BRP cutting production on sleds.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G4 to G5 apples to oranges comparison, there is only one G4 turbo on this site that I am aware of that will lay a good spanking on a factory G5, and thats shredders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be 2 here pretty quick. Think thats what im getting for next season.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teth-Air rides in a magical dream land where everything is opposite to what everyone else sees. Id like to ride there sometime. I think its down by nelson, must be really HIGH if you know what im saying
Is it not possible that some did not perform? Even the NA Doo beat that G4 turbo in a race across the lake. I know it shouldn't but it did.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it not possible that some did not perform? Even the NA Doo beat that G4 turbo in a race across the lake. I know it shouldn't but it did.
pretty probable the turbo doo was wounded. Or the world wide web would have exploded if stock NA Polaris sleds beat up on turbo doo's. Even the turbo Polaris cant beat up on them. :skidoo:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty probable the turbo doo was wounded. Or the world wide web would have exploded if stock NA Polaris sleds beat up on turbo doo's. Even the turbo Polaris cant beat up on them. :skidoo:
A Boost can't beat a stock G4 turbo? I don't even think Maxwell would lie that much.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Boost can't beat a stock G4 turbo? I don't even think Maxwell would lie that much.
Put 2 great riders on stock 2022 165 turbo, and stock 2022165 boost. 2-3ft of powder with the same terrain, there will be very little difference. The only advantage is doo has a better track. (like until the paddles fly off).

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no it cant, in factory form the g4turbo out performs the boost in factory configuration. Not by much, but it does consistently. We proved that many times. Throw a good track and a bit of clutching at the boost and its a different story

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the way the doos are setup, g5 included is they cant drag race worth a Fk. Not sure why but 3 feet of snow on an incline its a totally different animal. Needs to be loaded or the turbo doesnt even build boost. Its like an NA drag racing on a lake.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 2 great riders on stock 2022 165 turbo, and stock 2022165 boost. 2-3ft of powder with the same terrain, there will be very little difference. The only advantage is doo has a better track. (like until the paddles fly off).
If it is the track that is holding the Boost back, maybe? Although I have a 24 Boost with a 3.25" track and it is animal compared to any stock sled from 2022.
the way the doos are setup, g5 included is they cant drag race worth a Fk. Not sure why but 3 feet of snow on an incline its a totally different animal. Needs to be loaded or the turbo doesnt even build boost. Its like an NA drag racing on a lake.
Thank you for for saying something that makes sense of what I have seen on more than one occasion.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can a person imagine the size of the battery too get a 150 or 200 hp sled up the mountain little lone the weight of the beast... lol

2000 + lbs of Bohemus coming up the trails near you...

Hopefully make it too the cabin and back

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exact opposite happened in a steep cutblock at about 6500 ft. All 3 NA Axys beat the G4 Turbo up the hill with about 1ft of fresh. My buddy on the G4 said he wasted an extra $4000 getting the turbo. Maybe in a long race it would have been able to stretch its legs?? Although this also happened on a longer lake race but I'm told they are slow if they don't get loaded enough?? The G5 seems to be much faster for sure. I wouldn't be surprized if factory clutching was part of the reason it was so slow.
Tell him to push the little flipper, the one on the right handlebar closer to the bar and see what happens

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is the track that is holding the Boost back, maybe? Although I have a 24 Boost with a 3.25" track and it is animal compared to any stock sled from 2022.

Thank you for for saying something that makes sense of what I have seen on more than one occasion.

The 3.25 works very well. It’s the only track that competes with the doo track in the deep. Makes the 9r and the boost work much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exact opposite happened in a steep cutblock at about 6500 ft. All 3 NA Axys beat the G4 Turbo up the hill with about 1ft of fresh. My buddy on the G4 said he wasted an extra $4000 getting the turbo. Maybe in a long race it would have been able to stretch its legs?? Although this also happened on a longer lake race but I'm told they are slow if they don't get loaded enough?? The G5 seems to be much faster for sure. I wouldn't be surprized if factory clutching was part of the reason it was so slow
Something weird for sure. My Axys was far from stock. It was the one that Arctix FX wrapped at the Edmonton sled show.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G4 to G5 apples to oranges comparison, there is only one G4 turbo on this site that I am aware of that will lay a good spanking on a factory G5, and thats shredders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanx Matt. The old girl still gets itself around ok. :gossip:

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy here in lake country has them on his acreage most falls if not to wet on his fields

Top Bottom