2010 assault track change

PETRC

Reaction score
hey guys, im a little new to sledding so stupid question comin at ya..

Is there any reason that a 146X16 skidoo track wouldnt fit on my 2010 assault? and would I have to change or adjust anything if i did that.?

Also would I have to do it myself or do u think polaris would do it for me?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Why would you want to change the track? Have you ridden it yet? I am not sure about your question, but I dont think it will fit. Sure you have to stick with a 15" but I could be waaaaay off here.

IF it would fit, Polaris will do anything for you...at the shop rate LOL

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im a little new to sledding so stupid question comin at ya..

Is there any reason that a 146X16 skidoo track wouldnt fit on my 2010 assault? and would I have to change or adjust anything if i did that.?

Also would I have to do it myself or do u think polaris would do it for me?

No 16" wide is to wide. get a camo extreme 146 for the assault if you are wanting a better range of snow condition track. it still bites oh firm snow but also does not trench like the stock in soft snow.

and ive changed two tracks in my life. im really mechanical and i have to say i hate it......but its not impossible. best thing to do when putting the skid back in is use ratchet straps on the front and rear arms and compress the shocks and its alot easier to maneuver

DragonCFI

Reaction score
pretty sure the ski doo tracks are 3 in pitch and polaris are 2.52 so your drivers wont match up

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the ski doo tracks are 3 in pitch and polaris are 2.52 so your drivers wont match up

polaris 155, 163, 146, 120s are 2.86 pitch but the width is the factor because you can always change drivers

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not ask your dealer if they would take the Assault track on trade for another less aggressive track, the stock Assault track is meant for serious deep CHIT..not trail riding.my son has a 2010 Assault, Machine is governed for 80 kph with that track.changing track and heavier clutch weights will give it more speed if thats what you want.
or trade machine back for a 800 RMK instead.? good dealer might do it? Might?

Top Bottom