2012 skidoo snowcheck edmonton

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm going to snow check a 163 summit X e-tec and just wondering what people are getting them for and what dealer around edmonton?

thanks

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Call Roger at Wetaskiwin Motorsports, 780-352-5408. Really good guys to deal with, and I'm sure their price will be in line with any other dealers.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont really think BRP allows dealers to undercut each other with the price of the machine, so if martin wants to throw in a life saving device that we should all have, sounds like a no brainer to me

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I dont really think BRP allows dealers to undercut each other with the price of the machine, so if martin wants to throw in a life saving device that we should all have, sounds like a no brainer to me

Its a great idea, although I called around and have my sled snowchecked in red deer. I pay the price of the sled, half the freight and tax and thats it, total cost. $14,324.00 (all I got was a free belt). Martins is charging full freight on their machines its a touch over $15,000 and that is how they can afford to give everyone a back pack. (again its a great idea i'm not complaining).
Just was curious how they were working the system to afford all the packs is all.

thanks
Kelly

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a quick side question. How does it work that the only canadian sled company has the most expensive sleds on the market for the local canadians?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, and not everyone searches dealers all across the province looking for the best deal, its alright if you want to travel, but sometime paying that touch extra for the convenience is nice, and having a local dealer to get that discount on all the yr long purchases. by no means would martin take a loss at giving away packs, so they are making up that cost somewhere. lots of guys have trouble droppin another 1000 bucks after they bought the sled, so getting it "free" works out good. when I bought my sled, i got the 1000 off and the 3 yr warranty, dealer didnt throw in anything that would of come out of their pocket.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a great idea, although I called around and have my sled snowchecked in red deer. I pay the price of the sled, half the freight and tax and thats it, total cost. $14,324.00 (all I got was a free belt). Martins is charging full freight on their machines its a touch over $15,000 and that is how they can afford to give everyone a back pack. (again its a great idea i'm not complaining).
Just was curious how they were working the system to afford all the packs is all.

thanks
Kelly

LOL

ok.

so its a 1000$ pack.

that puts me in edmonton 300$ ahead. and congratulations on your savings.

now for me to drive to reddeer for pickup and any warranty/service issues over the next 3 years of the warranty...

well that eats up alot of money FAST. in fact i drove to reddeer in back in a dodge ram 2500 a few weeks ago and it was 150$ round trip. not to mention 3 hours ill never get back

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you are correct, all the dealers will be within a few hundred on price. thats the purpose of the snowchecking. if buddy is selling for 1000 less guess whos getting all the snowchecks in canada!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks
Kelly

I was just quoted pretty much the same price 14300 out the door with 3 yr engine warranty and no backpack....Martin's price was 15219.75 out the door with a backpack but only 2 yr engine warranty. I will put the $900 in my pocket as I already have the backpack and I will gladly take the 3rd yr engine warranty.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

ok.

so its a 1000$ pack.

that puts me in edmonton 300$ ahead. and congratulations on your savings.

now for me to drive to reddeer for pickup and any warranty/service issues over the next 3 years of the warranty...

well that eats up alot of money FAST. in fact i drove to reddeer in back in a dodge ram 2500 a few weeks ago and it was 150$ round trip. not to mention 3 hours ill never get back

I dont like getting in a pizzing contest with anyone! But if one dealer has a price of 15250 OTD with a 1000 backpack with a 2Yr warrenty(-500)

and one dealer has a price of 14300 OTD with a 3YR

Which ones cheaper and by how much?

14750OTD 3yr if you factor in the 500 Dollars it cost for the 3rd yr warrenty.

But you still have to factor in your time and gas to get it else where.

I have a crazy cheap price but thats no one elses buisiness. and a Multi Sled Purchase.

Lets just say Someone would get in trouble so ill keep my mouth shut.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a quick side question. How does it work that the only canadian sled company has the most expensive sleds on the market for the local canadians?

Glen i thought you worked in the snowmobile world,if you are asking that question seriously, i gave you to much credit.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats like asking a why was there more skidoos sold in the ststes than canada?

Top Bottom