2010 summit engine DONE

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are benefits and drawbacks to every sled. Sometimes that's the price we pay for having 40 more HP than they did 10 yrs ago with the same displacement. Kinda like a thorough-bred race horse or a high-priced woman - you can only ride them hard for so long before you gotta trade 'em in or take them to the glue factory.

Having a 2010 with a blown crank I feel for ya Warhawk. You might have just got the lemon one maybe, or maybe just bad luck and got the rental that did get beat like a rented mule. I know of a couple others from that same place (I know you do too) and they run good. I know peeps here can sympathize with buying a sled and having it blow up right out of the gate. Everyone of us can say "coulda shoulda woulda" all day about checking this or that, realistically likely none of us would have checked the bearings either, and if it wasn't the bearings this time, it could have been a piston skirt, rod bearing, etc. Sometimes bad things happen to good peeps. It's understandable that you are frustrated.

And since I own one of each, I ain't sayin' jack, just gonna sit on the fence and cry - I've put far too much money and time into both of them!! LOL :)

There are some Ski Doo engineers I'd like to slap at times.

There are some AC engineers I'd like to slap at times.

If I owned a Polaris and a Yammy, I would probably feel the same at times.

They can only build what they can build - that's why nothing I own stays stock for long - you can always improve on what they have to offer. Pack those bearings full and let's go riding!!!! brrraaaaaappp!!! :D :D

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman you said a mouthful:)

yes i am hoping that this is going to iron out as i have been talking with the place i bought it from. He seems like a real person and said he will see what he can do. He should be getting the crank in about a week as i sent it uspsexpress.

yes i will be getting ahold of you when i see the first sign of winter in the mountians. The wife and i will be in Calgary june 11ish 12ish as we leave to go to mexico. When we get back 19-20ish i will give you a call maybe we can all get together for supper some where or a drink.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warhawk; i've seen WAY more 08 cranks go out , then 09's ,but i've only heard of 2 2010's ,i have a buddy that works for cat, they are have there problems to.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good news :) the place i bought the sled from is going to warranty the crank. bad news is they are BO'ed until august15th. Maybe there's a BIGGER problem than we know.LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good news :) the place i bought the sled from is going to warranty the crank. bad news is they are BO'ed until august15th. Maybe there's a BIGGER problem than we know.LOL

make sure they check runout before putting it back together....heard of more than one case of them measuring out of tolerance, brand new from BRP.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as soon as he lets me know that he has it i will be mentioning it to him. I also have the ability to do this as well but hey It's warranty RIGHT LOL.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as soon as he lets me know that he has it i will be mentioning it to him. I also have the ability to do this as well but hey It's warranty RIGHT LOL.
absolutely.....glad to hear they are stepping up to try and make things right.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny how you DOO guys say that this is just a regular thing to do on a DOO and that they should have been done a long time ago. Are you for real think about it 2500miles 2 years of riding(normal person) Show me where in the BRP books that it tells you to inspect/ replace / regrease this engines crank bearings. I work with this stuff for a living yes there is normal things that should be done on 2stroke engines Example top end but crank bearings falling out at 2500 miles or less. thats bad.

I guess i have just had it to good with my 08m8 as it has 34-3500 miles on it and i am not worried about it.

It prob was not a rental that everyone beat the piss out of. You prob paid low dough for it cause it was a rental. Maxwell and the boys know what they are talking about Mountian Mania Doo dominated I hear and thats up against Rene's insane turbo Nytro and Crazy Canucks Cat so next time don't buy a rental.:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It prob was not a rental that everyone beat the piss out of. You prob paid low dough for it cause it was a rental. Maxwell and the boys know what they are talking about Mountian Mania Doo dominated I hear and thats up against Rene's insane turbo Nytro and Crazy Canucks Cat so next time don't buy a rental.:d

LOL - Doo "dominated" what exactly???? :rolleyes:

I think this horse was dead a long time ago....nevermind that fact that I'm going to ignore the boosted yammy and cat comments. Ski Doo climbs a hill at the big show one time and now they are God?

Where were you the other 10 yrs......

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think this horse was dead a long time ago....nevermind that fact that I'm going to ignore the boosted yammy and cat comments. Ski Doo climbs a hill at the big show one time and now they are God?

Micku's carbon fiber Skidoo rocks, and with amazing rider, nothing it can't climb,,, and I mean absolutly nothing,, he'd climb the Iffel tower in Paris, if it had a vain of snow up it....

Dan Davidoff

I go with what he said and it aint one time look at the numbers they speak for themselves. MMM8 previous post.:beer:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On a Doo hmmm 670 summit and hey theres lots still out there stock and mod so yeah there god of sleds:d:d:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now now Barty dont beat up on the doo guys:nono::nono::beer::beer::beer::beer:

LOL - you guys must have forgotten that I own a Doo!!! LOL Have since 1983...... :D

Micku's carbon fiber Skidoo rocks, and with amazing rider, nothing it can't climb,,, and I mean absolutly nothing,, he'd climb the Iffel tower in Paris, if it had a vain of snow up it....

Dan Davidoff

I go with what he said and it aint one time look at the numbers they speak for themselves. MMM8 previous post.:beer:

Not taking anything away from anyone here - but I've ridden all over this great land and seen sh!t that would blow your mind on any given weekend, at numerous hills. Just because it didn't make it onto Youtube or into someone's sled film, doesn't mean there aren't a ton of great riders out there doing it, I wouldn't hang your hat on one filming of MMM 8 or someone else's comments. Yeah Micku's CF Doo is nice, there are other sleds out there just as nice and just as capable IMO. Micku wasn't the first one to have a CF chassis Doo with a 4 stroke turbo in it.... ;)

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL - you guys must have forgotten that I own a Doo!!! LOL Have since 1983...... :D

Not taking anything away from anyone here - but I've ridden all over this great land and seen sh!t that would blow your mind on any given weekend, at numerous hills. Just because it didn't make it onto Youtube or into someone's sled film, doesn't mean there aren't a ton of great riders out there doing it, I wouldn't hang your hat on one filming of MMM 8 or someone else's comments. Yeah Micku's CF Doo is nice, there are other sleds out there just as nice and just as capable IMO. Micku wasn't the first one to have a CF chassis Doo with a 4 stroke turbo in it.... ;)

It wasn't a 4 stroke turbo it was an 880 BB:d:d:d:d:d Get that into ya. Just messing around I get what you say totally on any given Sunday wicked riders are doing crazy chit on all diff setups.:beer::beer::beer::d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, i see all these problems with Doo, but i see next to nothing for polaris. kinda to bad cuz i like the summits, but if this is the kinda stuff they make i might be gettin a polaris :(

next to none on polaris other than there motors failing with only a few hundred km's on them every sled has it's issues my 08 xp with 860 and twin pipes has well over 3000km's and still running hard the dude got a lemon

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as warranty like i said before who really cares about it. The problem i have is if you are constantly having to inspect crank bearings every 2000-2500 miles and to do it right you have to pull the engine. I think this would get old real quick.

even pulling the motors isn't that hard if it is gonna save you some $$$$ then why not do it Maintenance is the major key to a sled or any vehicle lasting

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i'm with modman on this one ya he climbed a gnarly chute mad props to all those guys out there yes the sled has tons to do with it but the rider has the most to do with it I could have rene's turbo nytro (wich i have ridden 2 years ago) and still not be able to climb the chutes because i'm nowere near that good of rider.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a 4 stroke turbo it was an 880 BB:d:d:d:d:d Get that into ya. Just messing around I get what you say totally on any given Sunday wicked riders are doing crazy chit on all diff setups.:beer::beer::beer::d

Thought we were talking about the boosted 1200 4 stroke, not the 880 BB on Nitrous. Yeah it's a cool sled too, but it's still just a BB 880 with nitrous and a CF chassis. :beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm with modman on this one ya he climbed a gnarly chute mad props to all those guys out there yes the sled has tons to do with it but the rider has the most to do with it I could have rene's turbo nytro (wich i have ridden 2 years ago) and still not be able to climb the chutes because i'm nowere near that good of rider.

Don't sell yourself short, believe me, HP can overcome a lot of lack of skill. There are a lot of zero's that look like hero's because of big HP under the hood. Someone like Cory can ride and does on an 880, what takes some people over 300 HP. That's skill. Jack Struthers can take a 600 where most people can't take a turbo'd sled. That's skill.

Making big boost to gain track speed to make it straight to the top isn't skill IMO.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny-pictures-mad-skillz-dj.jpg

Top Bottom