2013 Ford Diesel Owners, Issues with Eurea?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotboost;16818 Ok I'll play your silly little game... Why not?[/QUOTE said:
Its no game i had an 05 dodge cummins it was the biggest piece of chit i ever owned The truck never seen gravel but i had to put in a new front end i blew the engine tranny started to slip the turbo went and on and on i never once left the house on a trip and made it back on its own steam it was like an argo haha Thank god for ama and the fan fell off haha I think i replaced every thing but the mirror here is a pic of it so i traded it off in 09 they gave me $10000 for it i was so happy that i didn't half to pay someone to take it and i been with ford ever since best move i have made both of my ford's have ran flawless even pulling 20000 pounds :smilieicon_ford:

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 193

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This urea thing was a problem for GM the first run and not a problem on the Fords as they had it thought out for cold weather. As stated the urea is great as i have a 2012 GM and 50000kms with not one problem.
Owned Fords for 20 years and other than the interior i have to say i really like the GM truck. The new Ford's have came along way with the Diesel.
The urea is great as no smell and milage is good.
Dodge needs to quite beating that drum about not having it and get with the times. Better power and mileage with it.

Dont want to start a pissing match but the use of urea is a good thing... way less EGR circulating, to achieve the same result at the tailpipe.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This urea thing was a problem for GM the first run and not a problem on the Fords as they had it thought out for cold weather. As stated the urea is great as i have a 2012 GM and 50000kms with not one problem.
Owned Fords for 20 years and other than the interior i have to say i really like the GM truck. The new Ford's have came along way with the Diesel.
Dodge needs to quite beating that drum about not having it and get with the times. Better power and mileage with it.

Ram has it for 2013...

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its no game i had an 05 dodge cummins it was the biggest piece of chit i ever owned The truck never seen gravel but i had to put in a new front end i blew the engine tranny started to slip the turbo went and on and on i never once left the house on a trip and made it back on its own steam it was like an argo haha Thank god for ama and the fan fell off haha I think i replaced every thing but the mirror here is a pic of it so i traded it off in 09 they gave me $10000 for it i was so happy that i didn't half to pay someone to take it and i been with ford ever since best move i have made both of my ford's have ran flawless even pulling 20000 pounds :smilieicon_ford:

Funny i had a dodge once to it was the biggest hunk of ch!t i ever owned .

And I can tell ya both a long winded story about a close friend of mine who had a Ford, which was the biggest POS he EVER had, and made him go BACK to Dodge!! A very true story, but I'm not....because it doesn't matter and this is NOT a pizzing match!! LMAO:p:beer::rolleyes:

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
We all have stories about some brand that is the biggest pile but some of us realize that and don't spew off about their personal experience as if that is the law.

I was only trying to shamelessly Hijack a Ford thread and sell a truck jeez gimme a break.

By the way you might not know this but 40% of the diesel heavy duty trucks registered on the road today in North America are Dodge pieces of crap... That's why we say they are the longest lasting HD truck.

That leaves 60% for the other two manufacturers to squabble over.

Oh chit I did it again.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all have stories about some brand that is the biggest pile but some of us realize that and don't spew off about their personal experience as if that is the law.

I was only trying to shamelessly Hijack a Ford thread and sell a truck jeez gimme a break.

By the way you might not know this but 40% of the diesel heavy duty trucks registered on the road today in North America are Dodge pieces of crap... That's why we say they are the longest lasting HD truck.

Oh chit I did it again.

That makes sense....there's a sh!tload of farmers in the country.

van isle

Reaction score

Oh chit I did it again.

I woud like to see where you got those stats from?

Reactions: win

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic but whatever I still have some 2012 Ram 3500's that are at wicked prices. No Urea system. PM for quote on Ram before you go Ford again.

Stopped by and drove a couple of Dodge trucks, much nicer than our old shop truck.....which was a basic lumber wagon!

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[Dodge needs to quite beating that drum about not having it and get with the times. Better power and mileage with it.}

Its here in the '13's.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I woud like to see where you got those stats from?

He's a salesman, he got it from his ass. They can have the cummins. The rest of the truck around that motor sucks. The 6.4 is a great motor and is the easiest to get a 500 hp daily driver. I've heard just as many guys complain about dodge as I have every other brand out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
He's a salesman, he got it from his ass. They can have the cummins. The rest of the truck around that motor sucks. The 6.4 is a great motor and is the easiest to get a 500 hp daily driver. I've heard just as many guys complain about dodge as I have every other brand out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did overstate quite a bit... I can't get the backup to the claim. Serves me right for repeating propaganda that I hear but...

Here are some real numbers... propaganda still, but the claim's I made were not totally unfounded.

Ram trucks do not "suck". In fact just looking at these numbers alone would suggest that they are the opposite of "suck". Or that if Ram trucks "suck" then conversely both Ford and G.M. would rate lower than "suck". Not sure what lower than "suck" is. But based on R.L. Polk info in Canada. Dodge Ram trucks are on top of the "suck" heap. They last longer. That to me means they "suck" less. That was my point.

Let the pissing and moaning begin! (that came from my ass)

Scan 3.jpg

cedarpoint

Reaction score
there cheap to buy thats why theres more . put them dodges in the oil patch and you see how junkie they are there junk .. anything can go to town a haul a bag of safeway groceries home

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back on topic... i have been able to find urea in any petro can and petro pass i have gone to, flying js have them as well.

not sure the ford but my chevy uses about 2.5 galons every 6000-7000 kms. 2.5 galons is about $15-$20 at the truck stops. you can probably get a better deal at a parts place

also urea has a shelf life of 2 years so if you dont put that many miles on the truck then let the tank empty out before you add more, dont keep the tank full. a lot of guys have issues if they keep topping the tank up, old gets mixed with the new and you might get a def quality poor message, then the entire system may have to flushed and reset

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen 2/3 of a jug of windshield washer fluid go in a tank of urea and no problems resulted. 2011 F350

Top Bottom