2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey curtis a couple of us are heading up thursday nite. Stayin at willow burl. Would you be interested in riding with us at chappel on friday? Ive been there a couple times. But only when it was socked in. Could use a good guide.

If it warms up we will be grooming allan and clemina on wednesday and chappell on thursday night, currently +4:rant:.

We will be out at chappell on friday and would be happy to give you a bit of a tour to show you the areas boundaries. thats what we are hear for. We will be in the parking lot with our yellow jackets and you can not miss us. I may not be out there until 10ish, but tyler will be there first thing doing the usual beacon check and safety/caribou chat. Say hi to him if im not there and we will know who to look for.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it warms up we will be grooming allan and clemina on wednesday and chappell on thursday night, currently +4:rant:.

We will be out at chappell on friday and would be happy to give you a bit of a tour to show you the areas boundaries. thats what we are hear for. We will be in the parking lot with our yellow jackets and you can not miss us. I may not be out there until 10ish, but tyler will be there first thing doing the usual beacon check and safety/caribou chat. Say hi to him if im not there and we will know who to look for.

what time is he out there at? i have to ask are you guys making sure everyone has beacons before going on the hill?? just courious.. not a bad idea if thats so

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a bunch; but not on my camera.:rolleyes: The snow was great all weekend. Chappel was crazy deep on Saturday, and with the flat light conditions it seemed like we were always getting someone unstuck from somewhere all day long. Meeting the groomer on the way down was a beautiful site too; the big creek crossing was starting to get pretty exciting when we came out.:cool: It was snowing HARD in Allen yesterday all day, and we went back to some spots that had alot of tracks in them when we headed down on Friday that had pretty much filled back in by yesterday.:d It should be a great weekend for anyone headed up next weekend. We never had any encounters with rocks anywhere all weekend; but did hear from other groups that Clemina was still full of landmines. It was great meeting Oly and his crew and having a couple of beers with them in the hottub at the hotel on Friday nite. You were right about Chappel being "Stuckfest" Oly.

SHREDDER did that metal mulisha sticker on the hood add the 15hp it says ( or is that monster?). that must have helped keep that cat unstuck all weekend we all know they need all the help they can get...:d:beer::beer: lol jk!!. lets see some pics.. on what i missed out on.

Last edited:

AlbertaSummit

Reaction score

Alright. I'll watch for you guys. You might see me first. Got a big lifted yellow ford. Should be there around 9-10 am

And it's the monster sticker that add 15hp

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright. I'll watch for you guys. You might see me first. Got a big lifted yellow ford. Should be there around 9-10 am

And it's the monster sticker that add 15hp

upps my bad.. whats the metal mulisha supposed to add.. it has to help lol:smiliestirthepot::crap:

shawn800

Reaction score
Sick pow curtis where was that chappel we were there friday and sat rode allen both days found some great snow but nothing like that that looks sweet

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel on Sat and Alan on sunday, both days were great, hoping, to have pics downloaded in the next day or so. Chappels trail was rough going in on Sat but so worth once we got in, the snow was great for testing out my new skid, which I feel worked well. Met the groomer coming down what a god send that was seeing as I overworked all day I was just beat coming down the trail. Alan on Sunday was good as well, poor visability but fun playin in the trees, another great trip to the mountains. The trail head Beacon checkers are a great Idea, Big high Fiver to Varda, you guys do excellent work, all to help make the sport we love better.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sick pow curtis where was that chappel we were there friday and sat rode allen both days found some great snow but nothing like that that looks sweet

yes it was

Currently completely socked in and SNOWING like CRAZY

Chitty pic, but you get the idea. Now we just need it to cool of a bit so we can set the trails again:cool:

Attachments

• SNOWING.jpg
    SNOWING.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 455

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it was

Currently completely socked in and SNOWING like CRAZY

Chitty pic, but you get the idea. Now we just need it to cool of a bit so we can set the trails again:cool:

calling for cooler weather in the next few days.....:d:d:d

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after today, there should be enough to ride the westridge family loop and have a great time. check out our website and you will find a google earth file of the ride and see its proximity to town

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Did you talk to the guys who freeflew the freeride over the cliff this weekend curtis?

Top Bottom