2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where were they at....I have been in some deep stuff back there but could always get out. Missed the trail one time coming outta goatsridge....snowing hard and fogged upbig time but we pounded a path out...

where did they dropin at?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode westridge today. What a beauty day, at least 3ft in places. snowing hard when we came down.

Attachments

• IMG_0523[1].jpg
    IMG_0523[1].jpg
    92 KB · Views: 983

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wholly smash!!! you know theres snow when a t nytro is pulling that hard to get around.....had to be 3/4s throttle there....

nice....

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
Holy smokes batman, that guy is the best rider I've seen. He's riding a Nitro?? I've never seen a Nitro boondock before.....Didn't know it was phyically possible to do it. I've only ever seen the trackside by accident..LOL

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes batman, that guy is the best rider I've seen. He's riding a Nitro?? I've never seen a Nitro boondock before.....Didn't know it was phyically possible to do it. I've only ever seen the trackside by accident..LOL

That rider is me and I just turned 16 :p

Sent from a iPhone

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My self, Chrisco, Treedragon and Tyson rode with shane and his boys at Allen on friday and Clemina on Saturday. the only thing that would have made this a perfect weekend was if the sun had poked through. There was no shoratage of deep fresh untouched powder. Being my first time to ride vale and with my guys it was an amazing weekend, they dropped me into places i never dreamed of and made me climb areas that seemed to never end...lots of great ridding and fun. You guys are amazing ridders and i cant wait to go again! here are just a few of the 100's of pics i took...enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_2417 e s.jpg
    DSC_2417 e s.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • DSC_2446 e s.jpg
    DSC_2446 e s.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,277
  • DSC_2538 e s.jpg
    DSC_2538 e s.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • DSC_2484 e s.jpg
    DSC_2484 e s.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,264
  • DSC_2812 e s.jpg
    DSC_2812 e s.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • DSC_2813 e s.jpg
    DSC_2813 e s.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,258
Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I will be away from Feb 1 - Feb 20 for training purposes, so updates will be slim. Please see the VARDA Website for updated information as I can get to it.

Our grooming will be on schedule with additional shifts as needed especially over the family day weekend. Please remember to be kind as we are now in another wonderful spell of tropical weather.....

I can be reached intermittenly through the VARDA email at varda@valemount.ca

Thanks

Last edited:

Uzeste

Reaction score
I want to send out a special thank you, to the boys that helped us when we needed it most.
Thank you:
Constable Moe from the ValemountRCMP
Curtis from VARDA
Mac from Search and Rescue
Tony and (Shawn) Tyler from Snow Farmers
Dale from Yellowhead helicopters
The boys from 4 corners, Meadow Lake, Sk
Shawn from Scorpion Industries, Bonnyville, AB
Also anyone else that helped us get out of the bush.

To everyone else make sure you have survival gear with you at all times. It happens so fast and can last so long.
(Spot, lighter, Food, Water, saw, radio and anything else you can think of)

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to send out a special thank you, to the boys that helped us when we needed it most.
Thank you:
Constable Moe from the ValemountRCMP
Curtis from VARDA
Mac from Search and Rescue
Tony and (Shawn) Tyler from Snow Farmers
Dale from Yellowhead helicopters
The boys from 4 corners, Meadow Lake, Sk
Shawn from Scorpion Industries, Bonnyville, AB
Also anyone else that helped us get out of the bush.

To everyone else make sure you have survival gear with you at all times. It happens so fast and can last so long.
(Spot, lighter, Food, Water, saw, radio and anything else you can think of)

Wanna tell the story??

Sent from a iPhone

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Uzeste, whats they story?
I agree I've heard many different stories on what happened. I do know we were about 50' away from where they stayed the couple nights on the mountain on the morning when they were lifted out. I busted my bars off just after climbing out of there. But what i heard on Thursday it was socked in they got turned around and thought they were on the trail an dropped down in to a shady area then a guy dropped down and tried to find them got stuck and walked out , then 3 more did the exact same thing on Friday dropped down thinking they were on the trail and spent a night on the mountain until the chopper picked them off the mountain Sat morning. Like i said this what I've heard don't shoot me if I'm wrong , but it would be nice to get clarification on this so people can learn from this. It's always good to be well prepared for emergency's that may happen.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back 3 days of riding mon tue wed ...unreal snow over the hood all the time hardly anyone else around if your going this weekend should be lots of snow... the snow was heavy because it was flipping warm but had an awesome trip

oly

Reaction score
Can't wait.. I will be in the Best western super slide by 8-9pm tonight!:d

sledhunter

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more Treedragon, "It's always good to be prepared". I too would like to know the whole story. I sent the helicopter in there on Friday morning, in bad flying conditions, to find these guys. When they were located the instructions to them were to walk to their friends, around 500' away. They had radio communications with each other. The avalanche conditions and weather prevented both ground and air rescue on Friday. Just after midnight Saturday morning I was informed that they had not walked out and three more sledders had joined the original "campers" and the rest of the group was planning to join them in the morning. Well, I gotta tell you, it's starting to sound like lemmings going off the cliff. Fortunately the weather allowed us to fly on Saturday morning and pluck the five of them out. Their complaint to the rescuers that I didn't deliver food and drinks on Friday was hilarious, sorry folks but I'm in the rescue business not the catering business. Be Prepared! If you want to sled in steep terrain have a plan to get out when you bury your ride. If you would rather keep your sled company than walk to safety DON'T expect a helicopter to bring you out.

When the brown stuff hits the fan and someone needs to be found or rescued call the POLICE right away! They will alert the Search and Rescue team and good things will start to happen. Be aware that while everyone is entitled to rescue we can't offer rescue every day, when avalanche conditions and weather have us stuck in town you will have to be self sufficient until conditions improve. Be Prepared!

All-in-all the snowmobilers in the McBride and Valemount riding areas are very responsible. Looking at rider numbers and the number of calls for help that we get I'm surprised. Every year there are thousands of sledder visits, yet there are generally less than a dozen search or rescue calls for sledders, well done.

Practice with your avalanche safety equipment often, take an AST-1 course and insist your companions do the same, your life depends on it.

Ride safe,

Dale Mason
SAR Manager
Robson Valley SAR

Top Bottom