2013 E tec motor

xp val

Reaction score
I just got mine back from dealer but they cant figure out what is wrong with it! They put new spark plugs and did a rave valve recall that not supposed to be done till 5000 kms but I told them just to do it now maybe it will make a difference anyways Im going to try it this weekend and see how it performs!
They also said they have another xm doing the same as mine where it cuts out after about 15 seconds of WOT and they cant seem to figure out whats wrong with that one either!

Get your dealer to check exhaust probe,or you can do this yourself. Make sure it's clean....
after a complete top end rebuild my sled still had the same issue,I ran an MBRP can and the tube that the sensor screws into is to long and it starts to get plugged up thus it will change the readings from the sensor....
i put the stock can on and the thing ran like an raped ape,

xp val

Reaction score
Hey
I have a 2013 summit Xm 163, it's got 2100km on it now. Out 2weeks ago riding in revy and started to lose power at WOT, midrange was great but soon as I applied full throttle it would stumble,thought it was bad fuel at first.Managed to limp it back under its own power and called it a weekend. Took it to dealer,they couldn't figure out what was going on till they took the rave valves out and had a look. PTO side piston scratched up pretty good,although I have not seen this myself,just some pics that where sent to me.
i run nothing but SKI DOO oil and good fuel,mostly Petro can. Any ideas as to what would cause this,has anyone had this problem and is it common.

thank you for your input

Get your dealer to check exhaust probe,or you can do this yourself. Make sure it's clean....
after a complete top end rebuild my sled still had the same issue,I ran an MBRP can and the tube that the sensor screws into is to long and it starts to get plugged up thus it will change the readings from the sensor....

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im running the stock exhaust! Can it still be a issue or is that just with the mbrp can?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running the stock exhaust! Can it still be a issue or is that just with the mbrp can?
That problem will only happen with the MBRP can that year specifically. BRP actually came out with a flash for guys running the can to help them out.

Top Bottom