I got to watch them disappearing up that hill in front of me time after time. It's ok to be brand loyal; but I am not so I have nothing to hide here. Is an Expert 850 N/A gonna beat up an 850 Boost?? Not a damn chance. If it's a rider skill involved test that's not a test of the sled so maybe that's where an N/A with a great rider can beat up on a boosted sled. But not a straight pull up a hill....I ate alot of snowdust proving that.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm....well I was on an Axys 800 165 N/A Mountain Magic sled that I had Ken build for me; I also rode with Ken and his guys. It worked very well. We had 3 guys in that group scoop up the 2020.5 turbos as soon as they were released. I am not embarrassed to admit that when we lined them up at the bottom of a hill those factory turbos laid the smack down on that Jaws N/A of mine. Every damn time. No exceptions. Unfortunately I got to watch them disappearing up that hill in front of me time after time. It's ok to be brand loyal; but I am not so I have nothing to hide here. Is an Expert 850 N/A gonna beat up an 850 Boost?? Not a damn chance. If it's a rider skill involved test that's not a test of the sled so maybe that's where an N/A with a great rider can beat up on a boosted sled. But not a straight pull up a hill....I ate alot of snowdust proving that.
Exact opposite happened in a steep cutblock at about 6500 ft. All 3 NA Axys beat the G4 Turbo up the hill with about 1ft of fresh. My buddy on the G4 said he wasted an extra $4000 getting the turbo. Maybe in a long race it would have been able to stretch its legs?? Although this also happened on a longer lake race but I'm told they are slow if they don't get loaded enough?? The G5 seems to be much faster for sure. I wouldn't be surprized if factory clutching was part of the reason it was so slow.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock sled beats turbo sled at elevation.... i have so much to say that will get me banned from this site!

holy phuk

Teth-Air rides in a magical dream land where everything is opposite to what everyone else sees. Id like to ride there sometime. I think its down by nelson, must be really HIGH if you know what im saying

Last edited:
Top Bottom