2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup this was on our way down at about 4:30 yesterday near the valley bottom, our tracks from 10:30 going up were completely covered

Sent from a iPhone

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great snow all weekend but visibility was terrible. Played in the trees all day Friday and Saturday. Dug a snow pit on Saturday just below the cabin at Allan creek. Pics are posted in the avalanche awareness thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 572

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis hope you got that new pole in time for the weekend if so how'd it work for you ?

Hey BB thanks again. Havent hit the greyhound yet to pick it up. super busy weekend, but will be rocking this weekend for sure. Lots of interest in the camera angle, so i bet hardoncameramounts@hotmail.com has been getting some messages

tmurphy

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm heading to Valemount this weekend with a group. I'm getting there Thursday (Mar.7th) morning and the rest of the group aren't arriving until Thursday night. I'm looking for someone to ride with on Thursday. Let me know if I can tag along with someone on Thursday. Thanks.

Thunder101

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm heading to Valemount this weekend with a group. I'm getting there Thursday (Mar.7th) morning and the rest of the group aren't arriving until Thursday night. I'm looking for someone to ride with on Thursday. Let me know if I can tag along with someone on Thursday. Thanks.
Our plan is to stay over night in edson and leave there thurs AM to arrive in Vale and ride Thursday

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least you gave your buddy a hand getting out

I did, I went back down and circled back up and parked closer. I didnt want to walk that far haha. Even forgot to turn my helmet cam off while i did it. It sucks getting unstuck by yourself so I always try to help when I can.

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im wondering if there is a light sensor in that red flashing light area. and if its filled with snow it wouldnt be able to adjust.

Hmmm Ive had some very clear days with no snow on the thing and the camera could not handle the sun. I think it has to do with the angle that the sun is hitting the camera at, although I really know nothing...lol

Top Bottom