2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

COLBEE

Reaction score
Heading up to vale this weekend, would like to try something new, always heard of oasis but never been in there before, anyone know where it is or how to get in there? What is it like?

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up to vale this weekend, would like to try something new, always heard of oasis but never been in there before, anyone know where it is or how to get in there? What is it like?

I've also never been and always wanted to go. The general consensus I've heard is you should have decent riding skills, good backcountry skills and preparedness, and go with someone who knows the area as the terrain is pretty gnarly. I am probably going to look into a guide the first time I go there, and I would advise you to do the same.

wildman

Reaction score

Not for the inexperienced. If you do go, do it on a clear day.

jmc450r

Reaction score
Can anyone let us that wanna ride oasis where the staging area/parking lot is not very familiar with the area. Thanks

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure it's the next right past Allen creek accross the bridge but I don't think anyone has been in there yet..... Needs more snow awesome spring ride... Or take some spare a arms with your crew.... I think it's way to early for Oasis but been wrong before......

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends out on the hill today reported upwards of 45cm of new up Chappell. Sounds like there was more snow in the valley bottom at Allen and Clemina as there is upwards of 30cm in the staging areas alone. Still trickling down so never know.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, as mentioned above.....the snow is good with varying amounts in the alpine up to 50cm.

Temperatures are staying below freezing ad it looks to be beginning to snow again

Top Bottom