2012 Sleds - Sneak Peek - Edmonton

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went as well,very very glad i did...personally i don't care for the looks of the new Cat,as Mare said the cluster brackets are very cheap,i dunno the weight on the m8 but they do fell a bit heavy compared to Doo and Poo_On the up side i did get to see the New Polaris Assault 155 i snow checked,very impressed with it,summer will be a long wait....Looked at the new Doo's as well almost fell over when the guy said "154 Freestyle $15,300 plus tax"

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know what XP stands for don't yah? Xtra Pricy. Doo is falling behind IMO, especially on pricing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know what XP stands for don't yah? Xtra Pricy. Doo is falling behind IMO, especially on pricing.

I agree with you that pricing is getting up there however technology doesn't come cheap. Comparing the sleds, Doo is into it's 5th year on the XP platform. The other guys (800's) are just now catching us with first year platforms. What's gonna happen in '13 when "BAZINGA" we lay down another smackdown like we did back in 08'? It's much easier to play with a lead than catchup IMO. :):beer:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Cat looked to get alot of views.... I had a good hug for the 800 163 poo ! :):beer:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that pricing is getting up there however technology doesn't come cheap. Comparing the sleds, Doo is into it's 5th year on the XP platform. The other guys (800's) are just now catching us with first year platforms. What's gonna happen in '13 when "BAZINGA" we lay down another smackdown like we did back in 08'? It's much easier to play with a lead than catchup IMO. :):beer:

BAZINGA, ....really, no really?:nono:

Now he's passing himself off as a g&y intellectual, what's doo's next "Big Bang"

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't think their gonna sit on their hands for 2013 do you? Look back over the years, big changes every 5 years. It's like clockwork. :d:beer::beer:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like sittin on their hands for 2012.

You bet! they'll never give up trying!

What year was it when the Poo trailing arm patent run out, and then Doo had one too?

Ever since then, the Dollar's been down,
What will they 'doo' now that the tables have been turned around?

Oh Crap, there's an election apon us, more promises to hold up the "motherland"

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, its part of doo's history.

Having memory problems already?

Doo had trailing arms on their race sleds way back in 78' Are you telling me that Polaris's patent had run out in 77'?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There we go! Now the old synapses are firing! Who said apple IIe's were dead?

Back to the original beef here; Just saying it'll be interesting to see how doo will fair the rising dollar?

Think about it they've had a good resurrection since the F/S body, and yes I'll give credit where credit is due, some great aggressive marketing early on, with a good product has brought them to where they are today.

So again Snopro, what's the next "Big Bang" that the general public will have to wait for two years to see?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not privy to that information anymore but I'm sure we will back to lightest in class for the mountain segment. I would expect you will see a significant horsepower increase from Rotax or maybe Aerocharger? They are after all helping that company work with the ETEC. You got any idea's where you would like your tax dollars to go. lol.

I'm still confused where you were headed with the patent thing?I'm not arguing that Polaris wasn't the first company to put IFS on a production sled but patents do run longer than the time frame you are talking about.:)

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not privy to that information anymore but I'm sure we will back to lightest in class for the mountain segment. I would expect you will see a significant horsepower increase from Rotax or maybe Aerocharger? They are after all helping that company work with the ETEC. You got any idea's where you would like your tax dollars to go. lol.

I'm still confused where you were headed with the patent thing?I'm not arguing that Polaris wasn't the first company to put IFS on a production sled but patents do run longer than the time frame you are talking about.:)

If your a big doo guy why is your name SnoPro? Just asking

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

polaris fans can thank doo for infringing on their coupling patent in early 2000....otherwise they would have had to wait for PERC like cat did....lol

Top Bottom