2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

JSR

Reaction score
I don't understand why the sledding areas are getting smaller. The amount of money sledder bring into the Valemount area is considerable, I would think. It would be nice if they did away with the caribou closures and allowed sleds into the areas, and continue to police from the air. I would hope no one would chase them, and if they saw some, go the other way, much the same as when you are boating in the summer, to stay away from loons, geese, ducks, etc. Too many treehuggers in BC?

JSR

Reaction score
I don't understand why the sledding areas are getting smaller. The amount of money sledder bring into the Valemount area is considerable, I would think. It would be nice if they did away with the caribou closures and allowed sleds into the areas, and continue to police from the air. I would hope no one would chase them, and if they saw some, go the other way, much the same as when you are boating in the summer, to stay away from loons, geese, ducks, etc. Too many treehuggers in BC?

None the less, rules are rules, stay out, I guess!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading up tonight after work, can't wait until tomorrow. I think we'll hit up Chappel, maybe drop down off the ledge on the SE side and see if we can scare up some caribou! LOL! Actually, we dropped down in there a few years back, had some great sledding, didn't see any caribou. Then, up in the sky, we saw a chopper! Uh-oh! Cost each of us around $225, I think. There was 8 of us. CO's paid for the chopper rental that day! We looked upon it as an expensive trail pass!
Ya go for it maybe this time they will take your sled and you wonder why the areas are getting smaller. Your type draining the excellent work VARDA Curtis are doing down the drain and have the nerve to post about it.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading up tonight after work, can't wait until tomorrow. I think we'll hit up Chappel, maybe drop down off the ledge on the SE side and see if we can scare up some caribou! LOL! Actually, we dropped down in there a few years back, had some great sledding, didn't see any caribou. Then, up in the sky, we saw a chopper! Uh-oh! Cost each of us around $225, I think. There was 8 of us. CO's paid for the chopper rental that day! We looked upon it as an expensive trail pass!

Moron......... You can't fix stupid. I can't even believe someone would type this and admit to it. He's probably sitting there reading this and is like..........what? What did I do wrong? Paid the fine.......alls good. Re tard.

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys really need to chill out. He's just cracking a joke at a mistake he made a few years back and I'm sure he did learn his lesson. Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Allan today, had to be a fresh 12-14" in the staging area since yday driving by. Solid 2-3' of fresh pow up high. Multiple faceshots and a few stucks going around. Even a base of sorts in some areas, seemed more like mid Dec!
On a sad note, lots of empty cans and garbage at the cabin from days before. How f'n hard is it to carry the sh!t out that you brought in with you??

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya what what he said^^^^^^^^^^ not impressed with the garbage but really impressed with the snow. Was a good day should be better tomorrow.
Oh ya and for all you new cat guys we had a 2012 blow up with 1.3 kms on it. I heard today this is a common thing. That Sucks!!!!!!
Not much for pics today maybe more tomorrow.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that was you guys with the broken cat. guess we will see you guys up there again tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321587820672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321587820672.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 622
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321587841704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321587841704.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 623

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to see you back glassman ! Looks like you guys had a rough day up there....lol Ill look for you tomorrow, tony and I will be out for a bit.

Ill bring up some supplies and give the cabin a good clean, although have to wait on the groomer to get the bags out.

we will be plowing the lot tomorrow night, so one more day of deep in the lot for the parking lot racers......lol

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya what what he said^^^^^^^^^^ not impressed with the garbage but really impressed with the snow. Was a good day should be better tomorrow. Oh ya and for all you new cat guys we had a 2012 blow up with 1.3 kms on it. I heard today this is a common thing. That Sucks!!!!!!Not much for pics today maybe more tomorrow.
Did your buddy even read the owners manual??? If it died with 1.3kms on it, then it was not broken in properly... That's pdi problem, and shame on the new owners for not realizing this sh!t.. Sleds are supposed to be ran at running temp, first tank of fuel mixed 100:1, every sled leaves the shops (the shops that knows what theyre doing anyways) with 2-3kms on it before you ride it. That's insurance that your dealer done the pdi correctly. The story I've been getting from a lot of cat dealers is this is a routine pdi service on the new cats. So, worst thing is now, no offence to the owner at all, but just cuz one dealer or one owner didn't partake in the break in period, now a bunch of doo guys are gonna come on board and say all the pc800's are garbage. Anyways, all that info I just typed came straight from a guy at Ralph's, was talking to him for quite some time today, good guy. Figured I'd post up my .02$ worth!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did your buddy even read the owners manual??? If it died with 1.3kms on it, then it was not broken in properly... That's pdi problem, and shame on the new owners for not realizing this sh!t.. Sleds are supposed to be ran at running temp, first tank of fuel mixed 100:1, every sled leaves the shops (the shops that knows what theyre doing anyways) with 2-3kms on it before you ride it. That's insurance that your dealer done the pdi correctly. The story i've been getting from a lot of cat dealers is this is a routine pdi service on the new cats. So, worst thing is now, no offence to the owner at all, but just cuz one dealer or one owner didn't partake in the break in period, now a bunch of doo guys are gonna come on board and say all the pc800's are garbage. Anyways, all that info i just typed came straight from a guy at ralph's, was talking to him for quite some time today, good guy. Figured i'd post up my .02$ worth!

atleast you know they are garbage!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did your buddy even read the owners manual??? If it died with 1.3kms on it, then it was not broken in properly... That's pdi problem, and shame on the new owners for not realizing this sh!t.. Sleds are supposed to be ran at running temp, first tank of fuel mixed 100:1, every sled leaves the shops (the shops that knows what theyre doing anyways) with 2-3kms on it before you ride it. That's insurance that your dealer done the pdi correctly. The story I've been getting from a lot of cat dealers is this is a routine pdi service on the new cats. So, worst thing is now, no offence to the owner at all, but just cuz one dealer or one owner didn't partake in the break in period, now a bunch of doo guys are gonna come on board and say all the pc800's are garbage. Anyways, all that info I just typed came straight from a guy at Ralph's, was talking to him for quite some time today, good guy. Figured I'd post up my .02$ worth!

not saying you are wrong here, but im pretty sure that there was a bulletin issued today. the new oil pump is very low and is not self priming, causing the sleds to burn up. There is an easy fix, although anyone with a new cat should not ride their sled until they look into this....m.02

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All three traills are actually very good from the parking area. I have not heard if there is any ice on the trail yet at allan, the new daily snow should prevent this a bit, but i could be wrong there. Fingers crossed for the weekend of the 26th to get a groomer out, but its all weather dependant.

snow conditions are SICK, and I will be able to bring back a bunch more info from allen tomorrow afternoon.

With all this new snow, stay on your toes, make smart choices and watch where you park.
Play safe out there.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail is in good shape at allan. The broken cat was a loaner from his dealer as he is still waiting for his snowcheck.
See you out there.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not saying you are wrong here, but im pretty sure that there was a bulletin issued today. the new oil pump is very low and is not self priming, causing the sleds to burn up. There is an easy fix, although anyone with a new cat should not ride their sled until they look into this....m.02
I am just saying what Ive been told. Guy at Ralph's said that they put about 1-2 kms on the sled on a test , gettin the temps up to speed and doing a thorough check. He said that if anything comes back for warranty that soon, firs thing they look at is mileage. If this was done, maybe on a stand, then the issue may have been caught in his garage then on the trail going up the hill. Pdi may never have caught the issue, but it's still a wise idea to look at your owners manual and follow proper break in procedures.

Top Bottom