2011 starting issues

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '11 snow pro, and every time I ride the sled for multiple days in a row on the second day the sled will not start. I always have to pull the plugs and "hot start" the damn thing because it is flooded !!!!! It has really turned into a big pain in the Azz !! Is anyone else experiencing this at all ? Any suggestions on why it is happening and how to correct this issue would be appreciated..
It does want to fire on the first or second pull for about a split second and that is it. Really starting to pizz me off huge !!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds fawked fer a new sled, bring it to the dealer and let them figure it and cover under warranty, instead of pulling ur hair out and bein pizzed all the time. No need for headaches like that when itll be covered.

Sounds electrical cause it shouldnt be flooding with the efi

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds fawked fer a new sled, bring it to the dealer and let them figure it and cover under warranty, instead of pulling ur hair out and bein pizzed all the time. No need for headaches like that when itll be covered.

Sounds electrical cause it shouldnt be flooding with the efi

That's the chitty thing. Just took it to the dealer for the 500 km check over and they said everything is good !! Pulled the plugs pulled it over a 1/2 a dozen times and put new plugs in and still did not fire. We ended up pulling the plugs 4 times before it started!!! What a b!tch, especially when you have to pull the pipe to get a the plugs

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be electrical. It is snug but u shouldnt have to pull the pipe to pull the plugs, ive never had too.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was a little troublesome starting on cold days, flooded and wouldn't start for 20-30 mins, now I pull it over with the kill switch on 3 or 4 times before I actually try to start it and haven't had a problem since, -30 this past week and started easy every time, might help, who knows?

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happened to me a couple times until I realized i'm loading up with fuel on the trail down then shutting off the machine. Since then I make sure to open the throttle for a bit once I get down and before I load her up. been a-ok since.

mdwils

Reaction score
Mine was a little troublesome starting on cold days, flooded and wouldn't start for 20-30 mins, now I pull it over with the kill switch on 3 or 4 times before I actually try to start it and haven't had a problem since, -30 this past week and started easy every time, might help, who knows?

That definately works.

Do you guys find that the 800's run too rich at idle for any amount of time. It doesnt take mine long at idle before its loaded right up.

Stantheman

Reaction score
Only issues I have had with the 800 H.O. and the 1000 was when starting it when the sled has been outside overnight at -20 or lower. Engine is really difficult to pull over at this point and when pulling it over slow as ch!t a bunch of times it floods. The issue is worse with the 1000. Began to pull it over a bunch of times with the key off, seems to work well becasue when you finally turn the key on you can actually rip on it good.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That definately works.

Do you guys find that the 800's run too rich at idle for any amount of time. It doesnt take mine long at idle before its loaded right up.

Yup, took a couple rides to figure that out on mine too. Load it up after a good burn so the fuel is spent. hope that solves the problem, it did for me.

I spent family day riding around a low altitude with my son on his mini z. Needless to say i was trying to idle all day. She bogged on the throttle, was hard starting twice, and even backfired on startup. They like to run hard, not idle or putt putt.

it was fun anyway.

182677_10150156460157177_721012176_8561169_6382129_n.jpg

mdwils

Reaction score
Yup, took a couple rides to figure that out on mine too. Load it up after a good burn so the fuel is spent. hope that solves the problem, it did for me.

I spent family day riding around a low altitude with my son on his mini z. Needless to say i was trying to idle all day. She bogged on the throttle, was hard starting twice, and even backfired on startup. They like to run hard, not idle or putt putt.

it was fun anyway.

182677_10150156460157177_721012176_8561169_6382129_n.jpg

Hahaha,
that's awesome

sakoboomer

Reaction score
Having the same problem with my 09 800 Dragon! Still trying to figure it out. I think it is the injectors!

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '11 snow pro, and every time I ride the sled for multiple days in a row on the second day the sled will not start. I always have to pull the plugs and "hot start" the damn thing because it is flooded !!!!! It has really turned into a big pain in the Azz !! Is anyone else experiencing this at all ? Any suggestions on why it is happening and how to correct this issue would be appreciated..
It does want to fire on the first or second pull for about a split second and that is it. Really starting to pizz me off huge !!!

Had the same on my 011 started squeezing the throttle a little while i pull and have never looked back , yeah i know its fuel injected but was getting no answers from the dealer and now always starts first pull. on a good note around 350 miles on her my low end bog is gone and and wow did this thing wake up. Just read some other comments, mine was hard to start when hot

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure the oil pump is returning fully when off the throttle. Some guys have shortened the return spring to increase return resistance. Have also read that using lube on the oil pump arm will increase grit behind it and not allow full return.

Top Bottom